English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters
Jos Buttler with 90* from 33 balls. Would love to see the highlights of that knock. He will play for England in the future, the lad can really bat.

Rather Onions miss out the Ashes tour than anyone else. He probably would not have been too threatening in those conditions anyways. Rather have a hit the deck kinda guy like Finn.

Notts have choked. Yorkshire should get a lead of well over 200 thanks to a brilliant knock by Gale.

Bit disappointed we couldn't finish off Lancs and let them get passed 250, but we are still in a good position to win the match. The target has to be 400 for full batting points.

If there's one thing Notts are always gonna do, it's choke. I'm can't even put into words how disappointed I'll be if AGAIN we come away with nothing after another season of near domination. WHY ON EARTH IS PAUL FRANKS OPENING THE BATTING?

Every time I check the Notts scorecards Adams is always picking up wickets. Something tells me he should have been in the mix for the NZ test squad over the last 5 years, I'm sure he's just as good as the current/ recent mob we've got.

Well he's coming back to play NZ domestic cricket I think. Why was he dropped in the first place? He's a good bowler, and very useful down the order in a powerplay situation

Don't remind me of his batting!

Auckland needing 7 off the last ball of the innings to beat ND. If they get it, Auckland host the final. If they don't Otago do. 7 off one ball surely he wont, surely he can't, surely the bowler will make sure he doesn't bowl a flinging no-ball!
I was already celebrating Otago's home final, only to look up and see a no-ball go sailing out of the park :(

Who the hell was the meat-head bowler?

Don't remind me of his batting!

Auckland needing 7 off the last ball of the innings to beat ND. If they get it, Auckland host the final. If they don't Otago do. 7 off one ball surely he wont, surely he can't, surely the bowler will make sure he doesn't bowl a flinging no-ball!
I was already celebrating Otago's home final, only to look up and see a no-ball go sailing out of the park :(

Who the hell was the meat-head bowler?

I remember a similar game (Adams batting) but it was 12 off the last ball. The ball was a no-ball which was hit for four, so that's six runs. Then the re-bowled ball was hit for six.

Probably the same one. Actually I think it was!

Yes, he needed 12 off the last ball and got it. Sorry my memory isn't the best. I mean who was the meat-head that let him hit 12 off the last ball!

The ball was a no-ball which was hit for four, so that's six runs.
Are you sure? :laugh.

I think it went no-ball 6 then 6. 13 off the last ball :(

Nah I think the no-ball was worth 2, and it was edged for four. Then he smacked the next delivery over the bowler's head

Chewie added 1 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Found from an obscure site:

However for my decade runner up I am choosing an obscure highlight of Andre Adams securing an impossible victory for Auckland over Northern Districts chasing 161 in the 20/20 game at Seddon Park, Hamilton on 28 January 2007. Auckland needed 12 runs to win off the last ball – usually this would be thought impossible, but not for the big hitting uber talented Aucklander Andre Adams, and Graeme Aldridge bowling a waist high full toss (a no-ball) which was slammed for 4. Then Auckland needed 6 off the last ball – surely he couldn’t achieve the dream… However Aldridge’s bowling and Adams clean hitting ensured that defeat was snatched from the jaws of victory, as Adams absolutely pounded the ball for a big six over long off to guide Auckland to an amazing win.

Noughties decade highlights

I just remember it was 12 off the last ball and the re-bowled one went over the bowlers head.

Anyway, Is he coming back to Auckland?

Users who are viewing this thread