English Domestic Cricket

Who is your county team?

• Total voters

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Trescothick has gone past 1500 runs for the Championship season today. He seems to get better with age.

Just watching the CB40 on sky with the commentators mentioning Bairstow and Stokes hitting power, when I though of Buttler. Buttler has 180 odd runs at a strike rate of 140 without being out in 40 over cricket this year. It makes you wonder why we keep on going with the same old in One Day cricket, when we have so many exciting young batsmen on the County circuit.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
It makes you wonder why we keep on going with the same old in One Day cricket, when we have so many exciting young batsmen on the County circuit.

I disargee with you here. Just looking around who's been playing this year and the teams are full of young 'uns however it is still way too early to throw them in the deep end. Anyway before the ODI series after the Ashes we'd won a load of ODI series' in a row.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
I'd agree with you if it was a case of putting someone in the top order, or opening the bowling. But the Sri Lanka series had Ian Bell at number 6. Now, whether or not he's good enough to be in the ODI side is one thing, but he's certainly not a number 6, so why not give them a go? We always have this 'they're too young', I say if they're good enough, they deserve a shot. Look at the likes of Morgan, identified as good enough and has come in and not looked back. We have a chance to blood someone at number 6, I say take it.

Sureshot

Executive member
I have to agree, I think Bell has a place in the ODI side, but he's wasted at #6 and if anything it's detrimental to the side.

Other possibilities, Nash? Been in great form last 2-3 seasons, can bowl, great fielder and although he normally opens, he's an impact player who'd be good enough at 6.

Of course, I still think we need to give Samit a run.

That catch from Lou Vincent tonight at cover was insane.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Great win from Somerset after looking so out of it on the first day. Hopefully we can build on this and finish the season strongly, now we finally have our first choice eleven available. I don't think we can win the Championship from here, but you never know.

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
Things are looking up for Surrey's pace attack.

Chris Tremlett and Jade Dernbach are both in the England squad, Stuart Meaker is in the Lions squad, Yasir Arafat has returned to form with 5-fors in his last two games and Tim Linley (with the fall of the 2nd wicket of the 2nd Gloucs innings) has taken 42 wickets in his last 7 Championship games, the on-going Gloucs game inclusive.

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Surrey have signed Jon Lewis for next year too. Interesting to see how he'll fit in with all those other names there. I can only assume that they think they won't be seeing too much of Dernbach, as well as Tremlett.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
I think Surrey has the upper hand in their game against India. India is a depleted side here and also, the most of their players are not in good form.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
TBH Surrey's pace bowling stocks look a lot better than India's

Ha, let me guess:

Tremlett
Dernbach
Meaker

Equal I would say. (JK):p

Spin attack:

Ansari
Batty
Schofield
Ojha (soon to be)

I think Surrey has the upper hand in their game against India. India is a depleted side here and also, the most of their players are not in good form.

India are playing Northamptonshire, not Surrey.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, so Surrey won their match yesterday after all! I switched my TV off once Willey got to his maiden fifty, but it seems RHB had other ideas. So finally back to his off break bowling? That'd do a heck a lot of good to their already impressive bowling attack. Seriously, this's a well balanced side, there to take any team by storm on their day. :)

P.S: Fire Spriegel & Arafat. No more weak links in your XI thereby! :p

MUFC1987

Panel of Selectors
Surrey always look ok to me, apart from the lower middle order. Once you get past the top 5, no one is going to score any runs for them.

Somerset are on their way to a really good win against Sussex. Buttler was superb in the first Innings, I think that could well be a breakthrough innings for him in terms of first class cricket.

lewissaffin

Club Cricketer
When RHB, Davies and Roy don't fire, it is usually up to Maynard and de Bruyn to provide some substance to the scorecard. When none of them do so, you have to hope that Arafat will have an amazing time of it because otherwise there just aren't any runs in our team.

Of course, when the top three do fire, we almost always score big runs because they are very much "hit out or get out" batsmen.

Users who are viewing this thread