English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes is still in his relatively early stages of his managerial career though so he doesn't need to prove himself yet. Whereas, this is probably Keegan's last managerial job.

I should have phrased that better, you can be a good manager without winning anything, Harry Redknapp for example, but the Newcastle fans expect the manager to have something special, surely you've got to have won something proper to be considered special.

Alan Curbishley, special? I think so.

As long as Keegan can keep Newcastle away from the top end of the table and Sir Alex's mind games, he should be fine!! :p

Alan Curbishley, special? I think so.
What on Earth!? No, Alan Curbishley is not a special manager, he's a good manager but nothing more. Just one question "Jaztheman", how long have you actually been watching football, because some of your comments in here makes me doubt its long.

Releived to win today, we've been poor away from home by our standards even if that does include some of the tougher games. Glad to see Rooney score, hopefully he'll get back to the form he was in earlier in the season before he got that freak injury. Had some really bad luck with injurys so its about time he gets a good run together and bangs in some goals, hopefully he can finish up with 30 goals which would be tough, to ask for another 20 from here but it's possible and if he stays fit he can do it. As for Ronaldo, well I wouldn't take anyone else in the world ahead of him right now. Amazing player.

The Championship - what a league it is (Phil)! A great day for it today with Cardiff 3-3 West Brom.

Norwich drew 0-0 with Leicester. We should have had 2 penalties and we hit the post twice. Argh!

Professional performance from United today. Got the win and kept going despite not breaking Reading down earlier.

Rooney's goal was a peach, and despite an off day for Ronaldo, he finally hit the target and scored with his 8th shot of the afternoon (some wayward ones in there!!)!

Credit to Reading, they actually gave it a go, and didn't just sit back. They played three strikers (all be it Doyle playing from the wing), and showed they have enough to maintain a place in the Premier League.

Arsenal played there usual way. I am proud of that performance, and we showed that we can take the Aerial route if we want. Just amazed to see How Adebayor has stepped up after Henry's gone and VP injured most time, really pleased to see him progress so much, i dint think he had it in him. Eduardo looks set to be an awesome signing too, we just need to be consistent now till we get TOure and EBoue back. 1 or 2 signings would help too especially in defence.

The Championship - what a league it is (Phil)! A great day for it today with Cardiff 3-3 West Brom.

Norwich drew 0-0 with Leicester. We should have had 2 penalties and we hit the post twice. Argh!
It's funny how you say what a good league it is, then your 0-0 boredraw is mentioned as an afterthought:p.

Yeah, crucial win for United yesterday, if we want to win the league again, we've got to win games like that, brilliant finish from Rooney and how quick was Ronny for the 2nd goal. We may not have played great, but in games like that it doesn't matter.

The Championship's a good league, better than most European second leagues but the problem is the style of play in the Championship is so different to that of in the Premiership that a lot of the time it's the reason why teams struggle first season coming up. Teams that have played in a Premiership style in the Championship and been promoted have flourished in the Premiership the next season - Reading being a prime example.

It's funny how you say what a good league it is, then your 0-0 boredraw is mentioned as an afterthought:p.

Yeah, crucial win for United yesterday, if we want to win the league again, we've got to win games like that, brilliant finish from Rooney and how quick was Ronny for the 2nd goal. We may not have played great, but in games like that it doesn't matter.

Newcastle and Bolton also played out a boredraw in your prestigious Premier League.

Newcastle and Bolton also played out a boredraw in your prestigious Premier League.

That's because it involved Bolton. Whaddya mean "Your prestigious Premier League?" It's yours as well! I'm annoyed by how many lower league fans critiscize the premier league just because they aren't in it.

Well played Titus Bramble. Oh how I love this man.

Oh I know Lee, I just thought it was funny how you put that bit after going on about how good a league it is. I guess its like when I had you changing your mind every 5 minutes on MSN on Friday Lee:p.

Spot on Matt! This is also what I was saying on Friday, Championship fans bad mouth the Premiership and despise it just because their bitter and are not in it, they'd soon change their mind when they got there.

That's because it involved Bolton. Whaddya mean "Your prestigious Premier League?" It's yours as well! I'm annoyed by how many lower league fans critiscize the premier league just because they aren't in it.

Well played Titus Bramble. Oh how I love this man.

Me and Phil were having an argument about it. He said the Championship was crap, which is plain wrong.

Oh I know Lee, I just thought it was funny how you put that bit after going on about how good a league it is. I guess its like when I had you changing your mind every 5 minutes on MSN on Friday Lee:p.

I didn't change my mind! The Championship is a decent league, certainly not crap, and the Premier League is the PREMIER football league in the world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread