English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool don't have enough quality. They have 2 truely world class players; Torres and Gerrard. They have about 5 more bubbling under who could possibly be and have shown themselves to have the ability but don't have the consistancy. Other than that Benitez hasn't bought well, in the Premiership he is tactically inept and I don't understand why people keep heaping praise on him and desregarding the Americans who they were loving around the time they took over.

They have enough quality but somehow arent able to get any sort of consistency. Very similar to AC Milan.

And I am very sure, in the end, they will take that fourth spot. I did pick them for the League this season, as I thought United and Chelsea would be concentrating on Europe. Never expected Arsenal to play the way they did. But now I think they (Liverpool) have absolutely no chance of the title.

You're comparing AC Milan to Liverpool? Ok, AC Milan are having problems this season but are a world class side (all be it an ageing one). Liverpool are not world class. You can say I'm bias all you want, but the fact of the matter is Liverpool are carried by two players at the moment - Gerrard and Torres. The rest simply aren't good enough for a title challenging squad.

Liverpool don't have enough quality. They have 2 truely world class players; Torres and Gerrard. They have about 5 more bubbling under who could possibly be and have shown themselves to have the ability but don't have the consistancy. Other than that Benitez hasn't bought well, in the Premiership he is tactically inept and I don't understand why people keep heaping praise on him and desregarding the Americans who they were loving around the time they took over.

That's kopites for you.

The Hibbster's signed a new contract :D We've already lost 1 legend this transfer window and couldnt afford to lose another. Tony Hibbert is blatently the best right back in the world. Fact.

Osman's signed a new deal aswell :D

I hope city get into europe and Rochdale dont get promoted and i win£2

They have enough quality but somehow arent able to get any sort of consistency. Very similar to AC Milan.

And I am very sure, in the end, they will take that fourth spot. I did pick them for the League this season, as I thought United and Chelsea would be concentrating on Europe. Never expected Arsenal to play the way they did. But now I think they (Liverpool) have absolutely no chance of the title.

I never, ever, ever thought they would ever challenge for the title this season. It was laughable how some fans were expecting Arsenal to fail and Liverpool to prosper since it is painfully obvious that without Gerrard, they have no attacking threat (this was before Torres) and without Carragher, they have no defence. They have only 2 attacking options when Crouch isn't playing (why he isn't playin, I have no idea).

Kuyt, Agger, Voronin, Finnan and Aurelio are all average at best.

Hyppia is in shocking form, Riise has had better days than as of late and Pennant has looked basent in matches.

Also, Babel has not impressed me much.

Unlike Arsenal and Man U (the former's midfield and the latter's attacking 4 in particular), they don't seem to know how each other play. That is why Gerrard is so vital. He relies on himself to make things happen.

Plus, if you look at their bench, including unknowns such as:

Sebastián Leto
Jay Spearing
Ray Putterill
Ryan Flynn
Martin Škrtel
Stephen Darby
David Martin
Nabil El Zhar
Jack Hobbs
Emiliano Insúa

you'll see that they have no depth at all which, is no wonder they rely on their strongest team in all competitions making rotation useless.

Benayoun and Alonso are class. though.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3067146,00.html

When I saw the headline, my heart skipped a beat.

That is not a bad finish by Harewood, Liverpool have dominated though, and as I type, Villa score again, another goal off of a Liverpool hand, a kick in the balls that one.
Ah well, I had some vCash on it being a draw...

You can't see it? We already are.

I don't think so. Top 4 are a different class at the present time and it'll show in the standings by seasons end.

Everton will drop alot of points while Yobo, Yakubu and Pienaar are away on National duty. Their squad will be heavily tested and l'm not sure they have the depth needed to keep stringing results together. Time will tell though.

Liverpool finishing in the top three is laughable. They're so far apart from United, Arsenal and Chelsea in quality.

I do actually fancy Everton to finish 4th this season. Remember Liverpool have to go to Stamford Bridge, The Emirates and Old Trafford still.

Liverpool finishing in the top 3 is laughable? You seem to forget we finished last season in 3rd place.

So much apart in quality? Two European Cup Finals in the last three seasons is something to behold mate. Just a bit of quality needed to make European Cup Finals.

Traveling to the grounds you mentioned will be tough but certainly not impossible to get results. Playing on the counter with Torres leading the line could work a treat.

Remember, Everton still need to travel to Anfield. :)

Firstly, Carragher, Agger, Alonso and Mascherano would all have to been very close to world class. Real Madrid are a huge fan of the last two, and they're keeping tabs on them all the time. Real Madrid don't sign players just for the hell of it.

Secondly, rubbish.

Most Liverpool fans had the feeling of uncertainty at the time. Two unknown blokes taking over our beloved club was hard to comprehend.

The sooner those twats are out the door, the better. They've only caused crap since they've been in charge.

You're comparing AC Milan to Liverpool? Ok, AC Milan are having problems this season but are a world class side (all be it an ageing one). Liverpool are not world class. You can say I'm bias all you want, but the fact of the matter is Liverpool are carried by two players at the moment - Gerrard and Torres. The rest simply aren't good enough for a title challenging squad.

It's consistence that troubles us. We have a good enough squad, it's just about playing good Football on a regular basis.

When we play bad, we lose points. But when Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal play bad they generally still find a way to win. That's something we don't do and need to address.

I never, ever, ever thought they would ever challenge for the title this season. It was laughable how some fans were expecting Arsenal to fail and Liverpool to prosper since it is painfully obvious that without Gerrard, they have no attacking threat (this was before Torres) and without Carragher, they have no defence. They have only 2 attacking options when Crouch isn't playing (why he isn't playin, I have no idea).

Hyppia is in shocking form, Riise has had better days than as of late and Pennant has looked basent in matches.

Unlike Arsenal and Man U (the former's midfield and the latter's attacking 4 in particular), they don't seem to know how each other play. That is why Gerrard is so vital. He relies on himself to make things happen.

Sebasti?n Leto
Jay Spearing
Ray Putterill
Ryan Flynn
Martin ?krtel
Stephen Darby
David Martin
Nabil El Zhar
Jack Hobbs
Emiliano Ins?a

you'll see that they have no depth at all which, is no wonder they rely on their strongest team in all competitions making rotation useless.

That post is quite laughable really. Do you watch any of Liverpool at all or know anything about us?

Agger average at best? The lad has been a rock since he joined us. A fantastic defender and he can distribute the ball well, unlike Carragher or Hyypia. Just gutted for him that he has missed the majority of the current season.

Finnan is very consistent. Been one of our most consistent players for a while now. Calling him average is just stupid.

Aurelio is fantastic when on the pitch. Sadly it's not very often due to his injury problems. Still a decent squad player and a far better option than Riise.

Babel has hardly started a game. When he has come on as a sub, he has added a much needed spark. He'll be evenually moved to a striker role. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

What?!?!

That is our reserve team mate. Nice try though. Trying to act knowledgeable by going on Wiki and copying and pasting our apparent "first team" squad is quite humerous.

None of those players are ever on our bench. Skrtel just arrived but will take time to settle. He is on the bench today though against Villa.

No depth? We always have first team players missing out on the squad all together. Today it's Finnan, Riise, Lucas, Pennant, Voronin. Yes, l realise that's not the best batch of players, but they'd surely start at most Premier League teams.

Sebasti?n Leto
Jay Spearing
Ray Putterill
Ryan Flynn
Martin ?krtel
Stephen Darby
David Martin
Nabil El Zhar
Jack Hobbs
Emiliano Ins?a

Those is bold are youth players? And you can hardly comment on Skrtel seeing as no one knows anything about him.

Agger is far from average, he was first choice in the second best defence last year. Hyypia has been very good this season, he has scored 2 own goals which really weren't his fault and has had dodgy games against Luton but he's been overall very good, probably his best season for a couple of years.

I'll give that Voronin, Kuyt, Aurelio, Pennant aren't really good enough. At all.

Babel has impressed at times, but he doesn't get much chance.

As for your first paragraph, Arsenal last season lost Henry, and made 4th place without really challenging for much else (league cup, but) and Liverpool made 3rd and almost won the champions league. That is why expectations were higher, and we bought Fernando Torres.

We need probably to get shot of Kuyt, Voronin, Riise, Aurelio, Pennant, Kewell perhaps, Sissoko. And maybe more. Have more quality and less average.

Really poor result against Villa. Like most times this season, we should of won but stupid defending and luck was against us.

A point is better than nothing l suppose, but it's still not good enough.

Nice one Villa. Although i'm glad Liverpool equalised in the end. Good old Crouchy boy. He still won't start in the next game though. :rolleyes:

Firstly, Carragher, Agger, Alonso and Mascherano would all have to been very close to world class. Real Madrid are a huge fan of the last two, and they're keeping tabs on them all the time. Real Madrid don't sign players just for the hell of it.

Secondly, rubbish.

Most Liverpool fans had the feeling of uncertainty at the time. Two unknown blokes taking over our beloved club was hard to comprehend.

The sooner those twats are out the door, the better. They've only caused crap since they've been in charge.

Carragher is vastly over-rated and was never picked by England for a reason. He threw a paddy because he is an icon in Liverpool for his un shurking loyalty and a decent Premiership ability to defend. He is however nowhere near world class, not at all. That statement is absolutely ridiculous. You're seriously telling me that he is up there with the likes of Maldini, Nesta, Puyol etc. What a joke.

Agger has the potential to be world class, but he's still young and learning. He isn't world class yet. He's had one good season and one so far interrupted by injury and he's being hero worshiped already.

Alonso has been awful. Had a good season or two but has done nothing season. Has really gone off the boil, showed world class passing but as a total player it is highly debatable.

Mascherano isn't yours and if you don't buy him soon he will never be.

Actually, most Liverpool fans were so far up the Americans arse they were making the speeches. It was all "We're finally going to be able to compete with United etc etc" The Americans have actually done some good for your club. They're increasing revenue, they have liant business minds. It's not their fault that the manager has been tactically inept and bought awfully in the summer and so they cannot trust him to spend money without recouping it this window.

I'm glad someone's mentioned Alonso. I say it all the time to my Kopite mates this season that he's been awful and that players like Arteta and Fabregas have been a class above him this season. Yet all I get in return is the usual kopite response "We've won it 5 times, you've never won it, we're the best team in the world etc etc".

Sigh.

I don't think so. Top 4 are a different class at the present time and it'll show in the standings by seasons end.

Everton will drop alot of points while Yobo, Yakubu and Pienaar are away on National duty. Their squad will be heavily tested and l'm not sure they have the depth needed to keep stringing results together. Time will tell though.

Liverpool finishing in the top 3 is laughable? You seem to forget we finished last season in 3rd place.

So much apart in quality? Two European Cup Finals in the last three seasons is something to behold mate. Just a bit of quality needed to make European Cup Finals.

Traveling to the grounds you mentioned will be tough but certainly not impossible to get results. Playing on the counter with Torres leading the line could work a treat.

Remember, Everton still need to travel to Anfield. :)

Secondly, rubbish.

It's consistence that troubles us. We have a good enough squad, it's just about playing good Football on a regular basis.

When we play bad, we lose points. But when Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal play bad they generally still find a way to win. That's something we don't do and need to address.

That post is quite laughable really. Do you watch any of Liverpool at all or know anything about us?

Agger average at best? The lad has been a rock since he joined us. A fantastic defender and he can distribute the ball well, unlike Carragher or Hyypia. Just gutted for him that he has missed the majority of the current season.

Finnan is very consistent. Been one of our most consistent players for a while now. Calling him average is just stupid.

Aurelio is fantastic when on the pitch. Sadly it's not very often due to his injury problems. Still a decent squad player and a far better option than Riise.

Babel has hardly started a game. When he has come on as a sub, he has added a much needed spark. He'll be evenually moved to a striker role. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

What?!?!

That is our reserve team mate. Nice try though. Trying to act knowledgeable by going on Wiki and copying and pasting our apparent "first team" squad is quite humerous.

None of those players are ever on our bench. Skrtel just arrived but will take time to settle. He is on the bench today though against Villa.

No depth? We always have first team players missing out on the squad all together. Today it's Finnan, Riise, Lucas, Pennant, Voronin. Yes, l realise that's not the best batch of players, but they'd surely start at most Premier League teams.

First of all, when did I say that was the first team ffs!? I stated it was back-up - reserves. I wonder how much you know about Liverpool or football in general when you say Agger is a rock!?

I'm (not) sorry, but what decent, Europe-qualifying team would accept any of those players?

You have no back up. Your bench is incredibly average with the likes Voronin, Pennant and Lucas. Seriously, wake up and smell the ****-smelling coffee.

As for the Top 4 being a class above the rest, since Liverpool are in 5th, I wouldn't argue with that.

real Madrid sign everyone. Everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread