English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Secondly, rubbish.

Most Liverpool fans had the feeling of uncertainty at the time. Two unknown blokes taking over our beloved club was hard to comprehend.

The sooner those twats are out the door, the better. They've only caused crap since they've been in charge.

Utter bull****. You bent over and welcomed them with open arms when they first came. You believed every word they told you. Which made you look like fools after how you acted after the Glazers got Manchester United. Your Yanks are better than our Yanks eh?
lol.gif

Last edited:
Nice one Villa. Although i'm glad Liverpool equalised in the end. Good old Crouchy boy. He still won't start in the next game though. :rolleyes:

Spot on.

I'm absolutely sick and tired of Voronin and Kuyt rotating as the 2nd striker and poor Crouchy not getting a look in. He came on yet again and saved us in no more than 10 minutes. Imagine what he could do with a string of matches in a row. **** sake, just play him Rafa.

Carragher is vastly over-rated and was never picked by England for a reason. He threw a paddy because he is an icon in Liverpool for his un shurking loyalty and a decent Premiership ability to defend. He is however nowhere near world class, not at all. That statement is absolutely ridiculous. You're seriously telling me that he is up there with the likes of Maldini, Nesta, Puyol etc. What a joke.

Agger has the potential to be world class, but he's still young and learning. He isn't world class yet. He's had one good season and one so far interrupted by injury and he's being hero worshiped already.

Alonso has been awful. Had a good season or two but has done nothing season. Has really gone off the boil, showed world class passing but as a total player it is highly debatable.

Mascherano isn't yours and if you don't buy him soon he will never be.

Actually, most Liverpool fans were so far up the Americans arse they were making the speeches. It was all "We're finally going to be able to compete with United etc etc" The Americans have actually done some good for your club. They're increasing revenue, they have liant business minds. It's not their fault that the manager has been tactically inept and bought awfully in the summer and so they cannot trust him to spend money without recouping it this window.

I respect your opinion but you're totally in the wrong here. Carragher is a defender yes? His main duty in the team is to defend and just defend. And for me he is world class at that. How many times over his career has he saved us with last ditched tackles? The guy is an exceptional defender.

Please tell me how he doesn't make "world class" status.

Xabi has hardly been on the pitch all season. How you can judge him on the occasional minutes he's had is beyond me. No players in this world, no matter how good they are, play brilliant Football when they haven't touched a ball for months or are not match fit.

Masch will be staying at Liverpool, no doubt about that. We're currently in the process of selling Momo which will fund money to keep Masch on a permanent basis.

The Yanks have done some good for our club? Oh c'mon, get real. Firstly they've had a feud with Rafa, and then Hicks comes out publicly and says they've had a meeting with Klinsmann about a possible move to Anfield with Rafa out the door. They had no right to make that public. They have no idea at all with how to run this Football Club. Everyone who is a "REAL" Liverpool fan wants them out. Don't count OOT'S who mostly know nothing about the club.

I'm glad someone's mentioned Alonso. I say it all the time to my Kopite mates this season that he's been awful and that players like Arteta and Fabregas have been a class above him this season. Yet all I get in return is the usual kopite response "We've won it 5 times, you've never won it, we're the best team in the world etc etc".

Sigh.

Arteta and Fabregas have played just about every game this season. How can you judge Xabi's season when he has hardly stepped on the pitch? You can't compare him to those players when he hasn't played. Fool.

Xabi is a regular for Spain. The last time l checked, Arteta hasn't registered a cap.

By the way...

5 times mate. :cheers

First of all, when did I say that was the first team ffs!? I stated it was back-up - reserves. I wonder how much you know about Liverpool or football in general when you say Agger is a rock!?

I'm (not) sorry, but what decent, Europe-qualifying team would accept any of those players?

You have no back up. Your bench is incredibly average with the likes Voronin, Pennant and Lucas. Seriously, wake up and smell the ****-smelling coffee.

As for the Top 4 being a class above the rest, since Liverpool are in 5th, I wouldn't argue with that.

real Madrid sign everyone. Everyone.

You said they were our "bench" and if you didn't know, the bench is apart of the first team. Pretty obvious if you ask me.

You never stated they were reserves mate. You said "bench" which is indeed not reserves but players in the first team squad who are good enough to play in the first team.

Going by your first few posts, l'd put my head on the line and confidently say my knowledge of European Football and Football in general terms is alot greater than yours. Try prove me wrong though.

Lucas is a great talent and he'll be a great box to box midfielder one day. You obviously don't realise he was named the Bola de Ouro winner (best player) last season in the Brazilian League. Previous winners have included the likes of Zico, Romario, Kaka,Tevez and Robinho. And the lad has also captained Brazil at the Under 20 squad. Some future he has if you ask me.

I'll give you Voronin and Pennant. Both need to improve drastically to remain at Anfield.

Yes we're in 5th at the moment but it's not crisis time. 2 points away from 4th with a game in hand will do me for the time being. I see no problem with finishing 4th and winning the European Cup again. :D

Utter bull****. You bent over and welcomed them with open arms when they first came. You believed every word they told you. Which made you look like fools after how you acted after the Glazers got Manchester United. Your Yanks are better than our Yanks eh?
lol.gif

Nonsense.

There were the odd part time fans who were happy with the prospect of money flowing in and the staduim being built but there are alot more issues that arise than that with takeovers. The real fans were generally unsure of what to make of it. Our club is full of tradition and history and with new owners having control of our wonderful club, it was hard to get a grip of. And now our uncertaintly has become a reality.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely sick and tired of Voronin and Kuyt rotating as the 2nd striker and poor Crouchy not getting a look in.

Kuyt? No way! I thought he was going to become a kop legend?
lol.gif

Masch will be staying at Liverpool, no doubt about that. We're currently in the process of selling Momo which will fund money to keep Masch on a permanent basis.

The BOSS? Why would they sell him? He's the next Patrick Vieira, right?
lol.gif

Lucas is a great talent and we'll be a great box to box midfielder one day. You obviously don't realise he was named the Bola de Ouro winner (best player) last season in the Brazilian League. Previous winners have included the likes of Zico, Romario, Kaka,Tevez and Robinho. And the lad has also captain Brazil at the Under 20 squad. Some future he has if you ask me.

Anderson's better by the way. :cheers

Nonsense.

There were the odd part time fans who were happy with the prospect of money flowing in and the staduim being built but there are alot more issues that arise than that with takeovers. The real fans were generally unsure of what to make of it. Our club is full of tradition and history and with new owners having control of our wonderful club, it was hard to get a grip of. And now our uncertaintly has become a reality.

More bull****. If we're going to have an discussion, then you need to stop talking crap because if you don't, then I'm not going to waste my time with you. Ok? :rolleyes:

Anyway, we all know the real reason you want the Yanks out now. It's because they don't want to give Rafa more money to **** away. I don't blame them to be honest. And lets not joke ourselves. It's not like Rafa's been a saint during this whole thing from what I've heard.

Kuyt? No way! I thought he was going to become a kop legend?
lol.gif

The BOSS? Why would they sell him? He's the next Patrick Vieira, right?
lol.gif

Anderson's better by the way. :cheers

More bull****. If we're going to have an discussion, then you need to stop talking crap because if you don't, then I'm not going to waste my time with you. Ok? :rolleyes:

Anyway, we all know the real reason you want the Yanks out now. It's because they don't want to give Rafa more money to **** away. I don't blame them to be honest. And lets not joke ourselves. It's not like Rafa's been a saint during this whole thing from what I've heard.

No certaintly not Kuyt, l think you mean Torres. ;)

Momo will be bought by Juventus or Valencia most likely. Still has the potential to be a similar player to Viera. The Italian League will suit him to a tee = he'll be able to pass the ball without being pressured. He's passing game is his weak point and in the Italian League he'll get away with that.

I like the look of Anderson, he's had a good debut season l must say. But l'm also fairly confident we've got a great young player on our hands in Lucas.

Excuse me Mr. Ignorent, but you didn't even tell me why my points on the Liverpool owners were crap? Please tell me why.

Thanks buddy.

Last edited:
Two people from Melbourne having a serious argument about the Liverpool Football Club. Oh what is this world coming to!!!

No certaintly not Kuyt, l think you mean Torres. ;)

What a shock, more bull****. Liverpool fans said he was going to be a kop legend. FACT.

Momo will be bought by Juventus or Valencia most likely. Still has the potential to be a similar player to Viera. The Italian League will suit him to a tee = he'll be able to pass the ball without being pressured. He's passing game is his weak point and in the Italian League he'll get away with that.

He's average at best. Won't even be close to Viera, and I don't know why Juventus would want him. I thought they were trying to go places. All well.

I like the look of Anderson, he's had a good debut season l must say. But l'm also fairly confident we've got a great young player on our hands in Lucas.

Funny how you didn't say anything about my "Anderson > Lucas" comment. Oh that's right, because you know it's true.
lol.gif

Excuse me Mr. Ignorent, but you didn't even tell me why my points on the Liverpool owners were crap? Please tell me why.

Thanks buddy.

What are you on about now? I didn't say anything to them because they were crap. Just like I said in my post, and you know they're bull****.

By the way, I'm not your buddy. My real buddys actually have a clue.

lol.gif

Well...they did give us a fair bit of money and we were top in mid-september, a couple of injuries crept in and he haven't been as consistent since.

What a shock, more bull****. Liverpool fans said he was going to be a kop legend. FACT.

He's average at best. Won't even be close to Viera, and I don't know why Juventus would want him. I thought they were trying to go places. All well.

Funny how you didn't say anything about my "Anderson > Lucas" comment. Oh that's right, because you know it's true.
lol.gif

What are you on about now? I didn't say anything to them because they were crap. Just like I said in my post, and you know they're bull****.

That is hard to judge, I think Anderson's been alright without being special. Lucas has started a few games and looks much better than Sissoko (and he's won a cap for Brazil), and remember when he came on for Gerrard against Everton and won the penalty?
We'll see with those two. The advantage we have atm is that we only spent 6 mill on Lucas, rather than risking 17mill on Anderson.

Last edited:

lol.gif

You have a bit of check, don't you.

I'm sure we'll have some fassinating discussions in the near future.

:wave

Well...they did give us a fair bit of money and we were top in mid-september, a couple of injuries crept in and he haven't been as consistent since.

Oh yep, it was the "injuries" that stopped Liverpool from winning the title. (:rolleyes:) And United, Chelsea and Arsenal have been injury free all season.

That is hard to judge, I think Anderson's been alright without being special. Lucas has started a few games and looks much better than Sissoko (and he's won a cap for Brazil), and remember when he came on for Gerrard against Everton and won the penalty?
We'll see with those two. The advantage we have atm is that we only spent 6 mill on Lucas, rather than risking 17mill on Anderson.

Spot on with the last bit.

Lucas at his price, is a much better buy than Anderson at his.

I never, ever, ever thought they would ever challenge for the title this season. It was laughable how some fans were expecting Arsenal to fail and Liverpool to prosper since it is painfully obvious that without Gerrard, they have no attacking threat
True, I said it at the start of the season when people for some reason were saying Liverpool were going to win the league, I was saying that they wont be in with a chance come February.

I hope city get into europe and Rochdale dont get promoted and i win£2
What!? Your a United fan and we never, ever want City to get into Europe.

Liverpool don't have enough quality. They have 2 truely world class players; Torres and Gerrard. They have about 5 more bubbling under who could possibly be and have shown themselves to have the ability but don't have the consistancy. Other than that Benitez hasn't bought well, in the Premiership he is tactically inept and I don't understand why people keep heaping praise on him and desregarding the Americans who they were loving around the time they took over.
Spot on, they are a 2 man team and if neither fires, ie. last night then they struggle massively.

Liverpool fan, you asked why Liverpool coming third was so laughable. Look at this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/table/default.stm

12 points behind the 3rd placed team, yes like you said you came 3rd last year, but Arsenal have improved.

Alonso hasn't been good for a few years now, he had a good debut season, but has done nothing since.

All the Scousers loved the yanks when they came in, saying they were gonna bring glory back to Liverpool. Now their holding protests when I cant see that they've actually done that much wrong, I mean they've given plenty of money to Benitez and have backed away from selling the club. Look at it this way, at least you haven't got the Glazers.

Andersons been a first team fixture for United where as I think I've only seen Lucas play twice.

Oh yep, it was the "injuries" that stopped Liverpool from winning the title. (:rolleyes:) And United, Chelsea and Arsenal have been injury free all season.

Yes, every team has had injuries. We're not denying that.

l'll even admit those three teams have been a class above us this season (so far) and time will tell if that continues.

He's been better then "alright" from what I've seen. We haven't look the same side without him to be honest, and saying Lucas looked better then Sissoko isn't saying much at all.

By the way, we didn't send $17 million on Anderson from what I've heard. I don't know why people still think this. Same goes for Nani too.

Spot on with the last bit.

Lucas at his price, is a much better buy than Anderson at his.

Anderson cost more because he's a better player. You have to pay for top class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread