English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
3rd place, 1992-1993, that's all I'm saying to that.

i'm not sure what you mean is all i'm saying to that

We only needed to win or draw to stay up is all I'm saying that.

It is a shame you didn't is all I'm saying to that

Any league is a poor league without Norwich in it is all I'm saying to that.

Every team misses out on a certain 6 points is all I am saying to that

I'm actually really looking forward to the new season. Mainly cos we now have a good manager and I am not disillusioned when seeing Roeder walking into the dugout. Hopefully, we can get a European spot this year, we have the talent, well at least the attacking talent.

I think Chelsea will win the title, if you look at last year's table I think you will see Chelsea lost less games, just drew more than United. I expect them to put this right, and perhaps realize they need to play with just a bit more flair, and attempt to win by more than just the single-goal margin.

Hopefully it will be a competitive season, and perhaps Liverpool can be up amongst them as well as Arsenal. Oh and i will go for the obvious choice of all three promoted clubs going back down, Sunderland are the most likely to stay up imo, but I still don't think they will bring in the talent needed.

Oh and Matt, Wigan stayed up not Sheffield United ;)

If Henry leaves then i'm not sure Arsenal will stay in the top 4. They will certainly need to keep Fabregas fit if its the case. Arsene Wenger is also being linked with the barca job but i don't see him going for it. I reckon this wil be Rooneys season providing he's played in position. With all the talent coming into united i think he wil want to prove himself as one of the best. Shevchenko and Ballack will need to prove themselves this year. Anderson will come in and destroy....i hope :p He's getting so hyped up atm though lol. Chelseas scouts don't rate Nani apparently, he said he tries to entertain too much but technically he's perfect and he's like Ronaldo when he first joined us. Is that not the most stupid way of criticising our signing ever?! Look at Ronald now! As for championship football there are some quality players like Nugent whos doing well in the euro's but i've been to Leicester a few times last year and they are soo awful. the football is dire, last game i saw was a 2-2 draw and that was so boring i nearly fell asleep. Keano's team were one of the few i saw who didn't play long ball. I can excuse the away team but Leicester were crap.

Rabeta, you spoilt Lee and Will's game there!:p

People were saying this about us this time last year, and look what happened. We have strengthened with Hargreaves who will be important and Anderson and Nani who will be lively. To be honest I doubt Sidwell, Pizarro and Tal Ben Heim are going to shake the opposition in their boots! Liverpool aren't equipped to win the Premiership. Arsenal could do it I guess with a couple more players, but really they're a young side so will need a couple more seasons.

At the other end, I think Keano will keep Sunderland up, I think Derby will go down. Someone said Reading to go down, thats an interesting one, a lot of teams have found it very difficult in their 2nd season, i.e. Ipswich (in their more recent spell in the Premiership), Wigan. Having said that, Coppell is an excellent manager. Fulham are a possibility.

Spurs will break the top 4 very soon I think. They have lots of talented young players, so it won't be long.

If Henry leaves then i'm not sure Arsenal will stay in the top 4. They will certainly need to keep Fabregas fit if its the case. Arsene Wenger is also being linked with the barca job but i don't see him going for it. I reckon this wil be Rooneys season providing he's played in position. With all the talent coming into united i think he wil want to prove himself as one of the best. Shevchenko and Ballack will need to prove themselves this year. Anderson will come in and destroy....i hope :p He's getting so hyped up atm though lol. Chelseas scouts don't rate Nani apparently, he said he tries to entertain too much but technically he's perfect and he's like Ronaldo when he first joined us. Is that not the most stupid way of criticising our signing ever?! Look at Ronald now! As for championship football there are some quality players like Nugent whos doing well in the euro's but i've been to Leicester a few times last year and they are soo awful. the football is dire, last game i saw was a 2-2 draw and that was so boring i nearly fell asleep. Keano's team were one of the few i saw who didn't play long ball. I can excuse the away team but Leicester were crap.

Henry hasn't been that useful to us of late. we can't be called a one-man team anymore because he doesn't make our goals. We just need someone to score 20 goals or 2 people to score 10+.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread