English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Thought so, still, didn't bother replying to my point in that post though. Clearly not a free kick.

Rooney signalling "12 men" to the camera at the end. Spot on.
Having seen the highlights last night I didn't think it was a free kick, but I can see why it was given. There were two errors - the penalty when Terry pushed down Valencia and then when Rooney was wrongly called offside.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Poor Fletcher, it has been a very unlucky week for him. Denied a penalty against CSKA and given a yellow card for simulation and yesterday again a victim of poor ref decision.

PhilD123

International Coach
Having seen the highlights last night I didn't think it was a free kick, but I can see why it was given. There were two errors - the penalty when Terry pushed down Valencia and then when Rooney was wrongly called offside.
You've just admitted that the free kick was an error and then Drogba brought Brown down in the box when he was the defender at the back post for their goal.

4 huge errors that made a big impact on the game. Right to feel aggrieved.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
There's no doubt the ref did get a few things wrong yesterday. The poorest decision was when Drogba got studded in the chest and he booked him for it. Yes he play acts on numerous occasions but I see no reason as to why he should be booked.

The FA obviously thought the same because Fergie hasn't been dealt any punishment over his latest comments.

PhilD123

International Coach
And I saw no reason why he faked a seizure in his legs in that incident. I enjoyed Evans' "tackle" though :D.

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
What a dive from N'Gog, I think Drogba would have been proud of that dive for sure. Anyways its again Gerrard who rescues Liverpool. Should have been more than 5 goals for Liverpool as they had many chances. What a goal by Cameron Jerome. :hpraise

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I'm not going to comment on N'Gog's dive because it was simply atrocious and nothing more can be said. But his first goal was brilliant. Looks like Torres might be rubbing off on him a little bit. Shame his copied the likes of Ronaldo and Drogba when it comes to diving.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
You've just admitted that the free kick was an error and then Drogba brought Brown down in the box when he was the defender at the back post for their goal.

4 huge errors that made a big impact on the game. Right to feel aggrieved.

Exactly. One awful decision, you can understand. Two is pushing it, three is unacceptable and as for four...

The good thing is, we were clearly the better team against Chelsea - our supposed main rivals and we did have more than enough chances to win the game, but still - four bad decisions is completely unacceptable. We've been getting a lot of those recently - like the stone wall penalty that wasn't given against CSKA.

In other news, the other day Mark Hughes gave an interview in which he reckons that Man City are making progress because they're getting more consistent. Yeps, they are really consistent now - that's five draws in a row, isn't it? As you say, Phil:

MASSIVE!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I don't count the goal in the Chelsea-United game as an error. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread