English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
forget Teves. It's all about Tottenham! 9-1 battering of Wigan!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
forget Teves. It's all about Tottenham! 9-1 battering of Wigan!

Tell me about it - I switched over to SSN, saw the scoreline and it took a couple of seconds to realise it wasn't talking about a rugby match! Can't wait to see the highlights of that tonight...

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
also, there was a bit on BBC, someone scored a goal and looked like he handled it before he scored and they were saying how they bet that won't get on front page news!

EDIT: Here we go,

BBC said:
Wigan goal: CONTROVERSY. Hugo Rodallega crosses from the left and Paul Scharner appears to control with his hand before beating Heurelho Gomes. "Booooo" go the Spurs fans. That should push Thierry Henry off the back pages. Probably not actually.

1618: GOAL Tottenham 4-1 Wigan

It was actually the Wigan goal :p

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
also, there was a bit on BBC, someone scored a goal and looked like he handled it before he scored and they were saying how they bet that won't get on front page news!

EDIT: Here we go,

It was actually the Wigan goal :p

Good - otherwise Tottenham would equal our Premiership record of 9-0 over Ipswich!!

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Arsenal 0 Chelsea 3 :eek:, OMG I am getting worried about Chelsea now. They have been playing some fantastic football this season and now I am starting to feel it may be Chelsea's season. But wont say much as during Jan, Chelsea will lose the African players and then with them drop points. Hopefully that happens.

Arsenal played well but they need to bring a striker, RVP out for 5 months could be a huge disaster for them, Edurado hasn't been that great after the injury and Vela is too young. Maybe buy one or two strikers in Jan. Fabregas alone can't win you matches.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Arsenal 0 Chelsea 3 :eek:, OMG I am getting worried about Chelsea now. They have been playing some fantastic football this season and now I am starting to feel it may be Chelsea's season. But wont say much as during Jan, Chelsea will lose the African players and then with them drop points. Hopefully that happens.

Arsenal played well but they need to bring a striker, RVP out for 5 months could be a huge disaster for them, Edurado hasn't been that great after the injury and Vela is too young. Maybe buy one or two strikers in Jan. Fabregas alone can't win you matches.

The thing about Chelsea is they haven't hit their bad patch yet and they will - all teams do. The question is whether we can capitalise on it, without having too many bad patches of our own...

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Who is this referee continously screwing us and providing support to City :sarcasm

Auwais

International Coach
Gap down to two points and the dippers are 7th.
smilie_tanz.gif

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Who is this referee continously screwing us and providing support to City :sarcasm

Must be from the same stock as the guy who repeatedly shafted us against Chelski at Stamford Bridge... :sarcasm

Gap down to two points and the dippers are 7th.
smilie_tanz.gif

Indeed - Liverpool back where they belong, almost mid table mediocrity. Only two points behind Chelsea now, and we're finally beginning to click. What is it now, 10 goals in three Prem games and only one conceded?

Oh, and thanks for the assist today, City! :laugh :laugh :laugh

It's been a great weekend - England win the ODI series against South Africa, England get a favourable draw in the World Cup, Utd win and Chelsea lose. Shame that means City had to win, but I'd rather see Chelsea lose than City. Of course, both losing would be ideal. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread