English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to that five point gap, that defeat din't hurt Chelsea as much as it could have. But City played better and as the commentators were saying pretty much showed how to deal with Carlo's diamond formation.

There is a lot of talk about Chelsea suffering during the African Cup of nations, but considering they'll be playing Hull, Birmingham, Sunderland and Burnley, I don't think its that big a concern. Ofcourse you could lose the odd game against those sides, but that could happen even if the African players were playing as it did against Wigan, Villa and most recently against Manchester.

It's funny isn't it? Even when City do something good, it benefits us! No wonder they're so bitter. :laugh

Thanks to that five point gap, that defeat din't hurt Chelsea as much as it could have.

Yes it did - Utd are now right in Chelsea's slipstream...

It's funny isn't it? Even when City do something good, it benefits us! No wonder they're so bitter. :laugh

We can repay them by saving them having to drag all the way to Wembley for the Carling Cup final... :laugh

And Chris Hughton "the legend" won Manager of the Month for the third time this season. Go on big Chris!!!! :D

I love the Championship, never have I seen Newcastle win so many times. I actually enjoy visiting nufc.co.uk now :)

One of those days for United, when all fortunes went against them. Anyways nice to see Chelsea draw against Everton.

Some rumours thats the Chinese are close to a 1bn pounds takeover of United. :eek: Hoping news is true. :D

Their source is the News of the World. Can't be too reliant on that one.

That was bullshit! The only benefit of staying up to 5am, was I made some cool stuff on Visualbasic.net whilst waiting for the game to start :D:D

Title is out of question for Liverpool for sure, but now I am seriously started to doubt when they will even qualify for Europe next season. They have been just rubbish this season and loss of Xabi Alonso could have such an impact is just unbelievable. :doh

I don't think the loss of Alonso is solely responsible. He is a great player no doubt but I dont think he would have made that much be making that massive a difference that they would be fighting for the title rather than struggling for a European spot.

Liverpool have underperformed this season. It happens. They had a pretty good season last year and have been unable to replicate that this season.

Huzzah Villa!

And how did Birmingham sneak up to 6th? I could've sworn they were lingering near the bottom not so long ago

Another less than convincing performance from Chelski. They're well and truly in their sticky patch now. What a awful tackle by the Pompey defender - were it not for that, it would've been a well earned draw for Portsmouth (and we'd only be one point behind). Still, as I said - Chelsea are looking shaky now and other than the defeat to Villa, Utd are coming on strong. Watch out in the New Year Chelsea, that's when we'll blow right past you.

MasterBlaster76 added 3 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Their source is the News of the World. Can't be too reliant on that one.

True enough - NoTW isn't exactly a reputable paper for telling the truth. Still, it would make sense for someone to take us over. Sure, they'd have to clear the debt first, but the money that would then be made would more than make up for it. If Utd are this good without the sort of money Chelski and City have, how good will we be with it? Also, it'd shut those City fans up good and proper!

I mean, I'd rather we were owned by British people, but if it's a choice between being left behind or taken over by the Chinese or whoever, I know what I'd choose.

One of those days for United, when all fortunes went against them. Anyways nice to see Chelsea draw against Everton.

Some rumours thats the Chinese are close to a 1bn pounds takeover of United. :eek: Hoping news is true. :D

I'd rather something like that happens than we're permanently chained to this debt thanks to the Window Glaziers.

We've got West Ham and Birmingham City up next so they'll be easy wins. But after that the presence of Drogba is really going to be missed unless we find a replacement. Borini look good near the end but Kalou was completely hopeless.

We've got West Ham and Birmingham City up next so they'll be easy wins. But after that the presence of Drogba is really going to be missed unless we find a replacement. Borini look good near the end but Kalou was completely hopeless.

Kalou will also be going for the ACoN I think. Luckily for Chelsea, all the games in Jan are pretty easy. But then Portsmouth should have been easy as well, so you never know. But it?s the right time for the likes of Borini to shine and the responsibility on Anelka will increase once again in the absence of Didier Drogba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread