English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, was watching Accrington vs Newcastle...

Accrington fans <3 Drums, flags.. awesome chants. I love it! Don't want to compare, but it reminded me of watching a Sydney game and listening to the cove. Very similar songs. Only problem I had was the flare they let off :/

Its all happening at anfield now :banana2
Mascherano to Nou Camp for 17.2 mil euros by sunday
Raul Meireles set to undergo medical at melwood (Liverpool's training complex) for a fee of 10.7 mil euros
Konchesky for 4 mil euros by sunday
and Gary Medel (Chilean midfielder) to complete loan move this week

Lauri Dalla valle and kacanckilis-two of the reserve players of liverpool will move to craven cottage as part of konchesky deal

Raul Meireles set to undergo medical at melwood (Liverpool's training complex) for a fee of 10.7 mil euros

Lauri Dalla valle and kacanckilis-two of the reserve players of liverpool will move to craven cottage as part of konchesky deal

All sounds good apart from Dalla Valle out... D:

Good that they signed Meireles.Looks to be a fine player.Not really impressed with the decision to sell two really promising young prospects though.Hopefully its only a loan move.I'll love it if Medel makes it here.Looks like a like for like replacement for Mascherano.I would like someone like Toivonen to come in too,but I really doubt if we have the money to complete these signings.

^ Toivonen has already said no to Liverpool and moreover with only 2 more days for the transfer window to close , Liverpool have got to get a striker from somewhere :(

^ Toivonen has already said no to Liverpool and moreover with only 2 more days for the transfer window to close , Liverpool have got to get a striker from somewhere :(

Torres? Ngog (Or should I say Ngoals)? Kuyt? Jovanovic? Babel? Pacheco?

Or we could always play one striker and one just behind the striker, where we have Cole, Gerrard and Rodriquez as options for that role as well as the last four I listed above.

by a striker , i mean one champion striker like torres who can win any match any time.
Kuyt is a permanent Right winger, Jovanovic will be at left and N'Gog is bullshit though he is our top scorer. pacheco always comes late with babel :facepalm

Well if Medel comes in then I guess Liverpool will have three guys to replace Mascherano - Poulsen, Raul Meireles and Medel and even Lucas is there.

Nice win for United and glad to see Rooney, Nani and Berba. There is something new about Berbatov since he retired from Bulgaria. He looks like working harder and he is enjoying the fruit of his hardwork.

^ If Medel comes, its a direct implication that Lucas will leave Anfield but the move looks unlikely .

BTW saw Meireles and konchesky watching the reds play WBA from the spectators arena at Anfield. Cant wait to see them in action wearing a red kit

Haarithan added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Why would you have two world class forwards if you're only going to play one?

Its just to cover up for Torres who rarely plays 4 matches in succession . I just can't watch that N'Gog play whenever torres is ruled out . Horrible talent from PSG :facepalm

Last edited:
^ If Medel comes, its a direct implication that Lucas will leave Anfield but the move looks unlikely .

BTW saw Meireles and konchesky watching the reds play WBA from the spectators arena at Anfield. Cant wait to see them in action wearing a red kit

Haarithan added 1 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Its just to cover up for Torres who rarely plays 4 matches in succession . I just can't watch that N'Gog play whenever torres is ruled out . Horrible talent from PSG :facepalm

You need a balance. If you have 2 world class forwards, they'll both want to start. And Torres is a sure starter so the other guy will get pissed. I think N'gog and Babel can do adequate jobs when required, but Gerrard really needs to start pulling his weight. He is THE GUY of the team, and so far his creating has been poor and Liverpool really lacked that creative spark against West Brom today.

^ Hodgson is desperately wanting to add an other striker because most of the times torres gets injured and n'gog gets to play which he himself feels uncomfortable with.
They are linked with a 10 mil cash + Ryan Babel move for Carlton Cole which i think would be a devastating deal for liverpool. Other british papers state that Fernando Llorente of Athletic Bilbao and Andrea Caracciolo of Palermo, both 6'5" tall are linked with the reds as well.
But i guess hodgson is running out of time .
From my personal point of view,Llorente would be a magnificent addition to the squad given his strike partner is of the same nation

Well if Medel comes in then I guess Liverpool will have three guys to replace Mascherano - Poulsen, Raul Meireles and Medel and even Lucas is there.

Nice win for United and glad to see Rooney, Nani and Berba. There is something new about Berbatov since he retired from Bulgaria. He looks like working harder and he is enjoying the fruit of his hardwork.

Yes: he's beginning to play as he did at Spurs - if Rooney can fire as he did last year, that's bad news for everyone else. Also, Utd are still sniffing around Rodwell: ?10m + Carrick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread