English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool Manager Appeals Against Cole's Red Card. He Says Officials To See The Video Again And Then Confirm The Red Card.

That's the point. If it weren't for Reina, you would have won. A draw maybe be a fair result to some people but I think Liverpool should win it because they showed resilient in the second half and could have easily more than one.

If it weren't for Reina, we would of lost tbh.

Liverpool Manager Appeals Against Cole's Red Card. He Says Officials To See The Video Again And Then Confirm The Red Card.

Umm.. no he's not, he is happy with the red card and won't appeal. Do you want to stop spamming the forums up?

Arsenal was lucky against Liverpool. Arsenal badly need some fire in their attack. There were too many passes with no end product in the final third. Same old problem, I guess. Chamck impressed me I hope he continues like that and not be complete flop or injuries prone. I like Almunia but Arsenal still need a world class keeper.

Ollie_H said:
Umm.. no he's not, he is happy with the red card and won't appeal. Do you want to stop spamming the forums up?

Lol I love how aggressive you are :p.

To be fair to both sides, nobody deserved a win. Liverpool scored a good goal but I thought that Vermaelen was being a bit too casual when going for the ball. Then Arsenal dominated possession but didn't make it count for anything. It's the same problem all over again. They need to break down defences.

Went to Old Trafford yesterday. The atmosphere was great. Could've easily been about 5 or 6, with a hattrick for Berbatov. Scholes once again was brilliant. Hernandez looks a quality player - reminds me of a young Owen. He's got great pace, anticipates balls well, great composure and has a great shot on him.

Where was your seats Mani? Sounded like you had a good time :)

I really can't wait to get over to England and see some live english football (It'll probably be in like 15 years though)

Where was your seats Mani? Sounded like you had a good time :)

I really can't wait to get over to England and see some live english football (It'll probably be in like 15 years though)
We were in the North West quadrant which is pretty much the only seats you'd get at Old Trafford. They were quite high up, and it felt really weird when we first went in. But then when other people arrived it was good, and the view was great. I'll post up some pics once they've uploaded.

Only way to get **** done.
I can't imagine what you're like in the Cricket 07 boards. :p

Forget Man Utd, forget Chelsea, even forget Man City - if Maradona goes to Villa, I reckon they'll become the most disliked club in England.

Looking @ the performances of English players today:

- Scholes continues to be beauty. Certainly isn't playing like a 35 year old, running the mid-field Xavi/Pirlo style. So wish ENG could have him in the midfield still..

- Caroll was impressive. Keeps it up, he has a good chance of being involved in the first EURO 2012 qualifiers.

- Harper looked fairly decent although he conceeded 3 goals. Has a good chance of being the # 2 to Joe Hart for England.

Yes - I believe we had Sven to thank for the beginning of the end of Scholes' England career - or it could've been McDonut; either way, one of them left him out for a long time. If Scholsey wanted to play for England, he'd walk into the squad. There is no-one there with his passing, composure on the ball and vision.

Great start for Utd - could easily have been five or six, and two in two for Berbatov as well - maybe this could finally be his year. Rooney still looks way short though, but I'm sure we'll see the real Rooney sooner or later. Now bring on Fulham!

Yep Berbatov missed a few chances, Rooney is still off form and it's only the first game of the season, and it was 3-0. Great signs so far.

Forget Man Utd, forget Chelsea, even forget Man City - if Maradona goes to Villa, I reckon they'll become the most disliked club in England.

For the league it would be brilliant for him to be there. He'd be like a pantomime "Villain" and the booing would be immense.

For Villa though it would an awful move. He looks like an atrocious manager.

Yes - I believe we had Sven to thank for the beginning of the end of Scholes' England career - or it could've been McDonut; either way, one of them left him out for a long time. If Scholsey wanted to play for England, he'd walk into the squad. There is no-one there with his passing, composure on the ball and vision.

Sven it is. He retired after Euro 04, after frustration consistently being played out of position on the left during that tournament & the EURO 04 qualifiers.

Since at the time Lampard & Gerrard where breaking out as the young hot mid-fielders & Scholsey was sort of taken for granted as the veteran of the side by Sven.

That was one of Sven biggest mistakes, he always tried to play all the stars together. Never wanted to drop anyone of them for sensible tactical reasons. :facepalm

Last edited:
Sven it is. He retired after Euro 04, after frustration consistently being played out of position on the left during that tournament & the EURO 04 qualifiers.

Since at the time Lampard & Gerrard where breaking out as the young hot mid-fielders & Scholsey was sort of taken for granted as the veteran of the side by Sven.

That was one of Sven biggest mistakes, he always tried to play all the stars together. Never wanted to drop anyone of them for sensible tactical reasons. :facepalm

Thanks Sven - nice one. :facepalm

Annoying result today, but Fulham deserved a draw out of that. It's just so infuriating when the team can't just keep the ball for a while, instead of allowing the other lot to charge down the other end and put us under pressure. Fulham should've had a penalty, that's for sure - but neither our penalty, nor the handball Fulham tried to claim shortly afterwards were penalties.

I reckon Chelsea would've had just as tough a time against Fulham, they're certainly not going to be the pushover some people thought they'd be. What happened to Rooney by the way - I didn't hear about any injury. It was another pleasing performance by Berbatov though and what else needs to be said about Scholes' goal?

So, two points behind the freescoring Blues already - I actually had a little wager on Chelsea. I fully expected them to score a hatful against Wigan, so I went for a 5-0 scoreline at 20-1 (I'm not any kind of gambler, so I just put ?1 on it). And I was around 1 minute from being spot on! My mate, who went for three scorelines of 5-0, 6-0 and 7-0 scooped ?82 from a ?2 bet!!

Damn Benayoun cost me ?20, but I wouldn't begrudge my oldest friend ?82.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread