English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. Our players definately need to trained out of that horrible mentally thats existed for decades now.

I'd say its worth the gamble pushing Rodwell, Germany backed Khederia & look where he is now. Got to back the youngsters..

Frimpong technically is still an unknown since he wants to play for Ghana one day ATM, so he still needs to be convinced to switch to us.

I agree with all of that - but it will take ages to train them out of that particular mentality. :facepalm

Chelsea absolutely annihilate West Brom. The first two goals were very sloppy ways to concede, and the goal from the corner was easily stoppable, but let's not take anything away from Chelsea here. They controlled the game from start to finish and still show a ruthless instinct in front of goal. Drogba starts the season off with a hattrick as well. This is going to be a fantastic season of football. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal all of the teams to win the league. Now that Chelsea have signed Benayoun, I think the Chelsea-Man Utd games are going to be classics in terms of two managers going head to head tactically.

Chelsea absolutely annihilate West Brom. The first two goals were very sloppy ways to concede, and the goal from the corner was easily stoppable, but let's not take anything away from Chelsea here. They controlled the game from start to finish and still show a ruthless instinct in front of goal. Drogba starts the season off with a hattrick as well. This is going to be a fantastic season of football. Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal all of the teams to win the league. Now that Chelsea have signed Benayoun, I think the Chelsea-Man Utd games are going to be classics in terms of two managers going head to head tactically.

That doesn't suprise me at all - Chelsea will recover from their dodgy pre season form now - what we needed is for them to have a tough first game so the rot can really set in. Oh well, never mind - I believer we had the measure of them last year and the same is true this year as well. :)

Now bring on Newcastle!

Yeah I think last year Fergie got it spot on, especially in the first game vs Chelsea, and was just very unlucky. With injuries and players going horribly out of form, luck wasn't really on our side.

But like you said, bring on Newcastle. I'm going to see it as well, my first Man Utd game! :D

Yeah I think last year Fergie got it spot on, especially in the first game vs Chelsea, and was just very unlucky. With injuries and players going horribly out of form, luck wasn't really on our side.

But like you said, bring on Newcastle. I'm going to see it as well, my first Man Utd game! :D

Hey, hey! Have fun! :D

Edit: It wasn't just injuries/out of form players that cost us against Chelsea last year... ;)

What a performance from Villa. Albrighton was brilliant, as were Young and Milner. Total and utter destruction. They were just toying with Wet Ham by the end of it.

West Ham were terrible though. I think they want to get relegated...

West Ham were terrible though. I think they want to get relegated...

They were in control for the first 15-20 minutes of the first half, dominating possession and creating more chances than Villa, but couldn't put any of them away, even the easier ones (i.e. Faubert's shocking miss).

That would be hilarious, having Maradona at Villa. Then again, it's not my club that'll be destroyed :p

I agree with all of that - but it will take ages to train them out of that particular mentality. :facepalm

I think its possible for us to play fairly good passing football even with a target-man. As you will remember in WCQ even with Heseky leading the line, i dont recall us banging the upfield hopeless to him. We played some delightful passing football.

lol at Joe Cole yesterday against Arsenal. I love the way Walcott put his efforts. Bad luck for Reina though! You can't appreciate him but you also can't criticize him:p.

It seems that Reina read Almunia/Fabianski's Goalkeeping Textbook rather than his own book. Liverpool should have won on Sunday. Nonetheless, at least both only gain a point. :laugh

Looking @ the performances of English players today:

- Scholes continues to be beauty. Certainly isn't playing like a 35 year old, running the mid-field Xavi/Pirlo style. So wish ENG could have him in the midfield still..

- Caroll was impressive. Keeps it up, he has a good chance of being involved in the first EURO 2012 qualifiers.

- Harper looked fairly decent although he conceeded 3 goals. Has a good chance of being the # 2 to Joe Hart for England.

It seems that Reina read Almunia/Fabianski's Goalkeeping Textbook rather than his own book. Liverpool should have won on Sunday. Nonetheless, at least both only gain a point. :laugh

When we went down to 10 men we shouldn't of won. I'm very happy with a draw. Great effort from the boys.

When we went down to 10 men we shouldn't of won. I'm very happy with a draw. Great effort from the boys.

That's the point. If it weren't for Reina, you would have won. A draw maybe be a fair result to some people but I think Liverpool should win it because they showed resilient in the second half and could have easily more than one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread