English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things just couldn't get any worse! Already without Lampard and Essien, now both Terry and Alex are sidelined for some time. :facepalm So that leaves us with Ivanovic and Bruma as the centre backs. The fact that we sold Carvalho and bought no one to replace him is a disaster! I hope Ancelotti has learned his lesson and doesn't play Ferreira at centre back again. He was like a headless chicken against Sunderland. Pair both Bruma and Ivanovic even if the former is still inexperience.

J-Psychic added 3 Minutes and 39 Seconds later...

On the Glazers playing off the debt, I'm wondering where the money comes from.

They're probably getting another loan to pay off that loan. Just go away, you stupid idiots. :mad

Edit:

England: rubbish. Just goes to show - we might qualify from our group, but as soon as we come up against someone with something about them, the wheels will come off. So glad I didn't go to that game, ?5 or no ?5.

How were England? Wasn't in to watch it but to be perfectly honest 2-1 with the team England had out is a pretty good result.

England were absolutely disgusting in the first half to be honest ,France thoroughly deserved this win . To me Andy caroll was their best player really - provided perfect lay offs , controlled the ball beautifully and also played a perfect ball game. And coming to the point why i hate international friendlies- seems that both gerrard and kuyt have been ruled out for the next couple of weeks , the former with a hamstring while kuyt aggravating an ankle injury against turkey. Just cant believe that Liverpool's misfortunes still seem to continue . :(

How were England? Wasn't in to watch it but to be perfectly honest 2-1 with the team England had out is a pretty good result.

Weird game really.

ENG played poorly in the 1st half. The usual slow build with useless long balls up the Caroll (who was isolated up front).

Improved the tempo in the second half & had a few chances. But to me that was because France took of Malouda & Nasir played on the right, since he started centrally.

Overall the problem from this game really shows ENG need to sort out the mid-field engine. Only Gerrard is good ATM centrally, while Barry since the world cup really looks wayyyy below par as a defensive mid-fielder. Unless we sort of the mid-field balance, teams will always dictate the game to us. We have missed Hargreaves so much in the last 2-3 years.

Really not sure what ENGs best formation & XI could be with everyone fit & i dont think Capello does either.

That side without Barry in would have contained the French. He provided no protection to our back four, allowing them to run at us.

Maybe they were tipped off by Haye that Harrison would go down in the third and the money their using to pay off these debts will be from their winnings.

Gareth Barry is the worst player to have 40+ caps. In fact, the worst player to have over 3 caps. Discuss.

I'm quoting what L'Equipe said about him here but "what exactly does he do?"

He really does not offer anything to the side.

Maybe they were tipped off by Haye that Harrison would go down in the third and the money their using to pay off these debts will be from their winnings.

Gareth Barry is the worst player to have 40+ caps. In fact, the worst player to have over 3 caps. Discuss.

Dr.Pepper said:
I'm quoting what L'Equipe said about him here but "what exactly does he do?"

He really does not offer anything to the side.

To be fair to Barry, its only since the WC has he been awful.

He certainly during EURO 08 & WC 2010 QC did a very solid job as defensive mid-fielder. But he has lost it since the WC for ENG.

However he doesn't look poor @ City next to Yaya Toure & De Jong. Thats why i have a sneaky feeling he could work well for ENG if we had Hargreaves playing with next to him in a 4-2-3-1 formation or something..

However he doesn't look poor @ City next to Yaya Toure & De Jong. Thats why i have a sneaky feeling he could work well for ENG if we had Hargreaves playing with next to him in a 4-2-3-1 formation or something..

Lol you forgot Boateng. He has already been dubbed by many pundits as one of the worst signings in this year's BPL

He doesn't look poor at City because all City players, bar Tevez, look poor. He fits in that department.

Also, with 2 other defensive midfielders it takes the focus off you. When Barry's asked to stand out in a team, he's exposed for what he is. A one footed shite passer, who struggles to mark, track and tackle players. Lacks pace, has no vision, fight or heading ability. Phil Neville is a better player.

Gutted. Absolutely gutted! How on earth we did not come away from St. Andrews with at least a point really baffles me. We had about 30 shots compare to Birmingham's 3 and their only shot on target was the goal! :facepalm

I cannot complain anything about the performance as it was ten times better than last week. We created so many chances but taken none of them with Kalou being the main culprit from what I've seen. He really drives me nuts whenever he gets himself into goal scoring situation. There was slightly more creativity with Malouda dropping back to midfield but if either Essien or Lampard or even both were playing, things could have been different.

All in all, we dominated the entire game and should have gotten all 3 points if not at least 1 point. But credit to Birmingham for their brilliant defending and taking the chance when it was presented after a poor defending from us.

3 defeats in 4 games is a worrying sign. Not pressing the panic button just yet but we really need to get Lampard and Essien back and start winning games again to get our confidence back and get through the crazy fixtures in December.

On the club's decision to appoint Michael Emenalo as Ancelotti's number is really depressing. Sacking Ray Wilkins was bad enough but to appoint the club's chief scout the replace Wilkins? :facepalm

Last edited:
Lol you forgot Boateng. He has already been dubbed by many pundits as one of the worst signings in this year's BPL

Ha who are those pundits?. No way has Boateng been that bad this season. The man has hardly played much even.

War added 4 Minutes and 18 Seconds later...

He doesn't look poor at City because all City players, bar Tevez, look poor. He fits in that department.

Also, with 2 other defensive midfielders it takes the focus off you. When Barry's asked to stand out in a team, he's exposed for what he is. A one footed shite passer, who struggles to mark, track and tackle players. Lacks pace, has no vision, fight or heading ability. Phil Neville is a better player.

Do be so harsh on City. They have been inconsistent this season just as much as United & Chelsea. But the times they have played as team, its a powerful team.

But yes bolded is Barry's problem, the focus is off him @ City. Thats why i as i said i have a sneaky feeling if Hargreaves where available for ENG he could work well.

I think Capello has to SERIOUSLY consider picking Scott Parker to play the defensive mid-field role in our next international.

They have been inconsistent this season just as much as United & Chelsea.

Piss right off have they been 'just as inconsistent' as Man United and Chelsea. Chelsea have only suffered in their last two games, where as Manchester United still haven't been beaten all season. I'm sure that says something about their consistency levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread