English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters
Aah well you have got a point there. But he is still too far to be considered as one of the best, he needs a good season this year to prove so.

Wait, he's good but he needs to prove himself?

----------

I think Joe Cole might still be of use to England now he's back playing regularly in the Premiership.

I doubt whether Roy would look at him, and he ain't the same player he was at Lille.

He needs to perform extremely well and also need a bit of luck, like Lambert.

I saw Ross Barkley in the flesh at our game against Everton on Saturday and I can say right now that he is going to be a star. Awesome talent, and just 19. English too!

I saw Ross Barkley in the flesh at our game against Everton on Saturday and I can say right now that he is going to be a star. Awesome talent, and just 19. English too!

Yep - English and with good technique as well according to the MoTD guys. A rarity these days. ;)

Hart made a mess of that corner, a beauty from Whittingham though.

Cardiff covered Dzeko and ageuro nicely, job well done there. City lacked composure, one touch passing inside the final third against a newly promoted team wouldn't get them results, they'll always have players behind the ball.

Pellegrini seems to bring in shades of his 4-2-2-2, using Dzeko as a target man to work through a quick (by)pass to Aguero, worked well in their Newcastle rout but it's easy to counter if they do it every time. Just like today. Cardiff didn't man mark and City became desperate after the equalizer. Kim was commendable, he ran through City's defence and found spaces every now and then, and eventually leading up to the equalizer.

Always nice to see an ex-united player score, but Hart was rash, wonder if some time on the bench would help him a bit, he palmed away a simple ball in the first half and didn't go too well from there. Second goal was a disaster.

Well, that was a load of rubbish. First off, a family member threw a strop so I was unable to watch the match on the Sky box, leaving me with Sky Go which stuttered and buffered all bloody night. And then to cap it all the match was the proverbial 0-0 bore draw.

Still, Rooney's performance was one good thing; that passage of play where he raced back to his own defensive area to tackle the Chelsea attacker, and then set up an attack for us typifies what Rooney is all about. We absolutely must not sell him to Chelsea.

Welbeck:. He worked hard but he lost the ball in a dangerous place, flipped away a simple header, blasted a shot from close range, got caught offside from a corner rebound and did a one-two with Evra when he could've shot. Glad moyes was in his senses when he subbed him off.

Evra was surprisingly the best man on the wing, and my MVP. He rushed forward and caused chelsea trouble. If there was a proper winger on the left or Kagawa, we might've got a result.

Rooney and De gea were great, so was RVP. Wazza's got this peculiar vision to spot out a pass in a closed down situation, ran well yesterday. I hope He stays, I'd be happy to see if that happens as a new signing.

Chicharito is clearly missed.

Oh another ex-Liverpool player in the media offering his views. We definitely don't have enough of them.
On another note played 3 and won 0. Seem to be playing quite well but still. :(

Users who are viewing this thread