English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters
Well that was a load of rubbish from us. Terrible defending for the goal, none of our big players really turned up and we made very sloppy mistakes throughout the team. Liverpool were the better team and thoroughly deserved their victory.

Shame RvP didn't square the ball instead of shooting, as we would've had a tap-in and Rooney's absence highlighted how important he is to our team.

Sturridge looked great; hope he can play like that for England. And what the hell has happened to Zaha? Why wasn't he on the bench - he's just the sort of player we needed to bring on today.

----------

I've been saying that for more than a year now.

Sturridge looked great; hope he can play like that for England. And what the hell has happened to Zaha? Why wasn't he on the bench - he's just the sort of player we needed to bring on today.

Moyes in his post match pressers has apparently said Kagawa was fit. Yet he didn't even make the bench. I would question Shinji's absence more, mate..

Moyes in his post match pressers has apparently said Kagawa was fit. Yet he didn't even make the bench. I would question Shinji's absence more, mate..

Really? I didn't know that - I didn't see the post match conference. That does sound very strange.

This. The only plausible reason is that maybe Moyes is giving Kagawa a breather for a crucial role this season, and he'll play later with a new signing in a bit like how Honda and him play for Japan.

Meh, that seems like a load of rubbish.

Spurs are poor even with signings.But might I say when Lamela came on,Spurs were too damn good! But still our derby win.Flamini was the perfect 'Arteta' IMO.

You need a new striker. Kone isn't going to get you 15+ goals and Jelavic has become quite the polar opposite to what he once was, when he initially signed for your lot.

Wow, you try so hard...

I have absolutely no idea as to what that's even supposed to mean. Or is it just you being the ------ you always were, making a meal out of absolutely nothing?

Very happy with the start to the season as a Cardiffian.

I would maybe have hoped for 1 point from 9, but instead we have 4 after the miraculous victory v Manchester City last weekend. Superb.

I watched the Everton game online and although Everton had a large majority of the possession, our defensive work was once again out of this world as we restricted the number of shots on goal and possibly should have nicked the game through Craig Bellamy's one-on-one.

Nevertheless to get 4pts at home v 2 of last year's Top 6 is a great effort and I hope we manage to get to 40+ points before the last day of the season!! :)

Very happy with the start to the season as a Cardiffian.

I would maybe have hoped for 1 point from 9, but instead we have 4 after the miraculous victory v Manchester City last weekend. Superb.

I watched the Everton game online and although Everton had a large majority of the possession, our defensive work was once again out of this world as we restricted the number of shots on goal and possibly should have nicked the game through Craig Bellamy's one-on-one.

Nevertheless to get 4pts at home v 2 of last year's Top 6 is a great effort and I hope we manage to get to 40+ points before the last day of the season!! :)

Ha ha, I bet you are mate. :D:D

Great day for us. We win, City draw and Chelsea lose. After today our start doesn't look so bad in comparison to our competitors (Liverpool are not among them - they've started well, but they'll fall away and Ozil or no Ozil I can't see Arsenal maintaining a season long challenge).

Great to see Rooney back on the scoresheet as well.

Great day for us. We win, City draw and Chelsea lose. After today our start doesn't look so bad in comparison to our competitors (Liverpool are not among them - they've started well, but they'll fall away and Ozil or no Ozil I can't see Arsenal maintaining a season long challenge).

Great to see Rooney back on the scoresheet as well.

You were awful, against a good team you would have been punished. You were lucky that every time Jedinak picked up the ball he passed it straight back to your lot. Also that was not a penalty and in no world was it a red card, ridiculous decision and of course once that happened you were going to dominate the game.

Your side is devoid of creativity, it'll be a problem against top half sides.

Mind you I think City are in a worse place right now than you guys.

Users who are viewing this thread