English Football Thread 2013/14

Who will win the Premiership?

• Total voters
blog_baines1_hdr.gif

blog_baines2_hdr.gif

i think i'm in love

That free kick ability from Baines is probably why he should be England # 1 left-back Cole, despite Ash's great experience.

not sure. england have the likes of gerrard, lampard and rooney who can all score free-kicks. it should come down to ability as left backs alone between them

not sure. england have the likes of gerrard, lampard and rooney who can all score free-kicks. it should come down to ability as left backs alone between them

Baines being left-footed obviously in certain situations on the field & corner kicks would give another option among the free-kick takers ENG have though.

Baines being left-footed obviously in certain situations on the field & corner kicks would give another option among the free-kick takers ENG have though.

true, i don't think there is much between them really.

Got to laugh at Chelsea. This morning it was their worst start in the league for 10 years and this evening they're top...
Also at the fact their striker have a grand combined total of 1 goal this season.

Loving the Baines. So glad we kept Utd's dirty mitts off him.

Chelsea's new tactics are pretty slow & I don't know why I feel that,they never looked like really threatening in the goals they scored.Why does he(Mou) bench Mata? Sorry,not even on the bench vs Fulham.Mou said he hasn't impressed me?
I'm starting to doubt Mou coming back to Chelsea.

true, i don't think there is much between them really.

Ye there isn't, basically at international i reckon Cole has the edge because he has the experience at C-League at big matches.

But you will never know how good Baines could be in a big match if you play.

Loving how Barkley is playing for Everton right now as well.

Chelsea's new tactics are pretty slow & I don't know why I feel that,they never looked like really threatening in the goals they scored.Why does he(Mou) bench Mata? Sorry,not even on the bench vs Fulham.Mou said he hasn't impressed me?
I'm starting to doubt Mou coming back to Chelsea.

This x 1000.

The media typically go crazy over this sort of thing, and it has suddenly transformed 3rd place Chelsea who barely finished ahead of Arsenal and Tottenham into title favourites. In addition Hazard is looking so bad, yet Mourinho praises him while keeping Mata out of the squad? I don't get it. Is he trying to prove a point? It isn't like Mata is an Ibra who thinks he is bigger than the club. Mourinho is the worst manager there is for a squad that should play attacking football like this squad, Benitez is far better. This squad is built for Pep. IMO Mourinho is a pretty bad manager. His teams play boring as hell football and without significant investment they struggle to meet expectations. Even with investment, they struggle, like we saw at Real Madrid and now with Chelsea.

Honestly starting to think Man Utd will win the title this year. Chelsea are looking so poor, I'll go out on a limb and say that the winner of the Manchester derby will probably win the title. It'll silence the critics and get the confidence they need back in the side. Especially in Man City's case.

Normal service resumed for our boys yesterday. :)

Playing four centre halves at the back, and starting Aspas behind Sturridge given the former's played hide n seek over our last 3 league outings? Why did BR sign Luis Alberto? For 8ME? And not Eriksen, who was available for only 11MP? Also why did he loan out Suso, given he was our only other creative AM barring the injured Coutinho?

And what happened to his "tiki taka" style of play and ball retention? Why are we suddenly playing counter attacking football? Gerrard - Lucas double pivot clearly not working either - we've conceded the most shots in the PL - blame this midfield duo getting overrun with ease. And were it not for my new love Mignolet, we'd have been battered 3-0.

Liverpool are yet to score a second half goal this season, in case any of you didn't know. BR talks so much about mentality and character, yet I haven't seen his Liverpool side score an injury time winner, ever. Tactically a very limited manager and absolutely doesn't have a plan B when things aren't going his way in a game.

[/rant]

Iago Aspas has to be one of the worst signings in recent years, he's so bad and Liverpool paid money for him. Alberto doesn't make much sense either. Suarez back next game though so he can replace Aspas, no doubt he'll be lacking match fitness though. Was he allowed to play for the reserves?

Suso on the other hand is proving to be a good player for Almeria. I agree it was an odd decision. Sterling or Albertoshould've been loaned out instead IMO if anyone.

With Spurs' creativity issues seemingly sorted by the signing of Eriksen, I think Spurs should still finish ahead of Liverpool this season. Will be interesting to see if Eriksen can do it for a third time, no doubt he will be found out soon though and marked out of the game, not sure he's good enough to combat that and still do the job. Lamela should make his first start as well.

Ah OK probably banned from the reserves then.

Despite Rodgers' comments I seriously doubt his fitness is up to the standard of the other players. It was pretty good in pre-season but expect him to only play 60 odd minutes if he starts.

Yeah, read the entire article. BR does say he's nowhere near to being 100% match fit, albeit looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread