English Premier League VIII | Round 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mentioned it clearly in the PM to avoid spending more than 4-4.5 Mil on the local players.
If you got a bit greedy,its your problem.

Since that rule got instant thumbs down from a lot of the team owners and managers,i didn't make it official.

Well clearly some of the base price was just to high on some players. Now if persons wanted a particular player it is hard to say don't go for them regardless of the high cost. I have said it before, no player should have had a base as high as 500K

Things like this always happen here.
Its not possible to please everyone.
If the base prices are high,they'll be high for everyone.

Things like this always happen here.
Its not possible to please everyone.
If the base prices are high,they'll be high for everyone.

I agree, but in the same breath you cannot say that persons should not spend above 4 or 5 mil for a players that they need, everyone is trying to put the best team forward and that cost plenty. Hey I can double what the budget is but again not everyone has the few vCash that I have, so that would not be fair. Imagine my team manager bidding against me for a player:D

Tell me what was the highest based price for the DOM???

Morgan for 900k it was.

Wow!!! Now what am saying is that this guy is new to international cricket, played a few 20/20 he does not even have 50 ODIs under his belt a price tag like this was just too much, no one should have been above 500K!!
Maybe what can be done now is to create a supplementary budget of say 3 million, I think I could raised that:sarcasm

Tbh Morgan was gonna go over a million imo, I wouldnt have minded taking him at a million.

The base prices for certain random players was too high. The worst player shouldnt have had more than 100k.

Lol Akshay.
TBH I don't see how you can be angry, surely you would of known that spending 80% of your budget on only half the auction would have some negative effect on you, or not?
It is a legitimate tactic to do what you did, but at the same time you're going to hit some speed bumps that you don't like because of how you've played the auction.
I wouldn't be surprised if you go on to win it, but I think you just have to think from other peoples perspective as only 1 out of 10 people done what you did, so there are some things that are going to go against you.

Yes the base prices were probably too high, and I think we've all agreed on that.
I only brought two out of nine of my players at more than base price, yet somehow I've spent over 4 million.
The only way to really keep under it was buying real junk players at $150,000 which there were only a few of, or do what Chewie did and buy no great local players.

CG123 added 5 Minutes and 10 Seconds later...

As far as I know hedger is back on the 10th, and it's the 7th now.
And since the DOM auction is yet to finish, it would be good if you could delay the INT auction by one or two days. ;)

Well by the looks of how that Finn auction is going we could be here for another year.
For four days straight the max bid raise has been 25k!

I agree with Callum's post. Morgan having a base price at 900k was perfectly justified, but I think that some of the randoms should have had lower ones.

I think that in the international auction, players will have base prices of 50k, which should allow Akshay and Riz to get some half decent internationals.

Yeah, I don't mind massive base prices on the best players, as the bidding will go up to there anyway, it's just the randoms needed to have smaller base prices.

Look at the stress you are all putting Lalit under!

116442.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread