Espana win Euro 2008!!

Who will win it?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not sure about that, we've been poor in the major tournaments for a while really, maybe since 96.

98- knocked out in quarters
00- awful in euros
02- Not great again
04- Victories against average sides
06- Nothing needs to be said

Why Portugal, Dean?

Fair enough, but a decent referee would've seen us past Argentina and then anything can happen in the semis, as everyone knows.

As for 2000, we had Keegan as manager, what did you expect? We should've beaten Portugal though.

2004, again we could've had that one, the way Holland were playing I think we'd have beaten them and then Greece in the final, well I reckon England would've been the more hungry team.

2006, no spark until the Portugal game and then, once again, we had no luck. If Lennon had played from the start, who knows. Once he came on, Portugal were terrified, they had no answer...

(What the hell has happened to him since????) :noway

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Fair enough, but a decent referee would've seen us past Argentina and then anything can happen in the semis, as everyone knows.

As for 2000, we had Keegan as manager, what did you expect? We should've beaten Portugal though.

2004, again we could've had that one, the way Holland were playing I think we'd have beaten them and then Greece in the final, well I reckon England would've been the more hungry team.

2006, no spark until the Portugal game and then, once again, we had no luck. If Lennon had played from the start, who knows. Once he came on, Portugal were terrified, they had no answer...

(What the hell has happened to him since????) :noway

In my opinion thats a case of too many ifs and buts. You got to win those QFs and group games first before thinking about what could you have done in the semis and finals.

Otherwise I think Spain would have definitely reached the final of World Cup 2002 as they were the second best team only to Brazil. And in 2006, Spain were probably as impressive as they were in the Euros, but one screw up by Puyol cost the team a goal, and eventually the match. But really you cant always live on probability.

cric_craze

Club Cricketer
In my opinion thats a case of too many ifs and buts. You got to win those QFs and group games first before thinking about what could you have done in the semis and finals.

Otherwise I think Spain would have definitely reached the final of World Cup 2002 as they were the second best team only to Brazil. And in 2006, Spain were probably as impressive as they were in the Euros, but one screw up by Puyol cost the team a goal, and eventually the match. But really you cant always live on probability.

cudnt agree more

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
So have a lot more teams. If anyone saw how South Korea went to the semi-finals of the 2002 World Cup by screwing and robbing Italy and Spain, will know what I am saying.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
How many teams have had a clear handball goal allowed against them as well as having the same player have two crucial goals disallowed, not to mention the fact that there was nothing wrong with either goal?

Users who are viewing this thread