Story |Ethos BLIC07 Sri Lankan Story|

etho11

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Results of Game 1 will be posted tonight hopefully but not 100% confident as i have the Cricket to watch.

etho11

International Cricketer
As Mahela Jayawardene and Tom Moody face the press for the last time before there match against Bermuda they are hounded with questions about the fitness of Sanath Jayasuriya.

73784677ef3.jpg

"Mahela, how is Jayasuriya with his injury? Will you risk him against Bermuda or rest him as it is not a game where he is 100% needed."

"Sanath will play tomorrow as he has shown full fitness and i have no doubts that he will do well. Sanath is 100% needed in this game as these games against the minnows are the ones we really need to win so we can make sure we have a definite spot in the Super 8's."

So Sanath Jayasuriya will play in tomorrows Group stage game against Bermuda. He has passed all fitness tests with the team physio and looks set to play at 100%.

etho11

International Cricketer
Sri Lanka Suffer Shock Loss.
Sri Lanka have suffered a shock loss to World Cup minnows Bermuda.

Sri Lankan Captain Mahela Jawardene won the toss and elected to bat on a nice hard wicket. From the first ball Sri Lanka set the tone for the innings setting up a run rate of 13 of the first 5 overs.

Tharanga brang up his 50 with only facing 18 balls. Jayasuriya on the other hand was run out with a big mix up. Jayasuriya made 27 off 15 balls.

Is was then Sangakara and Jayawardene turn to try and set Bermuda a large total too chase but this was not the case when Sangakkara was run out for 18. Dilshan did not dp much only adding 10 off 6 balls.

Jayawardene played a solid 54 of 24 balls but was a victim to a stpuid run out.

Silva and Russel Arnold had a 70 run partnership to lift Sri Lanka to 5-226 of 19 Overs. Silva went on to make an attacking 50. Arnold could not oblige falling for 22. The rest of Sri Lankas tail fell for single digits . Sri Lanka were bowled out for 290 of 25 overs.

Dwayne Leverock was pick of the Bermudans with 2-56.

Bermuda were set a large total but anything can happen in international cricket they say.

From ball one the Bermudans were solid and mollydooker Romain made a valuable 72. The top order did not fire but Hemp made a contributive 25. Then came along Smith who sent the Sri Lankan bowlers to every part of the ground. Smith and Tuckers partnership at the end was the key to Bermudas win. Smith brang up the winning runs with a huge six over long off this also brang up his maiden ODI ton.

Stand out with the ball was Murali with 3-42.

Bermuda made 7-291 off 37.1 overs.

This shock loss puts Sri Lanka in a dilemma meaning that they will have to win there next to matches of the group stages if they are to progress to the Super 8's

Press Conference will follow very soon.

SL

Silva 76* Leverock 2-56
Tharanga 65
Jayawardene 56
Jayasuriya 27
290 off 25 Overs.

BERM

Smith 102* Murali 3-42
Romain 72 Jayasuriya 1-31
Tucker 27* Fernando 1-58
Hemp 25 Malinga 1-59

7-291 of 37.1 Overs.

etho11

International Cricketer
Silva hits Leverock for 6 down the ground.

Leverock celebrates one of his wickets.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My Goodness! Burmuda! How did you lose to them lol?

etho11

International Cricketer
Well i was playin on Test mode and they were hitting me to cow corner.

khan31

International Coach
Is that Bermudanin the second pic really lifting Leverock or is Leverock falling on him??

Can't you post screens from the match or do you have it on PS2? Nice thread. Surely you can beat Bermuda on Test level!! You still have India and the Bangla Boys to come. Good luck cuz you're going to need it

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am really shocked to see that Bermuda hammered Lanka :eek: now nothing is impossible in this World Cup :p

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
lol i though Indian bowlers were only worse to give 150 to Bermuda but not bad.. Lankans are there to support their neighbours :D

etho11

International Cricketer
Next game will be against India in a few days time. A press conference will be held with Tom Moody and Mahela Jayawardene tomorrow about Sri Lankas shock loss.

Users who are viewing this thread