Expert Cop Mafia 2 - Endgame Mafia win

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
By my calculations, only ARay could be eliminated as a suspect over the coming night (no lynch scenario). It would come down to a guess for ARay between treva and MaD on day 3 (the mafia would have to kill Haari - otherwise they lose). I think that's because a couple of the investigations on night 1 were wasted.

You would ask MaD to investigate ARay. He would have to know to come up town, as a mafia result would have shown him to be scum (this is because treva would investigate MaD and by coming up mafia would clear ARay).

I'm not sure that the town can win against any defence - I'm just saying that it was down to 50/50 after night 1 in this particular game.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm giving MVP to Treva. He actually caught Haari's mistake but once ARay and Treva were convinced that one was mafia and one wasn't MaD was going to get away with it.
I think his do nothing strategy was high risk. I also think declaring a town result on ARay wasn't great play as it cleared Haari. The mafia result should be designed to clear as few people as possible.

Haari didn't cover himself in glory with his calculations. First clearly ARay wrongly and then clearing MaD wrongly. However he raised the activity so can't complain too much.

The one point I would draw your attention to is my tip in the first post which both games didn't follow:

The more info you have the more chance you have of winning. Lynching early helps the mafia.

Both games finished on day 2. In the first game it was a 50;50 decision (not taking gameplay into account). In this it was 33;67 against (or 0;100 against if you discount MaD).
Always get the results from the second night (unless you're Haari and know you're dead otherwise).

I think ARay played ok; he was just led astray by Haari's maths. If you're told one of two people is mafia and you know you're not you go at someone strongly.

Anyway good game. :)

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
lol funny game in the end. Enjoyed this more than the previous one which I actually won. Glad that I atleast managed to speed this game up and get it done with months to spare. :p

ARay

County Cricketer
I think the problem was all of us investigating hedger. I think that was a pretty bad idea as well. :/

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
I swear I was going to increase my activity but just didn't need to so why put in extra effort and risk a slip when you can just be quiet and be happy :D

I just copied treva's results too lol

ARay

County Cricketer
Was also going to point out that you were the last one to post your results on Day 1 as well :p

I think I was the last one.
To be fair MaD hardly posted this game and won. In a normal mafia game I would have caught him out and told him that he needed to pick it up. Blaaaaaaaaah.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Sorry but ARay played an AP of a game :D (sorry AP but you know what I mean). Persisting with that lynch even after knowing that MaD had not been cleared? And of course knowing all along it was game over for the town if he was wrong. ARay for mafia MVP:spy. Haari may have initially got the "maths" wrong twice, but at least he was doing it. In this game, everyone needs to be able to do the maths.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
To be fair MaD hardly posted this game and won. In a normal mafia game I would have caught him out and told him that he needed to pick it up. Blaaaaaaaaah.
Yeah, this is what I felt you missed in this game. Normally, ARay is a pain for those who are inactive. He keeps on coming up with those weird questions. :D

ARay

County Cricketer
Yeah, this is what I felt you missed in this game. Normally, ARay is a pain for those who are inactive. He keeps on coming up with those weird questions. :D

I need to start playing more mafia games again. I am badly out of touch! :noway

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Sorry but ARay played an AP of a game :D (sorry AP but you know what I mean). Persisting with that lynch even after knowing that MaD had not been cleared? And of course knowing all along it was game over for the town if he was wrong. ARay for mafia MVP:spy. Haari may have initially got the "maths" wrong twice, but at least he was doing it. In this game, everyone needs to be able to do the maths.

ITA. Haari had me scurrying to do it to check that I hadn't made an error. It's doubly important that everyone does it as it could be a mafia doing the maths and "accidentally" getting it wrong.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
It was just impossible for me to clear myself, ARay was so gung ho. It's just frustrating that I didn't check out the maths before making my claim. To be honest, I had no idea if I was normal or not, was just one of those hunches that turned out to be right.

Interesting game, though.

MaD

Chairman of Selectors
I was pissin' myself laughin when ARay was like "fightin' till the end ey Trev" and trev was like, "but I'm not mafia!".

I rofled

Users who are viewing this thread