Expert Cop Mafia 1 - Endgame Town win

Aditya

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
User you cant even think how much I would have hated you if you got me hammered. :p Nah but seriously, well done guys. :clap Everyone played exceptionally well, I hope I helped too. :) User was fantastic, Haarithan's analysis did help (;)), Abhas as usual was helpful and Smurf, boy oh boy did this guy play well. When I logged off yesterday, I thought that he'd do anything but make sure that I don't survive the day (which would have made his chances of winning even more easier). Overall, it was a excellent game and even more excellent because we (townies) won. Take that mafia! :p

----------

And of course, Colin deserves some appreciation for this game. Something new and refreshing and indeed enjoyable. :)

Varun

ICC Board Member
Yeah, good game Colin, I enjoyed the discussion, and Smurf's post quoted by User really ended the game for him. If he was town and knew Aditya to be mafia for sure, why would he give them time to decide? Well interpreted whoever did it.

And to add, I didn't pay much attention to Haari's logarithms, although some of them were useful, especially those on Day 2.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yeah, good game Colin, I enjoyed the discussion, and Smurf's post quoted by User really ended the game for him. If he was town and knew Aditya to be mafia for sure, why would he give them time to decide? Well interpreted whoever did it.

Yes and no. It was the wrong decision in game terms to lynch to but the right decision in survival terms.

Varun

ICC Board Member
I think it was the only logical choice. If I was the cop and I was so sure about someone being mafia, I would definitely not stop gunning for him. And I know Papa Smurf in particular is an aggressive player when it comes to lynching someone he's confirmed as mafia (as town), so unless he had realized a big flaw in his reasoning, he would not unlynch Aditya, and he showed no signs of discovering it here.

Although eventually that wasn't what cost him the game. :p

6ry4nj

International Coach
It is really a discrete maths problem, isn't it? Can't the town win against any defence? I might go so far as to call it an extremely complex version of noughts and crosses.

I would give MVP to Papa Smurf. Although User's analysis the previous day was the best that was done, it was Smurf who understood the logic of the endgame. There may have been some decent mindgames about the town's decision, but this particular form of mafia is all about the logic, and Russian roulette with three bullets doesn't cut it for me.

As I think has been said, the trick was to both investigate the person who was mafia if you were insane. Either of you could then lynch the one who came up town to you (or if you got a 'mafia' result, lynch the other one).

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Thinking back, I guess got sort of caught-up in the moment. I was fairly sure that the Town were going to no lynch, and had set up a strategy accordingly. That's why I changed my lynch to no lynch in the first place - I thought it might be send out some pro-town vibes. But when the two confirmed townies decided they'd lynch, it sort of caught me unexpected, and emotions flared.

Speaking of which, I think I owe an apology to Haari. Shouldn't have called you a moron.

Users who are viewing this thread