Newbie Ocean's Mafia - Endgame (Town Win)

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/2230910-post878.html

Special thanks to Themer for his above post helped me to work out on the balance of the game. I gave both the tracker and the vigilante a (+2) heading to the game, though it turned out to be a (+3) and a (+1) in the end, following barmyarmy and AngryPixel's play. :p

Town Aligned Roles

Cop - +7
Doctor (can't protect same person each night) - +3
Tracker - +2
Vigilante - +2
Double voter - +1
Townie - +1
Miller - -1

Total: +15

Mafia Aligned Roles

Godfather coming town upon first time investigation - -7
Mafia roleblocker - -6

Total: -13

Third Party Roles

Cult Leader - -2

Total: -2

Sum total: 15 - 13 - 2 = 0

I don't trust that balance. :p The Vig was an extra one there.

I didn't really helped the cause of townies did i :p

You didn't. :p But I was talking about the role in the general (in my last post), not your gameplay.

I think Cult Leader is possibly only -2 if it is immune to night-kill by the mafia (like AP was in LOTR mafia).

Good game everyone and thanks for hosting, Harrithan. I totally sucked at the middle.

I think you're biggest problem was just coming out with gibberish. :p

I had no clue what you were on about half of the time. You could've probably slipped under the radar pretty easily if it wasn't for your complicated posts that led to nothing.

BKB could've been more active and done more for his cause. The town learned to be more cautious and picked off the maf pretty easily in the end.

----------

Also lol at AP killing the double voter. :lol

I think the reason the town did better here than in previous newbie games is that Themer and I were both quite cautious about lynching people off.

After last time where I bodged things up I wanted to take my time. All fell nicely that you knew I was the cop and I knew you knew.

I feared for a counter claim from BKB...

I was expecting him to as well. I'd been slightly suspicious of you all game after Colin mentioned you might be the doc as I thought your reaction was a bit odd, not sure why I can't remember.

When we'd reached the last day you probably could have claimed if you were online before BKB had chance. Not that it made a blind bit of difference anyway as he claimed JOAT. The longer it went without you claiming doc the more I became suspicious, that's why I was hesitant about lynching him at the end as I thought Haari might not have put in a doc.

Last edited:
10. BKB1991 (mafia godfather) - Good game. Gave it his best shot until his down fall, but his analysis of the write-up (from what I saw in the QT) wasn't particularly impressive, and neither was his interaction with his fellow mafia partner. Did a great job though in preparing an ideal fake claim for swacker that almost got the townies to believe the latter to be a beloved princess. Didn't stand a chance though following swacker's hammer, especially with Colin outwitting every thought of his (most recently the thought that there probably didn't exist a doc).

Possibly could have had a better game. But playing two games in once isnt a great idea, and I generally felt that town had quite strong roles compared to the mafia. Granted we didnt play well, but I think numerous factors went against us, players leaving mid-game and being replaced, confirmed town roles being inactive etc.

I actually was thinking not to kill anyone last night, but then looking at the roles, I felt a doctor in the midst would make the town too strong, hence I went ahead and tried to kill Colin.

I totally agree about playing two games at once. As I said you can't always work out which game you were suspicious of someone in.

Yea you were confused. :p

----------

Oh User I killed you because If I had planned someone like Colin, we might have ended up winning the game, but It would detriment the activity, and you werent very active before dying :p

Users who are viewing this thread