FA Cup

come on United! Lets see another replay goal like Giggs the last time we won the treble!

did i hear right? Southgate calls Ronaldo a cheat,that was a penalty and before he goes round saying whether it is or isn't maybe he should watch a replay,apparently Querioz had to be restrained,next time knock him out mate

He made the challenge and stopped Ronaldo from continuing his run so it's a penalty

I have to say Rooney was ridiculously lucky to stay on the pitch,the Middlesborough players had really got to him and you could see the ref was going to pull out a 2nd yellow but backed out when he calmed down,well we're through,not the best game but we did the job and Fergies loving it! We're on the road to wembley

Leicester Fox said:
did i hear right? Southgate calls Ronaldo a cheat,that was a penalty and before he goes round saying whether it is or isn't maybe he should watch a replay,apparently Querioz had to be restrained,next time knock him out mate
Yep, I completely agree. Well done Quieroz. Southgate did apologise after the match though.

Leicester Fox said:
He made the challenge and stopped Ronaldo from continuing his run so it's a penalty
Yep, you could see the legs making contact, definitely a pen.

Leicester Fox said:
I have to say Rooney was ridiculously lucky to stay on the pitch,the Middlesborough players had really got to him and you could see the ref was going to pull out a 2nd yellow but backed out when he calmed down
Yeah, having seen it at the match and again on TV, Rooney was very, very lucky to stay on the pitch. He could have got a 2nd booking on 2 occasions.

My voice is wobbly after singing so much last night! Not a fantastic game but all that matters is that we're through.

lol you quoted my post 3 times :p If Rooney had been sent off would he just be banned in the league or in the England games too? Anyway it looks like United have come through their difficult stage in the title race because Saha,Van der Sar and Scholes should be back soon,not sure on Evra though

A fan attacked Lampard, now although this was wrong, he was only doing what every England supporter wants to see happen.:p

Drogba though stamped and kicked the guy when he was on the floor. I bet the FA don't look at that.

United Blackburn final I feel, Chelsea's luck will run out soon.

BTW - SWP should be on the right against Israel, shows what games does for a player!

SWP on the right,Lennon on the left,now that is pace. Gerrard/Lampard and Hargreaves in the centre and we have a quality midfield again,especially when Joe Cole comes back. Rooney up front but with who? Please god no Crouch :upray Lampard won't play this game becuase of the cup replay and i ecpect the team won't have as many Chelsea and especially United players in it,

Leicester Fox said:
If Rooney had been sent off would he just be banned in the league or in the England games too?
Na, he wouldn't have been banned for the England game I dont think.

Leicester Fox said:
not sure on Evra though
Meh, we have Heinze! Argentina!Argentina!...

themuel1 said:
A fan attacked Lampard, now although this was wrong, he was only doing what every England supporter wants to see happen.
Too true :p

themuel1 said:
Drogba though stamped and kicked the guy when he was on the floor. I bet the FA don't look at that.
Yep someone said about that on 6-0-6 last night. If that was a United player, he'd be banned for 5/6 games.

Leicester Fox said:
Lampard won't play this game becuase of the cup replay and i ecpect the team won't have as many Chelsea and especially United players in it
Well, they are important qualifers and there's 5 days between the reply and the 1st game, so I dont think that the replay will be a factor on the team McLaren picks.

Last edited:
we could do it like American football and bring on Evra when we're going forward :p

What Drogba did would effectivley be the same as Cantona......

And, no Gerrard and Lampard!!!!! One or the other. Form players should be in the squad. Lennon should play right, SWP left because Lennon was read all game yesterday, he always cut inside.

Carrick and Gerrard I'd go for. But Mclaren NO balls won't do that. Crouch is injured!!!! Rooney and Nuggut (or whatever his name is).

That point about Cantona is a good one,in fact i think i'll spam the FA with emails about it :p the midfield will probably look like this imo
left side-Gerrard/Lennon
right side-Gerrard/Lennon
midfield-Lampard
midfield-Hargreaves (he's fit isn't he? I saw him in Madrid-Bayern)

I'm still amazed how that fan actually missed fat Frank...

Gerrad and Lampard doesn't work. It's never worked. Throw someone like Carrick in there and stick Rooney and AJ up front.

evertonfan said:
I'm still amazed how that fan actually missed fat Frank...

Gerrad and Lampard doesn't work. It's never worked. Throw someone like Carrick in there and stick Rooney and AJ up front.

If us football fans , who haven't coached at the highest level can see it doesn't work, why cant McNoBalls (names changed again...)???!!!! Is there some kind of revolution where Lampard and Gerrard pick the team?

The only other explanation I have is that McNoBalls knows nohing about football......

I reckon McNoBalls as you like to call him will take the decision when he realises his job is on the line

Leicester Fox said:
I reckon McNoBalls as you like to call him will take the decision when he realises his job is on the line

I don't know about that, I reckon it would be then that he would stick more and more rigidly to in theory the best partnership.. I mean obviously 30 goals a season from the two of them can't be wrong... :p

Even as a Spurs fan, I don't begrudge Drogba stamping on that fan, deserved far worse, and the difference between him and Cantona is that Cantona broke the whole "sticks and stones" ideal, Drogba was actually in a situation where the fan could have done someone some damage.

One thing to bug me from the Spurs game was how on earth Carvalho was still on the pitch after the penalty. Not even a booking, I was shocked to say the least :eek:

yeah but Cantona was a footballing god whilst Drogba's just a chelsea player :p semi finals are
Sat 14 April, KO 17:30 United v Watford, Villa Park - live on BBC.

Sun 15 April, KO 16:00 Chelsea v Blackburn, Old Trafford - live on Sky Sports.

Users who are viewing this thread