Facts concerning BLIC

I think this kind of thing was available in one of the older games(I guess its Brian lara 96 on Sega) where you bowl one ball and then ask the AI to bowl at the same spot again n again while u bat.Nice to know though!! :cool:

Today's Fact of the Day about Brian Lara International Cricket from Rubbergenius is:

In the Friendly match option, you can play a One Day International, Test Match, or Double Wicket game. More info on Double Wicket to follow in tomorrow's Fact of the Day!

or if you can't wait until tomorrow. This is from http://www.cs.unm.edu/~johnalp/dwhome.html

Double wicket cricket matches are played according to the regular Laws of Cricket. Each match is decided by each team playing one innings and the winner shall be deemed to be the team scoring the most runs in that innings. The team batting second must play their full quota of overs. Each innings consists of 4 overs with each member of the fielding team bowling 2 alternate overs. During each innings, the two members of the batting team shall play according to the normal rules of cricket, except that each team will complete its quota of 4 overs irrespective of their batsmen?s dismissals. However, each dismissal would cost a deduction of 8 runs

I assume from this that its a 2 v. 2 cricket match, not sure if its on a full size outfield or what though.

Ste

The double wicket thing is interesting but in that list by rubbergenius he mentions "No Domestic Teams"...thats a big let down to me...I was hoping they included the English County with the 20-20 matches and Aussie State, Ranji, NZ First Class, and of course WI first class tourneys...

Fact of the Day, Wednesday 24th:

Double Wicket cricket, included in the 'Friendly' section of the game, is a very accessible way to play BLIC2005 quickly, featuring two batsmen and two bowlers (so it works well as a two- or four-player game).

You choose which players you would like (a batsman and a bowler, or two all-rounders, would be good - at least one player handy with a bat and one with a ball) and then the amount of overs playable and how many penalty runs any wickets cost.

Then you play the game as usual. If the opposition get a wicket it just means that the batting side are docked runs (the penalty runs mentioned before).

After the set number of overs, the side that was previously bowling comes in and they play their overs at bat. Best score, after the penalty runs have been taken off, wins.

nothing has been said bout 20-20, i doubt if its in the game.

Double wicket cricket sounds really interesting. something new..nice

As it name shows that there will be no demestic cricket and it will be only international.I also enjoy more with playing international teams.

Users who are viewing this thread