FC: Bug Reporting and Feature Suggestion

This is good news. Did somebody already check it out if you can edit it? If so one piece of the puzzle is solved. :) The other ones the reserves and the 2nd innings of the Test matches. :mad:

ZexyZahid said:
Did somebody already check it out if you can edit it?
I have already used this to edit my teams.
ZexyZahid said:
The other ones the reserves and the 2nd innings of the Test matches. :mad:
I still can't figure out how does those reserves work and what's with the 2nd innings ?

The 2nd inns don't score thus when we put in scores in the 2nd inns box nothing happens it only counts the 1st inns. As for the reserves I would just get rid of them I like it as it is right now.

Prakash said:
I have already used this to edit my teams.

That's good. I can edit my team then if something happens. :) This could also increase the last minute strategy for some people.

Prakash said:
I still can't figure out how does those reserves work and what's with the 2nd innings ?

Reserves come into play when a player in the team doesn't play. You can arrange this with Excel, with the IF function, like if the player gets zero points (if a player doesn't play he will likely get these amount of points and if a player plays there isn't a big chance that the negative points and positive points will result together in 0 points).

In that situation if the player is a batsman he will get replaced by Reserve Batsman 1. If Reserve Batsman 1 (will get zero points) is not available and doesn't play in the team, he will get replaced by Reserve Batsman 2. And it's the same with the replacements of the wicketkeeper, allrounder and bowlers.

I used to know the system of the IF function, but I've forgotten it a long time by now. :(

The second innings expenditure are to just fill in the runs, wickets and runs against for both innings. Benefit of it is that if you can have bonus points from both innings if someone placed his player as a bonus player. For example Inzamam-ul-Haq hit once centuries in both innings, but people got only 30 points extra since the system detects only one innings and the moderators needed to calculate the amount of runs up in the first innings box. If there was a second innings box, it would have resulted in 30 points extra for the first innings and 30 points extra for the second innings. The same goes for the wickets.

Another advantage is that the moderators just need to fill in the runs from the scorecard in the boxes and don't need to count it up. This decreases the amount of errors with the counting up and people can more easily detect some errors if they read the scorecard after a moderator has filled in the scores.

Hopefully this would have helped.

I have been able to edit other managers' teams today. I set them back to the original teams of course, but its a good thing now that we can edit teams. Is that just for the FC staff? Or can people edit their own teams too?

Yes FC game creator can edit managers team and the members can edit their own team too.

I think bowlers should be rewarded for Maidens.

Maybe 1 point a maiden?

In that way you can say the economics of a bowler should be counted too. :rolleyes: For example Collymore didn't give much runs in about two ODI's, but he still didn't grab wickets.

But I think the maiden inclusion is difficult to implement.

Hope so that the Test thing is sorted out along with the reserves.
Would be nice to play it (not that i'm not enjoying it right now)

Which Test thing are you talking about? But I don't think the reserves problem can be solved that easily. Prakash couldn't, so I don't know who can.

ZexyZahid said:
In that way you can say the economics of a bowler should be counted too. :rolleyes: For example Collymore didn't give much runs in about two ODI's, but he still didn't grab wickets.

But I think the maiden inclusion is difficult to implement.

Don't get sarcy it was only a suggestion.

Hey, relax man. Don't need to call names. I understand it was an suggestion. Not sure if you understand what I was trying to say: if maidens could be implemented in the system, so could the economics of a bowler, since they're both evaluation of a bowler's performance. Since I would like to see that too if inclusion of maidens is possible. But I am guessing it's difficult to include these bowling statistics.

And I could suggest you could edit that part, just to keep the discussions healthy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread