FC: Bug Reporting and Feature Suggestion

Maybe for World Cup it could be split into pools. Then 1 for top 8 and one for finals.

That or else do something cool like pick 1 player from each team. without captains or bonuses. And see who picks the star performers. And have that go through the whole tournament.

I had a same idea about that some months ago: since there about four pools each Fantasy updater can manage each pool in the earlier stages. The Super Eight is the next thing of which a Fantasy game can be made, and can be handled jointly, and of the semi final + final a last Fantasy game can be made.

So in all, six Fantasy Cricket Games can be made of the World Cup.

But it's better to decide about that, when the time comes. Because first comes the Champion's Trophy, and I wouldn't mind to this kind of 'seperate' Fantasy games created with one ICC event in October when that happens.

Champions trophy can definitely be run as a long series as it's not that long. Maybe a seperate one for the qualifying stage.

ICC Champions Trophy.
I'd say make it 4 Fantasy Games.

1-Qualifying
2-Group A
3-Group B
4-Semis and Finals.

Or we can have an alltogether different one for the Final.
What say guys ? ;)

I would have a long comp from the group to finals and then have another final series seperate like the VB series.
Maybe add in trades for the long one.

aussie1st said:
Champions trophy can definitely be run as a long series as it's not that long. Maybe a seperate one for the qualifying stage.

Sylvester,

it will be better if substitutions are allowed in the middle!!!!
i think it will be better if the rule like this exists,
" A member can make substitutions only twice from the reserve list during the course of tht series "

This might be quite handy when the player misses at the last moment!!! And also competition can become more great!!!!

Well this is just my suggestion wht striked my mind!!!!

Cheers
Surendar :cheers

iceman_waugh said:
ICC Champions Trophy.
I'd say make it 4 Fantasy Games.

1-Qualifying
2-Group A
3-Group B
4-Semis and Finals.

Or we can have an alltogether different one for the Final.
What say guys ? ;)

Yeah, I was thinking that way too. Your first idea.

aussie1st said:
I would have a long comp from the group to finals and then have another final series seperate like the VB series.
Maybe add in trades for the long one.

If you do that, this will be a very long competition then.

Qualifying round, pool A and pool B will have all four teams, which means each pool has 6 matches. Together there will 18 matches. Joint with the semi finals and final, there will be 21 matches.

That's way too long for me.

A big problem would be that players would have to choose about more then 140 players (given that there about 14 players in a squad and there are 10 teams). This would be more a gambling game, since the chance that a Fantasy Cricket player would pick the right person for their team, would lessen. In other words, their success rate wouldn't be that big.

Reducing the matches, by making seperate games for each stage, means everybody can choose with lesser players and the chance that a player has a success in a Fantasy Cricket player would increase.

Anyway, other people can have a say about this too.

Last edited:
I think we can have the Champions Trophy as 1 series, but for the World Cup, we should have more competitions!

viral1991 said:
I think we can have the Champions Trophy as 1 series, but for the World Cup, we should have more competitions!

No dude,
What if one selects one player from each team.
Say 8 players out of 11.
Finally,two teams will contest the Final.
It would definately be unfair.
Since we do not have the options of Reserves and Substitutes open to us,its better to have a different game altogether.

If we can get the Reserves and Substuties working I would say we could do a long ICC series. You just have to choose wisely which is the whole point of Fantasy Cricket. It's not meant to be easy. We can make a final series for those guys that are out of the series.

As I said the qualfying round won't be included in the long series just the Group and final. The Qualfying will be done seperately.

World Cup

For the World Cup,i think we can go by this pattern :
Group A
Group B
Group C
Group D
All individual groups to form separate Fc's.

The Super 8's well i havent yet been able to work out how it will function.
Maybe we will have two games for it.

And one for the semis and the finals just like in the CT.

this bug of reserve players should be resolved.. its annoying when a reserve player replaces a player from first XI and he scores no points at all!

rashik007 said:

Everyone agrees with that but there is nothing we can do about it as of now.
Look at me,I've lost out Craig McMillan with an injury,incidentally he happens to be my captain.
But since we are not giving out great gifts for winning,stick with the format and enjoy playing.

Users who are viewing this thread