FC: Bug Reporting and Feature Suggestion

Sureshot said:
I think bowlers should be rewarded for Maidens.

Maybe 1 point a maiden?
I have a feeling that it wouldn't be that difficult to include, but I feel that 1 point wouldn't make that much difference as a point is deduced for every 5 runs conceded.

I don't like the way the points are done. Too much rides on the captain you choose. It should be important but not an auto-win.

I don't think bowlers should lose points for conceeding runs. The run rate should be used to determine how much they are penalised. Maybe a run rate under 2.5 could be a base of 30 points whilst a run rate over 4.5 could be 30 off. something like that. I dunno. It just doesn't make sense to take off points per 5 runs scored. Every bowler has to go for runs. Do batsmen get penalised for not scoring fast enough?

Dream cricket actually has a good format. Players get extra points if they achieve a certain number of wickets or runs (just like our bonus system but any player can get it). No captain or selecting bonus players just pick the right 11 and you will win.

ZexyZahid said:
Hey, relax man. Don't need to call names. I understand it was an suggestion. Not sure if you understand what I was trying to say: if maidens could be implemented in the system, so could the economics of a bowler, since they're both evaluation of a bowler's performance. Since I would like to see that too if inclusion of maidens is possible. But I am guessing it's difficult to include these bowling statistics.

And I could suggest you could edit that part, just to keep the discussions healthy.

Sorry ZZ.

I consider the use of the :rolleyes: when aimed at someone as rude.

Slight misunderstanding.

Sureshot said:
Sorry ZZ.

I consider the use of the :rolleyes: when aimed at someone as rude.

Slight misunderstanding.

Allright, I put that smily in, since it's well known it's difficult to install new things in Fantasy Cricket. So bringing maidens into it sounded just like difficult like bringing economics in.

But Prakash is saying now it can be done, so we'll see.

iceman_waugh said:
Then maybe 5 points ?
Or am i asking too much

Actually I was thinking in that way also. Since a maiden is difficult to get, especially in ODI cricket. Five points a maiden sounds reasonable.

And 3 points to a batsman for a six, & 1 point for a boundary, by a batsman could be good too!

ZexyZahid said:
Allright, I put that smily in, since it's well known it's difficult to install new things in Fantasy Cricket. So bringing maidens into it sounded just like difficult like bringing economics in.

But Prakash is saying now it can be done, so we'll see.

Actually I was thinking in that way also. Since a maiden is difficult to get, especially in ODI cricket. Five points a maiden sounds reasonable.

That's a thought.

Implement it into ODI cricket only?

Ste said:
Run Out: +5 to the player who removes the bails
Run Out: +10 to the fielder for the return throw
Run Out: +15 to the fielder for a direct hit

Are these actually counted ?
I mean,i dont think that the person making the game takes these into account,does he ?

Well, I do. I selected Raina last time primarily because he has a habit of pulling out run-outs!

iceman_waugh said:
Are these actually counted ?
I mean,i dont think that the person making the game takes these into account,does he ?
You mean while updating the scores? Of course we do. If the scorecard has only one player's name next to a runout, we assume it was a direct hit. If it says Vaas/Sangakarra then Vaas fielded the ball and Sangakarra removed the bails. I'm not sure if all FC mods take this into account.

I suppose a direct hit should get 20 points.
The other run-out form gets 15 currently and so does direct hit.

I say there should be different rules for the Twenty-20 Format.
Any chance of us having a Fantasy Twenty-20 for the English/Australian season ?

How about breaking it into two parts ?
I mean,for the ICC World Cup ,I don't think we'll be able to have the entire tournament.
I suggest for the WC,lets have one FC for the Group Stages and the other for the Knockout Stages.

Users who are viewing this thread