Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Bradman as the face of the game however gives them a good reason to create a replication of as much of the era as possible though.

This edition of the game obviously wasn't designed the whole way through as a 'Bradman' game - I imagine the licence came far later in the cycle (Ross mentioned once that only a few people in the office knew the name before the announcement).

A historical mode with Bradman, recreating his key innings, fixing the glaring scoring error in that last match he played, etc. is something I'd want to see to really add to the Bradman focus in future editions; and to me that means having the rules and gameplay of the era. The AI bowling bodyline is something I'd want to see.

[Sarcasm="Enabled"]A realese date![/Sarcasm]

Sorry ill show myself out

If we are talking historical rules I would like to see:

1) Back foot no-balls
2) old Lbw rules
3) Timeless tests

Another feature that would add a lot of novelty value (although probably way too costly to make for little market value) Would be an old fashioned version of cricket where the bowlers bowl under-arm along the ground to a batsman with a hockey stick shaped bat and a six inch high set of two stumps. However this would not be a very profitable feature and I am aware I will never see it in DBC or anywhere else ever.

yeah, doing other time periods would be good. with only 10 international teams, throwing in a few decades really helps bulk out the play options and it would be cool if there was little touches to go along with that.

plus the bonus is of course if you want to play a spinner, you really want to play as murali or warne. if you want to be a fast bowler you want to be west indian from the 80s or wasim akram.

if you want to play a spinner, you really want to play as murali or warne. if you want to be a fast bowler you want to be west indian from the 80s or wasim akram.

Are you forgetting people like George Lohmann and Clarrie Grimmett? :facepalm

There's always one isn't there
I think my name gives a big clue as to who I think is the greatest. Apparently Garfield Sobers could Chinaman it when he wanted, so we'll put him up there.

In actual fact, I want to emulate Sydney Barnes. 719 wickets at 17. Great bowler.

Simon Katich had a decent chinaman, but he had back problems so couldn't bowl them too often.

Don't try lecturing me on SF Barnes. Especially not when you've said "apparently Garfield Sobers could chinaman it when he wanted."

I know he could bowl Chinaman. It was slight sarcasm mixed with the fact that I've barely see him bowl, and when I do it's mostly medium pace or from a camera at cow corner/deep backward point.

clarrie grimmett has a girls name. no way am I going him.

Clarrie is short for Clarence, and if speak about Clarrie Grimmett like that any more I may have to verabally early september you. :mad

Users who are viewing this thread