Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

All attempts at getting back on topic have sadly not even crossed the start line; therefore a friendly nod and a wink.....

I'm looking forward to Don Bradman Cricket 14.

Now that we're back on topic: Angad, how often do you play games whilst trading? Do you play whilst waiting for something to complete, or do you just spend all your time on the market?

what dbc 14 on next gen should be like

this is just my opinion but to be honest the game is perfect for ps3/xbox 360.however i just dont feel the next gen era when looking at this game.if you look around all games on the next gen are certain qualities.here are a few things i suggest to big ant for the ps4/xbox 1 version of the game.
1-better graphics and more polishing
2-more diverse commentary eg(commentators saying players name and describing the boundary wicket ( micheal has edged the ball to into the air a taken in the covers by johnson)also t20 syle commentating
3-the ability to take photos of you face and add it to created players for more realism
4-ability to add music so whenever a boundar/wicket happened the music randomly plays
5-full complete highlights package of the entire match
6-ohh and crowd clothing eg aus and pak playing in a match but there are ppl in the crowd wearing red t-shirts etc
7-ppl on the facebook page didnt like the fact that the cam dont follow the ball so do i
8-various generic bowling actions to choose from
9-a button where u can press for animation like batsman looking at bat,fixing gloves/helmet etc
10-third umpire decisions showing up on the big screen
*not necessary*the sound like in ipl when replay is being showed and the is a kind ok bang sound that comes off the bat

*********************************************************u all may judge me or close this thread but seriously guys think about it it next gen everything is as close to real life
this dont have to be released as soon as the next gen versions come out they can be patched but its just my suggestions that you can look into because i know you are all great all listening to the fan.guys post you honest opinions below thank you

1-better graphics and more polishing
Surely that's a given for next gen? I don't get what you mean by more polishing. I would say it currently looks very slick.
2-more diverse commentary eg(commentators saying players name and describing the boundary wicket ( micheal has edged the ball to into the air a taken in the covers by johnson)also t20 syle commentating
When you watch TV, the commentators don't say: "Johnson bowls, and Pietersen edges it to slip where it's taken by Clarke". They say: "Edged! Caught! Big wicket!" We don't need the game to be spelt out for us. We can see what's happening. Commentators are there to add a bit of colour and analysis. What do you mean by T20 style commentary? I'd prefer my eardrums weren't shattered when playing the game with headphones, thank you very much.
5-full complete highlights package of the entire match
Why do you need this when you can go back a few balls with the interactive. You've just played the match. You don't need to watch it all for another 30 minutes. Maybe a fall of wickets like EA Cricket or key moments like in Fifa, but we don't need to watch a full highlights package.
9-a button where u can press for animation like batsman looking at bat,fixing gloves/helmet etc
10-third umpire decisions showing up on the big screen
Because those features scream next gen and aren't pointless at all...

The run out decision already shows up there, and we don't need to watch the big screen replay because the replay cutscene appears anyway.
7-ppl on the facebook page didnt like the fact that the cam dont follow the ball so do i
It follows the ball when you are fielding. What more do you want? When you are playing as batsmen you will have to judge a run from a distance. That's great. Why does that need to change?

Animation choices would be a sensible inclusion for the next game - I can't see how you could incorporate set "styles" of batting with the controls being as they are; but perhaps for bowling you could have a few different types (at least allow for Malinga-style round arm bowling).

A dream pie-in-the-sky thing would be allowing for the rules to be adjustable so you can play games using past rules. I know that you can turn off fielding restrictions and stuff, but other things (especially the LBW rules) have greatly evolved to become much different than in the past. Perhaps even allow underarm bowling as used in the ninteenth century ;). Hey, perhaps for Don Bradman Cricket 28!

TBH, gameplay things we can't really say until after the game has been released and we see what the post-game support is like!

^^^malinga is playing for the Stars, maybe Ross could get him in the studio for mo-cap for DB15!!

Animation choices would be a sensible inclusion for the next game - I can't see how you could incorporate set "styles" of batting with the controls being as they are; but perhaps for bowling you could have a few different types (at least allow for Malinga-style round arm bowling).

A dream pie-in-the-sky thing would be allowing for the rules to be adjustable so you can play games using past rules. I know that you can turn off fielding restrictions and stuff, but other things (especially the LBW rules) have greatly evolved to become much different than in the past. Perhaps even allow underarm bowling as used in the ninteenth century ;). Hey, perhaps for Don Bradman Cricket 28!

TBH, gameplay things we can't really say until after the game has been released and we see what the post-game support is like!

Baby step at a time....baby steps. :)

the most important thing for me would be the different playing styles.
bowling actions are a very individual thing and everyone has a very different batting style.

even though we would all like to think we bat like the don.

I can't see how you could incorporate set "styles" of batting with the controls being as they are; but perhaps for bowling you could have a few different types (at least allow for Malinga-style round arm bowling).

Stance, backlift and grip are three factors that could work for batsmen. For instance being able to set a batsman to crouched stance with a low grip and a low backlift and another to straight up stance with a high grip and backlift.

This would give a bit of individualism to the styles

edit: Sorry, I should have quoted IceAgeComing.

Last edited:
A dream pie-in-the-sky thing would be allowing for the rules to be adjustable so you can play games using past rules. I know that you can turn off fielding restrictions and stuff, but other things (especially the LBW rules) have greatly evolved to become much different than in the past.

This is something I would really like for playing "historic" matches with the old kit and filters

And i think it can not be justified using resources to include those old rules given how many people will actually use it or even aware of it.

Fair enough and you're probably right. I just think it would be a nice gimmick to go along with the other rule options and historical items in the game, although most likely not worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread