Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Unfortunately requires all of the licenses...

You can still work around that with your player linking thing. Basically have fake players in cards with 'real' stats/attributes. Then allow players to link these players with the ones created in CA, but only the name and looks.

However, more important is to have a huge player base. Roughly 30-40% people (high estimate) would be engaged in such a mode.....so to have a true sized trading market, you would need a lot of people to play this mode.

Why would an ultimate team mode be needed when I can go onto CA and create any team I goddamn wish?

I feel the average joe won't care for it, if the name and face aren't on the card. Even though most of us on here would dig it, overall wouldn't be worth it. Also the amount of money those things make is kinda dirty if you ask me.

Last edited:
What's sadder: people spending real world money on fake trading cards for a video game, or people watching youtube videos of people opening packs of fake game cards?

Definitely the latter. I'm a reasonable fan of Fifa, but when a clearly bored person pretends to be a bit excited because they picked up an awful A-League player with mildly quick pace on a video game and still gets 200,000 views on YouTube, I wonder what is wrong with the world.

Last edited:
Hey, I play Madden ultimate team; but I'll never spend real money on it. Because that breaks the fun of "building up a team from shite players you've never heard of to until you get RG3 and co" IMO

Last edited:
I play Fifa Ultimate Team and like it. I don't spend real money either because I like building teams, and it's a waste of money. The next game will be coming out after a year and I usually lose interest after 5 months.

What I was referring to was the hundreds of thousands of people each week who watch people spend money they were given for free opening packs or doing giveaways of virtual cards on a video game.

I know a few friends who use packs with their own money. Pack success rate is normally 1 in 50 (to get a really good player) so it's a waste of money and much better to build teams.

Back on to DBC: I think that it will be difficult to have an Ultimate Team style game mode until there are a lot more player licenses. Perhaps a team management mode might be a possibility in future, even though it is much more limited in cricket.

What I was referring to was the hundreds of thousands of people each week who watch people spend money they were given for free opening packs or doing giveaways of virtual cards on a video game.

Those videos are the cringiest thing as well - you see people thinking that they are all cool because they got Van Persie in a pack of fake video game cards which they spent ?50 all-in on getting... I mean, there are videos of people playing games for the internet (LONG MAY THEY LAST!), but then there is that!

and I agree on how Ultimate Team wouldn't work on an unlicenced game. There'd also be no reason to include it IMO in a game which I'd argue has a lot less fans that are, nor lack of a better word, "casual" fans...

On the contrary you can actually 'make' money (real money) playing FUT without spending a single penny on FIFA points :p

Earn coins and sell on sites like these

I made around 2 million coins in FUT13....earned a good profit when I finished with it
That's a very impressive amount of money you can earn considering that it's just a video game. I've never bothered with trading (and am awful at it when I try) but I have some friends who spent their weekends for a month trading and got about 5+ million coins. Nice way to earn back the money spent buying Fifa.

We should probably get back within the proximity of a topic now.

That's a very impressive amount of money you can earn considering that it's just a video game. I've never bothered with trading (and am awful at it when I try) but I have some friends who spent their weekends for a month trading and got about 5+ million coins. Nice way to earn back the money spent buying Fifa.

We should probably get back within the proximity of a topic now.

A couple of my friends in IVG made enough to buy a PS4 yet save enough for a copy of DBC14 :p

How long did they have to spend on the market to do that? They must have had to get around 15 million+ coins overall.

How long did they have to spend on the market to do that? They must have had to get around 15 million+ coins overall.

Lets just say they didnt have anything better to do in that time :p (though the FUT trading market was super fun and highly addictive:yes)

Users who are viewing this thread