Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

1. Geoffrey Boycott mode - Block for a whole day.
2. Mitchell Johnson sing-a-long mode - Sing 'Born to be Wild' whilst bowling 90mph.
3. Multiplayer sledging - Think up witty retorts to 'YEAH AND UR MOM LOL'
4. Zombies mode - Standard.
5. Pedalo mode - Help Freddie get back to shore in his pedalo. Use the SIXAXIS to stop him toppling overboard.

Great idea. Significantly dumb down the game in favour of the minority who, despite owning a computer and being able to buy the game, won't pay for the much cheaper controller.

:gamepad:

I am comparatively poor at using a gamepad. :p

The game certainly won't be fun or easier on a keyboard. They won't add keyboard support for future versions though and I like it that way.

I highly doubt that the minority which is cringing about the keyboard support is even gonna buy the game. If you can't afford a cheap controller, then you surely cannot afford this game. Period.

Some sort of keyboard + mouse system could have worked though I reckon.

How about WASD/arrows doing the footwork, and a mouse click + drag executing the shot type and direction. Left click being standard shot, right being aggressive, middle being defensive etc...

I'm not going to come up with a control scheme for everything but I do believe that there could have been at least some way to play without a controller.

Not that I'd be using it anyway because I have a 360 controller.

I had a quick look on Amazon and there was a controller price range from ?6 to ?25 (official Xbox controller). Considering the game will probably be >?40, and Amazon can be expensive, a controller is affordable to those getting the game.

----------

Some sort of keyboard + mouse system could have worked though I reckon.

How about WASD/arrows doing the footwork, and a mouse click + drag executing the shot type and direction. Left click being standard shot, right being aggressive, middle being defensive etc...

I'm not going to come up with a control scheme for everything but I do believe that there could have been at least some way to play without a controller.

Not that I'd be using it anyway because I have a 360 controller.
I think it would have significantly harmed the game's potential to not be gamepad exclusive. Bowling would also be near impossible.

I highly doubt that the minority which is cringing about the keyboard support is even gonna buy the game. If you can't afford a cheap controller, then you surely cannot afford this game. Period.

Its not about affording (at least in my case). I love playing with keyboard only. Also, I would not want to buy it now and when I get bored with the game, throw the controller like a piece of junk with no other use.

Also, I would not want to buy it now and when I get bored with the game, throw the controller like a piece of junk with no other use.
You could use it for other PC games? You would also need it for the next iteration:p

You could use it for other PC games? You would also need it for the next iteration:p

I don't play too many games on PC and none of which I do play need a controller. Lol, yes thats a good point if they come out with a very good game on time more than once.

I think it would have significantly harmed the game's potential to not be gamepad exclusive. Bowling would also be near impossible.
Honestly, I haven't looked at the bowling controls so couldn't comment on that (hope they're as good as the batting controls!), but yeah I agree that there's much more freedom to innovate when you can develop with four analog inputs (sticks + triggers) in mind as with the 360/PS3/most modern gamepads.

Honestly, I haven't looked at the bowling controls so couldn't comment on that (hope they're as good as the batting controls!), but yeah I agree that there's much more freedom to innovate when you can develop with four analog inputs (sticks + triggers) in mind as with the 360/PS3/most modern gamepads.

plus, the gamepad lets you be racist. that's a big plus in anyone's book, surely?

guys...? guys...?

Users who are viewing this thread