Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

I would like to see bats of various weights like when I need to play shots when the run rate is high or I feel I am in a good form I would ask for change of a bat in the game....Getting a heavier bat would be awesome to increase our shot power in the game as a career player or even in normal matches...

That too career player should be able to purchase such bats from the contracts or from the amount he wins from the matches [Man of the match or series]..

The same can be done with pads, guards, gloves...Various varieties of such products shall be for protecting himself from injury rather than a style statement....

And a coach can also be appointed to teach various stuffs for the game and in the start of the career mode you select a coach based on their experience and more the experience more the cost of coach....Teaching would be based on the line of section in which you are able to use the controls well....The coach should be telling based on that whether to set you up as batsman, bowler or all rounder.....Such details in the game would make it even harder to get a place in the team..So you have to work hard for you to reach International levels in the game....And there should an option to select Sir Don Bradman as the career player's coach at International level... :)

Last edited:
I would like to see bats of various weights like when I need to play shots when the run rate is high or I feel I am in a good form I would ask for change of a bat in the game....Getting a heavier bat would be awesome to increase our shot power in the game as a career player or even in normal matches...

That too career player should be able to purchase such bats from the contracts or from the amount he wins from the matches [Man of the match or series]..

The same can be done with pads, guards, gloves...Various varieties of such products shall be for protecting himself from injury rather than a style statement....

I actually like that idea, as long as there is a downside. eg: if you have a bat with more power then it is harder to time, or you're more likely to edge it etc.

I actually like that idea, as long as there is a downside. eg: if you have a bat with more power then it is harder to time, or you're more likely to edge it etc.

Get tired quickly or something from using a heavier bat?

That is the surprise element....Try hitting too many boundaries can make the situations of the match awesome....Like top edge from a slow ball off the heavier bat....Hitting out of the stadium...Huuuuuge Sixes....Obviously this will affect their fatigue level....Managing that would make the player to plan whom to target for attacking and whom to just play him by rotating strikes....Such variations will take the game to different level...And the fact that such changes can be really felt while playing....:yes:thumbs

i know different batsmen use bats bats of different weights, but i would be surprised if any one batsman used differently weighted bats in different scenarios because this is going to have a serious impact on their technique.

do you know of anyone who does this, @funnyadit?

i know different batsmen use bats bats of different weights, but i would be surprised if any one batsman used differently weighted bats in different scenarios because this is going to have a serious impact on their technique.

do you know of anyone who does this, @funnyadit?

Dhoni...Always does....

Some guy at my cricket club changes their batting after 5 overs so they can swing harder. Does that count?

wow, ok, i stand corrected. sounds odd to me as i would have thought any significant difference has got to affect your technique.

Players do use different bats for the different formats, there was a piece about joe root getting his bats for the trip to oz, the bats weigh differently, the pick up is the same for his bats, so in effect they feel like they weigh the same but the middle is lower down the bat for pyjama cricket. I've rarely seen a batsman change his bat mid innings unless it cracks or breaks, and a lot of us are superstitious!! Bumble made a good point about players and their bats, he reckoned the average bowler takes more bats on tour these days than he had in his test career!!!

Players do use different bats for the different formats, there was a piece about joe root getting his bats for the trip to oz, the bats weigh differently, the pick up is the same for his bats, so in effect they feel like they weigh the same but the middle is lower down the bat for pyjama cricket. I've rarely seen a batsman change his bat mid innings unless it cracks or breaks, and a lot of us are superstitious!! Bumble made a good point about players and their bats, he reckoned the average bowler takes more bats on tour these days than he had in his test career!!!

Bats are not made to last as long now though which is most likely the reason!

Users who are viewing this thread