Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

They say around 1000-1500 runs is what the new bats last, not that many bowlers score that in a career let alone a series!!! I agree with you that they don't last as long these days, but its the same with most things! My parents still have an old colour tv that's at least 30 yrs old that still works, but these new ones seem to be knackered within 5/6 years!!

They say around 1000-1500 runs is what the new bats last, not that many bowlers score that in a career let alone a series!!! I agree with you that they don't last as long these days, but its the same with most things! My parents still have an old colour tv that's at least 30 yrs old that still works, but these new ones seem to be knackered within 5/6 years!!

If players sponsors are happy to give it to them then they may as well grab a new one as soon as they feels theirs starts to decline (or enter bad form). There's also the chance pros bats are dried to a lower moisture content than we get to give them a larger size which seems to be the in thing nowadays.

The drying process wouldn't help the bat, it makes it more susceptible to splitting and reduces the bounce effect!! The pros get the top grade willow, and the way they are pressed these days isn't the same as a proper knockin in process. I was surprised to hear one of the English top order say if he's got issues with his bat he gives it to jimmy Anderson to have a look at!!! Players don't know how to look after their bats because they're given them for free, in fact paid to use them!! I've been looking after bats for people for years, and something as simple as knocking in and oiling seems too much for them!! Part of the reason bats don't last as long is as much to do with people thinking "pre knocked in " means ready to play as it does the roll pressing used to compress the fibres by machine.

I've been looking after bats for people for years, and something as simple as knocking in and oiling seems too much for them!!

Was happy to hear that Warner uses an oiled bat (didn't make it clear if he's the one that oils it himself or not).

The drying process wouldn't help the bat, it makes it more susceptible to splitting and reduces the bounce effect!! The pros get the top grade willow, and the way they are pressed these days isn't the same as a proper knockin in process. I was surprised to hear one of the English top order say if he's got issues with his bat he gives it to jimmy Anderson to have a look at!!! Players don't know how to look after their bats because they're given them for free, in fact paid to use them!! I've been looking after bats for people for years, and something as simple as knocking in and oiling seems too much for them!! Part of the reason bats don't last as long is as much to do with people thinking "pre knocked in " means ready to play as it does the roll pressing used to compress the fibres by machine.

some of them are hardly pressed nowadays too, because they reckon they get a better result (in terms of shot distance) unpressed, and as you said above they don't give a toss that it reduces the life - ain't their money!

some of them are hardly pressed nowadays too, because they reckon they get a better result (in terms of shot distance) unpressed, and as you said above they don't give a toss that it reduces the life - ain't their money!

Yep block that's the general problem, lighter pressed big bats have a bigger sweet spot but really don't last, I know it shouldn't but it really pisses me off, there's something very special about the personal touch, things are more expensive but have lesser value these days!! My Missis reckons I should have been born 100 years ago, and sometimes I think she's right, everything's made quicker nowadays and doesn't last! One must take ones time in order to hurry up!!

off to the ontopic
I would love to see a scenario creator.
u know like creating special scenarios and match situations by adjusting no. of balls runs required or wickets to b taken...
apart from scenarios within creating themselves would b a lot fun...

off to the ontopic
I would love to see a scenario creator.
u know like creating special scenarios and match situations by adjusting no. of balls runs required or wickets to b taken...
apart from scenarios within creating themselves would b a lot fun...

totally agree, that would be a fantastic addition to future iterations and you'd hope with CA it might be doable

One of the Brian Lara game had a similar thing like trying to replicate games from the past, Sri Lanka v Australia World Cup final victory etc, it was pretty good stuff, although obviously it would have to be done in a way to get round the licsencing issues.

One of the Brian Lara game had a similar thing like trying to replicate games from the past, Sri Lanka v Australia World Cup final victory etc, it was pretty good stuff, although obviously it would have to be done in a way to get round the licsencing issues.

u dont need licence for it
u just select two sides
aus vs Sa
set target 436 in 50 overs n replicate conditions same as those were....
or replicate sharjah test with two sessions and target of 302 ...
it should b that simple and u should b able to challenge ur friend online/offline for desired set

Yep, probably allowing creation and sharing through CA. Would be great to have for the next iteration :)

Intro about the release next to it....

Speaking of kits I don't know if it would be allowed but I'd like to be able to replicate the kits used in the 91 World Cup, all the teams had the same template but with their own colours obviously, I still have my England one up the loft!!!

- more shot animation choices
- right stick controls power applied and subsequent animation. So if you use less right stick for a cover drive, the bat moves a bit, with more right stick, bat moves all the way over the shoulder animation etc.
- ability to blend in our faces into the character a la Rainbow Six Vegas games
- random weather leading to D/L system
- different ball types for fun - soccer balls, tennis balls, rubberized balls, golf balls, plastic balls, beach balls etc.
- "unique" animations for select players like Tendulkar straight drive, Dhoni helicopter, Eoin Morgan shot (already included), Afridi pull/hook shot, Gayle stand up swipe pull etc.

Users who are viewing this thread