Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Not you didn't.

Ashes 2013

If you look back at my posts you will see that I did it not long after the game first came out - I mentioned it on here. I have no idea how I did it, but I 100% got no balled whilst bowling spin.

Was maybe available pre-patching but there's no way to bowl a no ball as a spinner currently.

- Various (selectable) weather types.
- Actual injuries, retired hurt etc...
- Use of heavy or light rollers between innings.
- More in-depth player strengths and weaknesses (that can be exploited).

All of the above should have a lot more impact upon the players and gameplay.

- Various (selectable) weather types.
- Actual injuries, retired hurt etc...
- Use of heavy or light rollers between innings.
- More in-depth player strengths and weaknesses (that can be exploited).

All of the above should have a lot more impact upon the players and gameplay.

I agree with this...particularly that last point. One of the things I would like to see in DBC17 is some way that a batter's performance is influenced more by the games context and their current form. If they were out for a duck in the first innings and fighting for their place in the side (another hoped for feature in career mode) they should approach receiving their first overs in the second innings differently from someone who is in a strong run of form and picked up a double century first up.

Also, on a similar note, some way that a batter's decisions are influenced by what you are bowling would be nice. In DBC14 there is no real way of surprising a batsman with a yorker after a string of short stuff...because the fact that he has been peppered liberally around the head and ribs for 5 balls is not factored into his shot selection for the yorker on the sixth. It would be nice if the batter's inclination to premeditate a selected shot is based, to a degree, on what they have seen you bowl to them or their partner. If you are mainly bowling full and wide of off, he should be more likely to be wanting to get forward and drive through the offside...which might make a short ball or in-swinger more challenging to play, if you pull one of those out successfully. If the batter adjusts successfully...he (or even she...if we get women's cricket) might get a boost in confidence...if he struggles maybe his confidence gets dented as he loses faith in his ability to predict what you are going to bowl.

On the flipside, there should also be someway of affecting the bowler's confidence and accuracy. If you're being tonked to the boundary by a particular batter, depending on your player's characteristic temperament, you may lose confidence and struggle a bit more with line and length...and this may even, in career mode, get carried into the next innings or match.

Anyway, much to wish for. Still enjoying DBC14...but really excited for DBC17.

i love how in table top cricket, the batsman kicks after he get's out, or slams the bat in the ground. the style of replays is really sweet. i like how the number 4/6 pops up after a boundary is hit. please add these in don bradman. also when the batsman is about the face the first ball his stats pop up. the crowd was better in table top than don bradman too

Already have mentioned in the list that AI batsman must move across the crease and even front and back while batting, to make the death bowling intense, the stance should mention the kind of shot he is going for...A shot after moving across and placing should depend on his skills maybe agility should determine this along with his area of strength...So that there's a chance or hit or miss for both batsman and bowler...

Possibly already mentioned but:

More use of pads
More byes/leg byes as these don't happen often enough at the moment, they are very rare
More variation in bowling speed and deliveries
Improved AI Batting
Ground conditions and weather having more impact
More noticeable difference between opening batsmen and tailenders during games.

one thing love to see impact of confidence meter on both bowling and batting should be strong, if a bowler is starting with a confidence meter of 70(depends on how good the bowler is) then on every ball he deliever confidence meter should change for example on EVERY dot ball or on every wicket he takes the confidence meter should increase by one( or by 2 or..) let say from 70 to 71, and on EVERY boundary the confidence meter should decrease by one(or by two or..) and on singles and doubles the confidence meter remain same. For the batsman it can be the opposite of the bowler like on boundary it increases and on dot ball etc it decreases.
The increase and decrease value(1 or 5 or..etc) of confidence meter should be available to customize in the Acadamy. So this can have strong impact on the game.

AI Feilding Placement - There should be open slots in the acadamy where WE can create a fielding and save for the AI to use in the match and we can decide that only those fielding should be used in the match by AI with this it will solve the problem of AI fielding because even now after the fix(new patch) AI sometimes have only 2 fielders outside the circle which makes very easy to score and it takes the fun away. With this OFFLINE cricket will be more fun to play.

one more thing sometime AI hit for unrealistic six like on a bouncer they hit for straight six which is not possible or not easy to hit atleast.
AND CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THAT IS THERE A RULE THAT WE CANNOT PUT FEILDER ON STAIGHT HIT OT STRAIGHT ON OR STRAIGHT OFF BECAUSE IF WE CANNOT THEN WHY AI STILL USE THOSE KIND OF FIELD??

one thing love to see impact of confidence meter on both bowling and batting should be strong, if a bowler is starting with a confidence meter of 70(depends on how good the bowler is) then on every ball he deliever confidence meter should change for example on EVERY dot ball or on every wicket he takes the confidence meter should increase by one( or by 2 or..) let say from 70 to 71, and on EVERY boundary the confidence meter should decrease by one(or by two or..) and on singles and doubles the confidence meter remain same. For the batsman it can be the opposite of the bowler like on boundary it increases and on dot ball etc it decreases.
The increase and decrease value(1 or 5 or..etc) of confidence meter should be available to customize in the Acadamy. So this can have strong impact on the game.

AI Feilding Placement - There should be open slots in the acadamy where WE can create a fielding and save for the AI to use in the match and we can decide that only those fielding should be used in the match by AI with this it will solve the problem of AI fielding because even now after the fix(new patch) AI sometimes have only 2 fielders outside the circle which makes very easy to score and it takes the fun away. With this OFFLINE cricket will be more fun to play.

one more thing sometime AI hit for unrealistic six like on a bouncer they hit for straight six which is not possible or not easy to hit atleast.
AND CAN SOMEONE TELL ME THAT IS THERE A RULE THAT WE CANNOT PUT FEILDER ON STAIGHT HIT OT STRAIGHT ON OR STRAIGHT OFF BECAUSE IF WE CANNOT THEN WHY AI STILL USE THOSE KIND OF FIELD??

Stop shouting......

Last edited by a moderator:
the ai should change the order of batters coming in cases of attack if needed, also bowling i feel like the order never changes. also please let us pick opening batsman during game, not before match starts. for example i might want to have someone else open if team 1 scored a lot of runs, or in the second innings.

Users who are viewing this thread