Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Just out of interest, how does everyone feel about a sort of highlight of a match or innings?

I think you'd watch it once or twice and then never bother, unless you were in career mode maybe and replay your own stuff? If it's forced on the player it'd become incredibly annoying. If it's an optional thing you can toggle on/off or press X to skip at the end of the match I don't see an issue with it. But I think the value is pretty low, honestly... with the exception if it's something that's built into the custom-replay options and you can select what highlights you want to replay, then I can't see that being too intrusive?

On the replay stuff I really would prefer a vast array of nicer (short/skippable) cutscenes between balls/overs/innings ...covers being brought on when it rains, players training in the field before the match and between innings and the correct assigned captain of the team moving fielders into place, collaborating with the bowler and deciding on when to use BARS.

...that's the stuff that makes you feel like you're playing cricket, not watching it.

On the replay stuff I really would prefer a vast array of nicer (short/skippable) cutscenes between balls/overs/innings ...covers being brought on when it rains, players training in the field before the match and between innings and the correct assigned captain of the team moving fielders into place, collaborating with the bowler and deciding on when to use BARS.

...that's the stuff that makes you feel like you're playing cricket, not watching it.

I would agree with this...with the emphasis on 'vast'. In DBC14 there are so few of these that you've seen them all on day one and they then become dull quickly. Different angles...more stuff going on...a cut to clouds gathering in the West...would really add to the game.

I would agree with this...with the emphasis on 'vast'. In DBC14 there are so few of these that you've seen them all on day one and they then become dull quickly. Different angles...more stuff going on...a cut to clouds gathering in the West...would really add to the game.
What I would really like and find useful is an almanac feature a la Cricket Coach: a clickable record of every ball played.....

England vs Australia

@MattW.....would this be feasable??

It would be a spectacular addition in DBC 17 to see one of a cricket field like this:
di-the-cricket-game-iii-country-life1.jpg

Would love to see an Umpire mode! Doesn't need to be complex. Just like simming a match, but your in control of decisions. I was thinking maybe using each analog as an arm, so for a wide you would move them in opposite ways. No ball would be one analog stick to the right. Free hit you would just circle it. It's just something different. Seeing as you can do umpire 1st person in the replay bit. The camera is already set up. What do you guys think?

A waste of money and investment if I'm honest, do you think that you could see yourself spending hours playing that? Would you rather have that mode over other basic stuff such as seeing a player profile while selecting a line up? Or even a team career mode? I know it seems like a cool thing to do but you have to look at how many will play it and for how long...

Can I bump this and annoy @MattW by asking him to share his wisdom on the matter?
You do not meet the requirements to run the academy

Oh, it's not one of those...

I'd say it is very unlikely, but that's more because of time limitations than technical ones. Being hard to translate that kind of thing to console makes it harder to justify.

A waste of money and investment if I'm honest, do you think that you could see yourself spending hours playing that? Would you rather have that mode over other basic stuff such as seeing a player profile while selecting a line up? Or even a team career mode? I know it seems like a cool thing to do but you have to look at how many will play it and for how long...

Agree.
BUT.
As a companion mobile app? GOLD.

My fav field was the bradman oval (I think it was) - ie the open grass oval with white picket fence. Why? Because most grade cricket is played at venues like that. I always wanted to start a career in grade cricket in DB playing on these feels as a 16 y/o...much more akin to reality. Then IF you get selected for state duties, the stadiums then blow you away. Its the little things in life :)

You do not meet the requirements to run the academy

Oh, it's not one of those...

I'd say it is very unlikely, but that's more because of time limitations than technical ones. Being hard to translate that kind of thing to console makes it harder to justify.
Cheers Matt although as an accompaning app it would be brilliant imho which is darn right....

The feature to see the perfect timing in game. And also I don't think I can play a perfect loft shot after looking at the ball delivery and choose to play the shot which is a big drawback. I am not asking to show the delivery spot but to put the perfect timing just after the delivery. I don't know how people are playing perfect lofted shots all the time but this makes be so hard to play a perfect lofted shot.

Yeah I guess, I would like a lot more before that but just a bonus feature.

Users who are viewing this thread