Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

booted ea cricket 07 today and was bowling, would like the crowd's pitch getting high as the fast bowler is about to bowl and then react depending upon the result like play n miss reaction or boundary reaction, that didn't happen when the spinner was bowling

Sometimes I read some of the requests and I want to kill myself have BA never read this thread again...

Been playing DBC 13 and 14 for the past couple of years and there are a few things that are just minor annoyances - I'm sure others have mentioned a lot of these things but I'm fairly new to the board:

GAMEPLAY:

- It seems a bit too easy to get runs playing across the line of the ball and a little too hard to score playing in the V (unless mid off or mid on are out). Even on higher game difficulties, I can play leg glances and cut shots with almost no fear of being trapped LBW or nicking off, but trying to beat mid off and mid on (and even fast bowlers) is nigh impossible.
- On the rare occasions when the ball does hit the pad or body (including the gloves) it dies immediately. This means no bat-pad catches and no leg byes. I've been playing for two years and I don't think I've ever even seen a leg bye.
- The game doesn't account at all for the handedness of fielders. My right arm fast bowler can hit the stumps from the boundary throwing left-handed.
- The patches have obviously tried to do a lot for the edge mechanics, but there's still not enough variance. It would be cool to see more edges flying over slips, falling just short, darting in between keeper and first, etc. Sometimes it feels as if my fielders are wasted in the slips.
- Seen a lot lately about fielding AI concerns. Definitely agree here. I repeatedly score hundreds without a single run through the off side.
- I don't see a whole lot of impact of conditions on gameplay, either with respect to weather or on the pitch. Even if these were exaggerated slightly, I think it would be a cool addition to the depth of the game.

IN-GAME DISPLAY:
- Right from the outset, it's hard to understand why the game shows you a forecast for today only in a test-match or four-day game. I'd rather see something (even if it were variable and incorrect sometimes) for the last couple of days of the match than know what the weather will be at midnight today.
- It would be neat to be able to use L2 pre-delivery to see which player is fielding at each position, rather than the name of the position.
- On the bottom line where the individual scores and figures are shown, I would like to be able to see how many overs the bowler has bowled in parentheses next to his figures.

Additionally, here are a couple of things I'd like to see with respect to Career Mode - again, I'm sure many of these have been mentioned:
Overall feel: I really enjoy the depth and immersion of the Childish Things "Cricket Captain" titles on iOS. They do a fantastic job with transfer systems, generation of new players, variety of leagues, conditions, and strategic elements. If DBC 17 were able to remotely approach the depth of CC with respect to Career Mode, I think you'd really have something special.
Career Calendar: I'd like to see my career player have a legitimate 12-month calendar for each season, which displays the fixtures that my player is committed to for each of their respective leagues and teams. You see something like this already when you create a custom tour in DBC 14. If my player is on multiple franchise teams and an international side, it should be part of his reality that he misses large chunks of his domestic season. This should also make playing against other domestic sides more interesting as they'll have international players available for some matches but not others.
Dynamic Lineups: This is pretty obvious. Players in poor form should be dropped, even if they're the career player. Players should move up and down lineups, and when captaincy is achieved, the career player should be able to do the same.
Tiered Domestic/International Participation: Domestic teams should have Second XIs (one-day and three-day) and international sides should have U19s and A-teams before participation on the international first team. This should also be where newly generated players show up to replace retiring older players - Ryan Sidebottom should not still be playing for Yorkshire ten years into my career :)
Major ICC Events: World Cup, World T20, U19 World Cup, Champions Trophy....these all need to be on the calendar, obviously.
ICC World Rankings: Rankings should be available for batsmen and bowlers in all three formats as well as for international sides, with rewards for reaching the top of the table.
Statistical Continuity: As of right now, statistics post for players only in games that are actually played by the user, so a new player in an opposing side would only have matches against a career player's side in their in-game stats. Clearly these players are playing other matches during their own theoretical careers, and those stats should be reflected.
Ratings Availability: It would be good to be able to access the various ratings for teammates and even opponents in Career Mode - it would help with things like field placings and bowling strategies.
Net Bowling: I know others have mentioned this, but it would be helpful to be able to bump skills in the nets bowling as well as batting. Perhaps the game could offer challenges like "hit the top of off stump" with rewards for accuracy and pace. You could apply these to batting in the nets as well.

And finally, I would love to see an International Captain mode introduced - play the full international calendar with player development, simulated (or playable!) U19 and A-sides, trying to win ICC trophies and get your nation to #1 in all formats - even perhaps bring an Associate side to ICC events through WCL qualification and pushing for Test status and Full Membership!

A lot of big dreams, but even if only some of them come to fruition, can't wait for DBC 17!

First off i just wanna say dont worry about having an opinion mate, theres always some scumbags that feel the need to try and belitle others for no good reason, after all everyone has a right to to suggest what him or her would like. So keep posting :D

So what you are saying is that those who have an opinion that is up your alley are fine but those who have an opinion about those opinions are scumbags? Ah, the old "all are equal but some are more equal than others" syndrome......and calling people scumbags is of course in no way belittling.....of course not...dead normal.....

So what you are saying is that those who have an opinion that is up your alley are fine but those who have an opinion about those opinions are scumbags? Ah, the old "all are equal but some are more equal than others" syndrome......and calling people scumbags is of course in no way belittling.....of course not...dead normal.....

I'm literally learning Animal Farm as I read this. Talk about crazy am I right?

So what you are saying

Is none of what you wrote... And exactly what i wrote. Get it Dutchad?

.... Dont belittle others for innocent ideas pal! Otherwise you are scumbag... I cant be any clearer than that.

Like this, whats the point? Does this make you feel better or something? .... i just dont get it!

Sometimes I read some of the requests and I want to kill myself have BA never read this thread again...

Meh... Reallllly? Can't someone who has some authority round here, just make sure that sort of nonsense doesn't even see light of day? I mean they may have good ideas I'd want to talk about in the future...

Meh... Reallllly? Can't someone who has some authority round here, just make sure that sort of nonsense doesn't even see light of day? I mean they may have good ideas I'd want to talk about in the future...

I think a little comical hyperbole is a lot less nonsensical than calling people scumbags.

It's also far less nonsensical than setting up a dual account to post utter bollocks, have weird little public conversations with yourself and thank yourselves stupid...

I think a little comical hyperbole is a lot less nonsensical than calling people scumbags.

It's also far less nonsensical than setting up a dual account to post utter bollocks, have weird little public conversations with yourself and thank yourselves stupid...

What the...?......lol

Is this a situation where "citation required" ... Is required?

What are you on about?

Are you saying I don't exist?... Or jasim doesn't exist?

Either way that's a startling allegation!?

Is it possible to shite yaself laughing???

Last edited:
Im back again
1. I really think that six hitting should be reworked......i think it should be a little easier too hit, I've been watching a lot of cricket and I've seen that miss hits have been traveling over the boundary quite often...things like top edges have been going for six
2.foot work should also be reworked as while playing my player has been glitching and playing weird shouts that get him out...inns actually quite annoying...but still a great game overall

Another good feature for bats is to have different styles but we are able to change the color combinations of the stickers along with the grip...hopefully the bats could look more realistic as well i felt the were a bit flat in design and didn't have much depth...and the seemed very thin...even the thickest bat in the game felt thin...i hope they can be alot thicker like in real life

Users who are viewing this thread