Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

How much would a licence for Wimbledon set you back anyway? :P

I'm not sure how the licensing there works, but suspect it would be fiddly with so many different venues and players with no overarching association (by the looks of things). Previous tennis games have always been like PES: some licenses, some missing, so that would suggest it ain't easy (especially given that EA were one of the companies who couldn't get it done!)

Would you need licensing? I'm not sure. The tournaments would be nice, but I reckon you could create characters and rivalries without real-life players... That would be interesting.

And no competition in the market either...

Wouldn't need licensing for people like us, but something similar to the licensing for DBC 14, like a top player or a top competition could do the trick for those on the fence.

But as you said no competition so they would probably only need to nail the gameplay to get the tennis fans in.

Great news! Have been waiting for a Tennis game on current gen for quite a while now. In fact I use PS3 exclusively to play Top Spin 4 and hope 2K can work on it as well... maybe 2K can simply remaster and publish Top Spin 4 on current gen consoles.

@BigAntStudios @MattW These are some of the the rookie, club standard parkish stadiums i would like to see in DBC17... These while may not have the wow or epic factor of a Gabba or eden have something close and personal to all of us as at some point of time we would all have played cricket like this in coll or with friends etc!

This ESPN gallery of such places is wonderful, i would like you guys to grab a look at it and here are a few that i found would be great to have in dbc!

source : Pictures from fans: Send your pics to [email][email protected][/email] | Pictures from fans: Send your pics to [email][email protected][/email] | Photo Gallery | ESPN Cricinfo [HASHTAG]#sorry[/HASHTAG] for image overload

I once had to play in match in a similar location with a lake & temple by the side with washermen in that area was one of the fun matches i ever had, you couldnt play any offside shot cause lest the ball goes into the pond! I got out trying to pull a ball way outside off moving away form offstump and managed to top edge to short fineleg, despite seeing the ball miles before reaching me!

243697.jpg

This is from my homestate tamilnadu, though not my town, but i have played a few matches in villages in our state and they are the best, once had to play in a ground surrounded by paddy fields that had grown waist high, we were playing Cricket with tennis ball and racket anybody who hits a six into those paddy fields had to go and fetch it suddenly everybody was a dravid :D

244577.jpg

245833.4.jpg
245947.4.jpg
246525.4.jpg
246493.4.jpg
245683.jpg
244891.jpg
244669.jpg
244339.jpg
243207.jpg
243707.jpg

I have played cricket from childhood, at school and Inter college team level, while they were all great and awesome, Some of my most cherished and fun memories are playing in those boundless fields, a few times in sriperambathur helipad surrounded by unattended fields in which snakes roamed, and everytime i would ask my friend who lived there to take it and that guy could just sleep even if the snake slithered over next to him!

The thing is i dont expect BA to make these exact kind of things in game, but if a few of those rookie club stadiums can be inspired by these would be great!

Keep up the good work you guys are doing!

Man, this would be awesome if true - no competition either which must encourage anyone thinking of making a tennis game
If I lived in Oz I would be stalking the BA office until they confirmed a tennis game was in the offing :p

@BigAntStudios @HBK619 @MattW

FEATURES WE WANT TO SEE -
1.Reverse swing
2.reduce the difficulty in carrier mode (i want to be play as a rookie throughout the carrier) (I WANT IT BADLY)
3.different bowling actions
4.injury if ball has hit(should depend on it's strength while creating player
5.A player should have a option to rest/play domestic match
6.Ability to change your batting order in career mode when you (as a career play player) become captain.
7.include U-19 in carrier mode
8.WORLD CUP T20 AND ODI'S AND DAY NIGHT CRICKET WITH PINK BALL.
9. CONTROL A SINGLE PLAYER IN CASUAL PLAYER RATHER THAN THE WHOLE TEAM !!
10. HOPING THAT BALL WOULD CARRY TO THE SLIPS

Hey there!I'd like to share some of my suggestions for your upcoming game DBC'17
My suggestions may please you or even make u laugh for some overambitious suggestions,coz i love cricket much,and i expect a game developed very close to being real.thank you
I'am a big fan of cricket and cricket games.
I used to play EA cricket games so long until your game bradman cricket 14 arrived at the market.
I was so much fascinated and attracted to the game. I was eagerly awaiting for its pc version release with so much expectations.To my satisfaction the game was way way better than old cricket games.The graphics were good.Gameplay was amazing,especially the innovative bowling technique!Guys,u just rocked the game.The career was the best part.There were many errors too.bt it was overshadowed by its success.I wish your next game(DBC'17) will have some improvements in the following sections.
1)Graphics.(will be better with real time face and body type of players of every team ariund the world rather than only Aussies).
2)Licensed players and Important stadiums in every nation can be licenced and designes as real time stadiums.That would attract nation wise and native wise fans.Also logos and named of each National and domestic teams of each nation must br accurate so as to gain more support among the fans!

3)During Batting,A new bar can be added which indicates the CONFIDENCE meter of the batsman,which alows him to play lofted and unorthodox shots freely,in which the meter increases by the number of balls faced by the batsman.(for example:In ODI's the confidence level of the batsman increases according to his international statistics in real time by facing cretain amout of balls.,whereas in TEST cricket the meter increases at a very slow pace and increases by facing many number of balls without edging.,In T20's the confidence level should be given a little at the starting itself as it is a shortest format of the game, the bar should increase at a greater pace than test and odi's.)

4)Bowlers should also have a bar indicating the confidence to bowl special deliveries such as the real time ability of the player as reverse swinging,slow ball,inswinging yorker etc,which gains by bowling 3-4 consecutive dot balls and by creatinv pressure to the batsman.

5)Improvement in fielding should be made,as it was so unreal in donbradmancricket 14,A greater improvement in fielding must be made to gain more success.The catching ability should be based on real time ability of the player and also real time stamina of the players should also taked in consideration while chasing the ball and most importantly the fielding near the boundary line is so sloppy,everytine the fielders messes by catching and falling behind the line,It would be great if u take steps to correct this error and increase the chance of catching for the fielders at the boundary line by their real time fielding statistics.(Eg:players like glenn maxwell,brendon mccullum,chris lynn,dwane bravo,kiern pollard,suresh raina,faf duplessis,ab de villiars,virat kholi,steve smith etc are should have the best fielding ability in the game,thier chances for catching difficult chances must be high whereas some sloppy fielders in real time cricket must have low ability to catch based on their real time statistics!)

6)Umpiring error must be reduced.There are may poor umpiring for edges in career mode,which can be reduced,as D.R.S is not applicable in First Class Cricket.
The introduction of D.R.S in the game was very much appreciatable.congrauts mate!.

7)Intresting signs and entertaining little little incidents can be programed amoung spectators of various countries and can be shown in big screen! That would add intrese while changing deliveries and overs.

8)The attributes of players should be uptodate.Their Helmet,Bat,Pads,Gloves, should be upto date and introducing of LED lighting stumps would be great!.and also the walking manners and celebration style of different players can be programed according to their real time manners so it creates intrest amoung individual player fans!Fielding teams wicket celebration style can also be made according to real time celebration of players.!(Gangnam dance,Indian dance,Salsa moves,running over ground,sliding to the ground etc)

9)Graphic quality of stadiums and spectators can be made better.

10) Intresting sound tracks can be added,spectators sound can be made realistic,and importantly More real time commentators voice can be added from commentators all over the world,too from subcontinents.

11)Injuries can be added in test cricket by repeated contact of ball to the head or fingers by deadly bouncers , short balls etc.

12)National anthems can be used for icc events which creates passion amoung national fans.

13)Batting can be made harder and based on real time statistics of the players.

14)Graphical representation of player statistics can be shown while a player enters to bat or bowl.

15)Sledging can be introduced in test cricket based on the ability of the bowler based on real time sledging players.

16)Funny incidents may be added by addition of matches interupted by streakers,animals,sloppiness of batsman while running etc and commentating should be given funny based on those incidents which creates entertainment during Matches.

17)Spectators signing 4's and 6's based on the shots delivered.
Singing and dancing among the crouds creates interest.

18)Cheer girls in IPL can be introduced and shown if sixes were hit.

19)Doughouts for respective teams can be made as real time in t20 format along the boundary line and be shown in camera at regular intervals with suitable comment.

20)Important personalities or retired stars can be shown in spectators during any finals or knockout matches of famous tournament that adds interest during strategic breaks.

21)Celebration after winning a cup should be made more realistic and with lots of fun with perfect graphics would be great.

22)AI teams can give away some extras as we do!

I assume u'd see this post & take this into your consideration.It would be great if u do so.
Thankyou.
-from a lovable cricket fan.

Last edited:
in career mode once you make it to national side the motivation is reduced to play more and I started more careers, would like if after making to national side there is more to achieve

@BigAntStudios @HBK619 @MattW

FEATURES WE WANT TO SEE -
1.Reverse swing
2.reduce the difficulty in carrier mode (i want to be play as a rookie throughout the carrier) (I WANT IT BADLY)
3.different bowling actions
4.injury if ball has hit(should depend on it's strength while creating player
5.A player should have a option to rest/play domestic match
6.Ability to change your batting order in career mode when you (as a career play player) become captain.
7.include U-19 in carrier mode
8.WORLD CUP T20 AND ODI'S AND DAY NIGHT CRICKET WITH PINK BALL.
9. CONTROL A SINGLE PLAYER IN CASUAL PLAYER RATHER THAN THE WHOLE TEAM !!
10. HOPING THAT BALL WOULD CARRY TO THE SLIPS

Nearly half the items on your list are already in DBC 14...

Here are some of my Suggestions that can be applied in Don Bradman Cricket series future games.My suggestions may please you or even make u think overambitious. I love cricket much,and i expect a game developed very close to being real.thank you
Career mode:

1)Storytelling :
The career mode can start from the basic itself (i.e) it can start from a baby.This can be visualised through graphics in way of storytelling like the baby's parents were fans of cricket.,They watch cricket games along with the baby on television at the starting stage.,Then after becoming a 4 or 5 years child ,their parents bring him to a iconic cricket ground and watching a match from stadium along with other spectators(can be visualised by graphics from a spectators view of a realbased match of any main event),Then they got him cricket toys,games,jerseys etc.
Then when he became big enough as a 10 year old kid,he plays street cricket or backyard cricket along with his friends(From here,the gamers can be given control to play at this stage-both batting,bowling and fielding).
Then when he becomes a 14 year old teen ,He plays for his school team where he should play well to get noticed and should win games for his school team(is also played by gamers).
Then when he become a 18 year old ,He goes for selection of his college team where he should show his skills to the experts to get selected to the college team and should play the tournament well to get noticed at national level.
When he performs well,he should be selected for either national under 19 team or any domestic teams based on statistics.
Then he should prove well in each tournaments to get selected for the national side.
Then when he performs well in national side,he gets contracts for popular domestic leagues from all over the world such as IPL,Big Bash etc.
Then after winning such trophies with respective teams he should focus on nation team for winning major series, main icc tournaments such as T20 world cup,champions trophy and then finally world cup.
Thus the carrier mode finishes after winning the world cup for his national side.
If his domestic team fails to win certain cup,he should try next season or may get transferred to other clubs if his performance was not upto the clubs mark.
I he doesn't perform well in consecutive matches , he should be benched for 3,4 matches and should practice well in the nets and at the ground and perform well at practice matches to gain back his place in the playing 11.If again failed, he should be given chance at the end of the season,if he fails again he should be removed out of the squad.
Then he should practice well at the nets,at basic leagues,domestic leagues ,creating any special milestones to attract the selectors and then should make a comeback to his team after certain gap of months or years based on his bad form.
If he performs well,their parents will call him over the phone greeting him,and he should get more sponsors, advertisements to act,girlfriend etc..some blizzes to attract fans.It should include some open gameplays like controlling the players decision,movement, etc by providing some open world features inside the sport acadamy, ground ,stafium etc, actions like celebrating the win by any style choosen by the gamer,taking selfies with the spectators,giving autographs,dancing,etc

If he performs bad,parents call him consoling and advicing him to practice well.

In main events or tournament finals parents,girlfriend should come to the stadium to watch the match which should be captured in big screen between overs.

During the comeback,the training sessions , gym sessions should be provided as a open world with lots of features to gain attention like practicing manually in the nets as well as at the ground, fielding practice with his mates,jogging around the ground early morning,gym session,hairstyling,tatooing at the shops etc.
Wining moments should be geartly picturised and some manual features should also be added when winning a trophy like kussing the trophy,dancing with it, running along the ground,picking the senior player or caption or coach on the shoulders,beer celebration etc.
parents ,girlfriend should come to the ground along for celebration etc.
Career mode should be provided for every cricket playing nation with few major cities and stadiums allotted to their nation.
That will provide a great attraction among the cricket fans.
Career's Difficulty level should be auto-increasing based on the players progress.
Starting of the career (i.e)Early stages of the career may be made difficult for players to play as they should spend more times in practise sesssions(Net & Ground),and the difficulty level should made based on the statistics of the players in practise sessions.(PRACTICE SESSIONS CAN PROVIDE RESPECTIVE CHALLENGES AS FOR BATSMEN AND BOWLERS WHICH INCREASES THE RATING OF THE CAREER PLAYER WHICH IN RETURN SHOULD INCREASE THE PLAYER ABILITY)
In Career,weather,pitch type,audience,gamplay should be unpredictable at every matches.
Player should play very carefully to perform well in each match.
Gameplay should be perfect.
Thanking you.

1)Storytelling :
The career mode can start from the basic itself (i.e) it can start from a baby.This can be visualised through graphics in way of storytelling like the baby's parents were fans of cricket.,They watch cricket games along with the baby on television at the starting stage.,Then after becoming a 4 or 5 years child ,their parents bring him to a iconic cricket ground and watching a match from stadium along with other spectators(can be visualised by graphics from a spectators view of a

No, this is a cricket game not one of those weird visual novels that are on steam, wait a minute has that been done before? Add a love interest and some dating sim elements and we might have a hit on our hands here!

I love how 'gameplay should be perfect' is basically an afterthought.
haha!!coz i kno it can't!
Gameplay can't be cent perfect in cricket games,as AIplayers and teams in cricketing games released till now,can't be able to adapt to the situations required.
Also priorly the developpers would be working mainly on Gameplay.So I added it last.
Bytheway Thanks mate...for reading such a long reply ;)

Also today i came through a thread,May be it'll settle the gameplay!
Designing an AI Engine for Cricket
Discussion in 'Don Bradman Cricket 17 Forum' started by gideon_swrd, Jul 5, 2016.

Users who are viewing this thread