Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

No, this is a cricket game not one of those weird visual novels that are on steam, wait a minute has that been done before? Add a love interest and some dating sim elements and we might have a hit on our hands here!

yes,This is a cricket game and a true cricket fan would love it anyway!
For us Gameplay is important without much bugs and errors with some acceptable AI and neat graphics.
But for those who say cricket is a boring sport and it's games are boring too,Such features can add some interest,Making this game gain more attention among all fans & buisness it more by adding more Addonfeatures excluding the coregame,which can be stimulated at any stage during the game.Features like,Making players some openground moves during practices,Being a spectator to a match with some defined graphics,some taunts during gameplay,some better creative Visual replies,stadium representations and addons etc,can gain some more porpularity to the cricket brand games! and add interest for other developers to develop more cricket games which is way too lacking :(

During Batting,A new feature can be added,say something like a bar or meter which indicates the CONFIDENCE level of the batsman,which alows him to play defencive,orthodox,lofted and unorthodox shots etc based on the amount of confidence level he gained by facing and striking the ball from the time he came to crease which inturn should also be based on the situtaion during which he arrives to the crease,(say,standard confidence level should be given when the Req.RR is low or medium,and slightly higher confidence should be awarded if the Req.RR is high)
[The confidence meter should be gained by facing more number of balls & by hitting the ball decently with correct timing without being sloggy.
for example:In ODI's the confidence level of the batsman should increase according to his international statistics in real time by facing certain amout of balls.
whereas in TEST cricket,the meter should increase at a very slower pace compared to ODI's & T20's and must increase by facing more number of balls playing defence & without logging.
In T20's the confidence level should be given a little high at the starting itself as per the statistics of the player in real time,as it is the shortest format of the game, the bar should increase at a decent pace compared to other formats ]

Bowlers should also have a bar indicating the confidence to bowl special deliveries according to the real time ability of the player such as reverse swinging,slow ball,inswinging yorker,Doosra,Carrom ball etc,which should be gained by bowling 3-5 consecutive dot balls & by creating pressure to the batting side by picking wickets.

No, this is a cricket game not one of those weird visual novels that are on steam, wait a minute has that been done before? Add a love interest and some dating sim elements and we might have a hit on our hands here!

If I'm not wrong there was a company trying to make a title 'Cricket Life', which was going to have all these elements. No sign of them ever since BA had announced DBC.

If I'm not wrong there was a company trying to make a title 'Cricket Life', which was going to have all these elements. No sign of them ever since BA had announced DBC.
Thats interesting!!
Good to hear someothers too have interest in developing cricketing games!
I'll look for it,Share it here, if u hav some info about it!

On a scale of 1/10 how 'anime' was it? anything under a 9.9 wont work. :p

During Batting,A new feature can be added,say something like a bar or meter which indicates the CONFIDENCE level of the batsman,which alows him to play defencive,orthodox,lofted and unorthodox shots etc based on the amount of confidence level he gained by facing and striking the ball from the time he came to crease which inturn should also be based on the situtaion during which he arrives to the crease,(say,standard confidence level should be given when the Req.RR is low or medium,and slightly higher confidence should be awarded if the Req.RR is high)
[The confidence meter should be gained by facing more number of balls & by hitting the ball decently with correct timing without being sloggy.
for example:In ODI's the confidence level of the batsman should increase according to his international statistics in real time by facing certain amout of balls.
whereas in TEST cricket,the meter should increase at a very slower pace compared to ODI's & T20's and must increase by facing more number of balls playing defence & without logging.
In T20's the confidence level should be given a little high at the starting itself as per the statistics of the player in real time,as it is the shortest format of the game, the bar should increase at a decent pace compared to other formats ]

Bowlers should also have a bar indicating the confidence to bowl special deliveries according to the real time ability of the player such as reverse swinging,slow ball,inswinging yorker,Doosra,Carrom ball etc,which should be gained by bowling 3-5 consecutive dot balls & by creating pressure to the batting side by picking wickets.

First off i just wanna say dont worry about having an opinion mate, theres always some scumbags that feel the need to try and belitle others for no good reason, after all everyone has a right to to suggest what him or her would like. So keep posting :D

I do like this idea, confidence plays a massive part in a real players performance (Think of the Mitchell johnson's and glenn Maxwell's of the world, absolute world beaters when they were full of confidence). I do believe there is a confidence system system already in the game, but there needs to be a detailed tutorial in the next game explaining how it works (And hopefully alot more tutorials). Hopefully its abit more dynamic in terms of match situation and players form and\Or overall ability next time round.

P.s in regards to your idea of a narrative based career; i wouldnt mind something similar to mlb the show road to the show.

*Example you would start off in the national U/19's competition and play;
* 3x 4day games
*3x one day games
*3x 20/20 games
And based on your performances you could be offered a contract on any of the states/counties one day roster and/or 4day roster and/or 20/20 roster, so it would be possible to only recieve a contract for a specific roster based on your performances in different match types. And maybe even money based contracts where you could go to the highest bidding team, and the money could be used for hiring personal coaches or equipment to boost boost skills. Maybe? And maybe?

*awards ceremony eg player of the year, team of the year, batting-bowling avgs and aggs, international player of the year and team of the year
*batting,bowling,drs use, and fielding skill games-match scenarios
*20/20 franchise mode and/or team career mode
*different bowling and batting techniques
*similar to mlb the show- analogue and button control configs for batting and bowling (especially spin bowling)
*adjust wk and slips cordon back-forward for all types of bowlers
*consign a button to free batsman to wherever you want (maybe l3 or r1 or l1, heck even something like fallout 4 where you can consign an action-shot to any button you wish)
*just to elaborate on the free batsman button, the use of the crease these days is turning into a neccesity in coloured clothes cricket, a good example of player using there crease is AB dev (anyone who witnessed he's 150 odd off 50 odd balls against wi I think, prior to 2015 WC) will get this... I'd get rid of the advance button its too 1 dimensional, and just have a manual approach, hold a button and direct batsman with analog stick to move into positions...

P.p.s perfect ai :D

Last edited:
First off i just wanna say dont worry about having an opinion mate, theres always some scumbags that feel the need to try and belitle others for no good reason, after all everyone has a right to to suggest what him or her would like. So keep posting :D

I do like this idea, confidence plays a massive part in a real players performance (Think of the Mitchell johnson's and glenn Maxwell's of the world, absolute world beaters when they were full of confidence). I do believe there is a confidence system system already in the game, but there needs to be a detailed tutorial in the next game explaining how it works (And hopefully alot more tutorials). Hopefully its abit more dynamic in terms of match situation and players form and\Or overall ability next time round.

P.s in regards to your idea of a narrative based career; i wouldnt mind something similar to mlb the show road to the show.

*Example you would start off in the national U/19's competition and play;
* 3x 4day games
*3x one day games
*3x 20/20 games
And based on your performances you could be offered a contract on any of the states/counties one day roster and/or 4day roster and/or 20/20 roster, so it would be possible to only recieve a contract for a specific roster based on your performances in different match types. And maybe even money based contracts where you could go to the highest bidding team, and the money could be used for hiring personal coaches or equipment to boost boost skills. Maybe? And maybe?

*awards ceremony eg player of the year, team of the year, batting-bowling avgs and aggs, international player of the year and team of the year
*batting,bowling,drs use, and fielding skill games-match scenarios
*20/20 franchise mode and/or team career mode
*different bowling and batting techniques
*similar to mlb the show- analogue and button control configs for batting and bowling (especially spin bowling)
*adjust wk and slips cordon back-forward for all types of bowlers
*consign a button to free batsman to wherever you want (maybe l3 or r1 or l1, heck even something like fallout 4 where you can consign an action-shot to any button you wish)
*just to elaborate on the free batsman button, the use of the crease these days is turning into a neccesity in coloured clothes cricket, a good example of player using there crease is AB dev (anyone who witnessed he's 150 odd off 50 odd balls against wi I think, prior to 2015 WC) will get this... I'd get rid of the advance button its too 1 dimensional, and just have a manual approach, hold a button and direct batsman with analog stick to move into positions...

P.p.s perfect ai :D

Ha!ha! U r correct mate!
After ur post,It seems that some1 from those who u said about, showed his head
P.s:N.o,J.f.f.✌️

Appreciate ur ideas mate!

(*And maybe even money based contracts where you could go to the highest bidding team, and the money could be used for hiring personal coaches or equipment to boost boost skills. Maybe? And maybe?*)
-This is a great idea it seems!
Using the contract money for hiring coaches nd boosting skills,etc seems more reasonable!

(*awards ceremony eg player of the year, team of the year, batting-bowling avgs and aggs, international player of the year and team of the year)
-Ya ,i too thought of this idea-giving the career player ratings nd ranking hime along with other realtime players and awarding player of the year etc are awsome ideas!!which can be taken by BA

No idea about mlb
Never watched it

Freeing batsman may end in complexity of controlling
Alredy DBC controlls are complex
It make them way more complex

Good ideas though ✌️

Users who are viewing this thread