Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Multiple bats can also be a good feature...asquite often you would see batsmen calling for anpther bat because they dont feel comfortable with the one they are using or if one becomes broken or fractured

Im currently watching CPL so thats where all these suggetions are coming from....if anyone was wondering...so there might be more coming

I am a pure cricket game lover and is playing DBC 14 since the date of release and can give an expert opinion on the game.
First of all I would writ about the flaws of DBC 14 which are covered by the shadow of its greatness.

1. When you exit to main menu after playing a casual match it takes too long to do so and finally you have to open task manager to shut the game down.
2.The AI players play only one type of cricket not according to the situations that should changed and I am sure that's possible.
3. If you play an advanced shot it can only be lofted not a grounded advanced shot is playable.

Now come to suggestions for DBC 17

1. In the game, although controlled by AI, is a human but he gives 98 per cent of the decisions perfect as if he is a machine and so the DRS factor is totally out of the picture, the amount of correct decisions by the umpire should be reduced so that the players think about taking reivews and all that.
2. In the BIG ANT REVIEW SYSTEM there should also be an option for hotspot and RTS to verify the decision of not taking a review.
3. There should be many more edges of the bat that carry to the slips especially with the new ball .
4. There should be more than two commentators and they should be known not like MATTHEW HILL and DAVID BASHEER.
5. The career player should have the authority of playing the match or not and there should be a team meeting before the match and an award giving ceremony both should be optional and if we are giving an interview we should speak ourselves on our microphone after listening the questions.
6. It should not be easy to hit sixes on every ball like Cricket 07.
7. The ANT VISION technology should improve , even a bouncer goes on to hit the stumps

On the graphics side i think we need improved overlay...possibly different ones depending on the series or the type of match being played...maybe even the possibility of customizing our own...im just spitting suggestions

I am a pure cricket game lover and is playing DBC 14 since the date of release and can give an expert opinion on the game.
First of all I would writ about the flaws of DBC 14 which are covered by the shadow of its greatness.

1. When you exit to main menu after playing a casual match it takes too long to do so and finally you have to open task manager to shut the game down.
2.The AI players play only one type of cricket not according to the situations that should changed and I am sure that's possible.
3. If you play an advanced shot it can only be lofted not a grounded advanced shot is playable.

Did you buy the game?

1.i want the ball should out and in swing from the same spot. in DBC 14 when inswinging the ball it's change it line and lenght. so it's of no use. in this image u can see that ball is outswing and inswing from the same spot can we have it as a feature.(image shown below)
2.gym facilty provided where player can do gyming,run in the stadium(practice along with team members) and improve his stamina,endurance
3. and please reduce the career difficulty.if a player want to be play as a rookie let him be .(give this feature to the user) do not force him to play difficult cricket.user come here enjoy let him be !!
download.jpg
download.jpg

download.jpg

Nearly half the items on your list are already in DBC 14...
i want the 2nd.3rd badly plus celebration by player after taking wicket (different countries celebrate in different way) .
+ a bowler can outswing and inswing by pitching the ball on the same spot in DBC 14 the line changes if a player is IN
Hey there!I'd like to share some of my suggestions for your upcoming game DBC'17
My suggestions may please you or even make u laugh for some overambitious suggestions,coz i love cricket much,and i expect a game developed very close to being real.thank you
I'am a big fan of cricket and cricket games.
I used to play EA cricket games so long until your game bradman cricket 14 arrived at the market.
I was so much fascinated and attracted to the game. I was eagerly awaiting for its pc version release with so much expectations.To my satisfaction the game was way way better than old cricket games.The graphics were good.Gameplay was amazing,especially the innovative bowling technique!Guys,u just rocked the game.The career was the best part.There were many errors too.bt it was overshadowed by its success.I wish your next game(DBC'17) will have some improvements in the following sections.
1)Graphics.(will be better with real time face and body type of players of every team ariund the world rather than only Aussies).
2)Licensed players and Important stadiums in every nation can be licenced and designes as real time stadiums.That would attract nation wise and native wise fans.Also logos and named of each National and domestic teams of each nation must br accurate so as to gain more support among the fans!

3)During Batting,A new bar can be added which indicates the CONFIDENCE meter of the batsman,which alows him to play lofted and unorthodox shots freely,in which the meter increases by the number of balls faced by the batsman.(for example:In ODI's the confidence level of the batsman increases according to his international statistics in real time by facing cretain amout of balls.,whereas in TEST cricket the meter increases at a very slow pace and increases by facing many number of balls without edging.,In T20's the confidence level should be given a little at the starting itself as it is a shortest format of the game, the bar should increase at a greater pace than test and odi's.)

4)Bowlers should also have a bar indicating the confidence to bowl special deliveries such as the real time ability of the player as reverse swinging,slow ball,inswinging yorker etc,which gains by bowling 3-4 consecutive dot balls and by creatinv pressure to the batsman.

5)Improvement in fielding should be made,as it was so unreal in donbradmancricket 14,A greater improvement in fielding must be made to gain more success.The catching ability should be based on real time ability of the player and also real time stamina of the players should also taked in consideration while chasing the ball and most importantly the fielding near the boundary line is so sloppy,everytine the fielders messes by catching and falling behind the line,It would be great if u take steps to correct this error and increase the chance of catching for the fielders at the boundary line by their real time fielding statistics.(Eg:players like glenn maxwell,brendon mccullum,chris lynn,dwane bravo,kiern pollard,suresh raina,faf duplessis,ab de villiars,virat kholi,steve smith etc are should have the best fielding ability in the game,thier chances for catching difficult chances must be high whereas some sloppy fielders in real time cricket must have low ability to catch based on their real time statistics!)

6)Umpiring error must be reduced.There are may poor umpiring for edges in career mode,which can be reduced,as D.R.S is not applicable in First Class Cricket.
The introduction of D.R.S in the game was very much appreciatable.congrauts mate!.

7)Intresting signs and entertaining little little incidents can be programed amoung spectators of various countries and can be shown in big screen! That would add intrese while changing deliveries and overs.

8)The attributes of players should be uptodate.Their Helmet,Bat,Pads,Gloves, should be upto date and introducing of LED lighting stumps would be great!.and also the walking manners and celebration style of different players can be programed according to their real time manners so it creates intrest amoung individual player fans!Fielding teams wicket celebration style can also be made according to real time celebration of players.!(Gangnam dance,Indian dance,Salsa moves,running over ground,sliding to the ground etc)

9)Graphic quality of stadiums and spectators can be made better.

10) Intresting sound tracks can be added,spectators sound can be made realistic,and importantly More real time commentators voice can be added from commentators all over the world,too from subcontinents.

11)Injuries can be added in test cricket by repeated contact of ball to the head or fingers by deadly bouncers , short balls etc.

12)National anthems can be used for icc events which creates passion amoung national fans.

13)Batting can be made harder and based on real time statistics of the players.

14)Graphical representation of player statistics can be shown while a player enters to bat or bowl.

15)Sledging can be introduced in test cricket based on the ability of the bowler based on real time sledging players.

16)Funny incidents may be added by addition of matches interupted by streakers,animals,sloppiness of batsman while running etc and commentating should be given funny based on those incidents which creates entertainment during Matches.

17)Spectators signing 4's and 6's based on the shots delivered.
Singing and dancing among the crouds creates interest.

18)Cheer girls in IPL can be introduced and shown if sixes were hit.

19)Doughouts for respective teams can be made as real time in t20 format along the boundary line and be shown in camera at regular intervals with suitable comment.

20)Important personalities or retired stars can be shown in spectators during any finals or knockout matches of famous tournament that adds interest during strategic breaks.

21)Celebration after winning a cup should be made more realistic and with lots of fun with perfect graphics would be great.

22)AI teams can give away some extras as we do!

I assume u'd see this post & take this into your consideration.It would be great if u do so.
Thankyou.
-from a lovable cricket fan.
swinging the ball
and i also want

Haven't been around for a bit haven't read back BUT if not already mentioned... to be able to select opening bowlers for AI to prevent the ridiculous spin bowlers opening... only ever seen that once for real Dipak Patel for NZ in the 1992 World Cup !!

There's always going to be that very odd occasion for tactical reasons in club cricket and on the sub-continent but have you ever seen an Ashes series where Lyon, Warne, Zampa, Ali, Panesar etc etc opening the bowling??? nope me neither ;) DBC14 great game DBC17 will better it I'm sure but some of these annoying "little" issues need sorting.

1.i want the ball should out and in swing from the same spot. in DBC 14 when inswinging the ball it's change it line and lenght. so it's of no use. in this image u can see that ball is outswing and inswing from the same spot can we have it as a feature.

There are two ways a ball will swing. One is off the air and the other off the pitch. What you see in game is the swing off the air. The swing off the pitch is also present but comparatively less visible probably. But you can always try cutters if you want to change directions off the pitch.

There's always going to be that very odd occasion for tactical reasons in club cricket and on the sub-continent but have you ever seen an Ashes series where Lyon, Warne, Zampa, Ali, Panesar etc etc opening the bowling??? nope me neither ;) DBC14 great game DBC17 will better it I'm sure but some of these annoying "little" issues need sorting.

Id say it would happen, even intl matches, every now and then... 4th innings of a test match, pitch condusive of spin..etc. But probably not as much as it happens in dbc of course!

Edit: pretty sure anil kumble did it a fair bit

Last edited:
There are two ways a ball will swing. One is off the air and the other off the pitch. What you see in game is the swing off the air. The swing off the pitch is also present but comparatively less visible probably. But you can always try cutters if you want to change directions off the pitch.
but rather than the cutters i want to inswing the ball from the same spot and DBC 17 should include this feature.

Long time player of DBC14 and loved it, but reckon I could play the game for twice/three times as long if these were made a part of DBC17

- In player career mode, having a main menu calendar of all the matches, tournaments etc... so you can see when the games are coming up, time off and stuff, as oppossed to just having the next match pop up
- World rankings, both team and player, for international formats. The game can lose a bit of interest once you start playing international cricket
- Obviously changing international lineups
- A career manager mode would be awesome, where you can take control of a state/international team and play their seasons, but controlling the entire team. Choosing 18 man squads for tours of India/South Africa would be so much fun, plus appointing captains of the formats, have player moral, team chemistry etc...

Essentially take the best things from Cricket Captain games, merge them with an NBA 2k16 myGM mode, and bring together awesomeness

Thoughts?

- World rankings, both team and player, for international formats. The game can lose a bit of interest once you start playing international cricket
I really hope there is an international rankings system and also world tournaments. Would add some purpose to all the international games.

Users who are viewing this thread