Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

The only thing wrong with the mechanics behind career mode to me is the fixed teams. The fact that you come in, say, as a number 9 batsman in every team isn't a good thing - I've noticed that when I get to England, I'm going to kick Out either Broad or Anderson, which isn't what should happen, I should instead replace Tredwell/Panesar, or the third seamer if its a spinners paradise.

The way that I would do this is perhaps rather than have a precise number, have a general area that you prefer to bat in. Selection should be dynamic: openers shouldn't debut at higher levels at 1/2 but lower down (think Joe Root on the 2012/13 India and both New Zealand tours). It should also depend on the location of the tour and the pitch that you play on - as a spinner, your debut should be as second spinner on spinning wickets and you should have to prove that you should be sole spinner.

I'd personally add a second xi level to the bottom with randomly generated younger players, and make this the lowest level that you can drop to, and have the game move you based on performance. You can move up to the firsts and to international cricket; but it should be performance based and if you start playing shite, then you get demoted. Not based on one game mind, on longer term trends.

An example that comes to mind is Road to the Show in MLB the show. I'm not sure how 14 handles it: but in 13 you start as a starter Double A level (the third tier in Baseball, but there's no international stuff to worry about) and that's the lowest that you can slip to. You go up and down based on meeting goals (two of them are based on investing points in your stats which I don't like, but two are based on batting/pitching performance; they're generally pretty easy). The batting order is dynamic; my 1B power hitter started out at 8 and ended up at 4 which is pretty good for a power guy. Now, cricket is more dynamic and has more options (multiple bowlers and types of bowlers, the pitch plays a role etc), but having some AI when selecting teams is something that other sports games have done for years in franchise style mode, and it would make career mode a lot more immersive. It'd also add a layer if injuries became a factor - you might get a chance just because a key player is out...

Player evolution and retirements/regens would also be pretty nice as well: I can't see Jimmy Anderson playing for 20 more years... The academy gives you an option to make this easy: if you don't randomly generate, perhaps randomly select unlinked, fictional academy players?

just thought of a couple more as im standing at the non-strikers end...:lol

1.) different teams for odi/fc/t20 in career mod, and the ability to change em.
2.) if you're batting great and someone above you is going AWFUL, you can get offered the option of going above them.
3.) team-mates getting dropped.

i'm saying this is the middle of some major frustration as my batting partner is losing me a one-day game:mad

I was just going through this particular web page The complete guide to cricket field settings | Cricket coaching, fitness and tips , here they have mentioned about how a captain should plan a field and ask the bowler to bowl according to the field. Here you have different types of bowlers bowling at different stages of the match and in different conditions. When you choose a particular field type, they tell you where to ball , where not to bowl and how to bat against the field. So if any game can capture this , it will be the most realistic game ever, where you see proper field sets and proper mode of dismissals. This is how it can be implemented, bowling team ( be it AI or human) gets to choose a fielding plan and will try to bowl according to the plan. When a human player chooses the field, hints should be provided about where to ball, the variations he can try and where not to ball. When the bowler misses the target, it should land in the where not to ball zone ,thereby making it easy for the batsman to hit it. Also when human players bat against a plan, hints should be provided how to bat against the field. Hints can be taken out at higher difficulties making the game more challenging. In short the game should require you to choose a field, bowl accordingly to a plan and when you bat against it , bat accordingly to a plan. When a bowler misses the plan will leaks runs and when batsman misses the plan gets out. When the plan doesn't work, AI captain should be more patient in a test match but should act more proactively in a T20 match switching to a different plan. This should be the main priority in the game with others features and customization being secondary.

Thanks and Regards,
Raymond.

Don Bradman Cricket Ultimate Team?

So i was thinking it would be cool if there was a Fifa style ultimate team format i the next edition of DBC.

You would start out with a random low qaulity sqaud and earn coins for each game based on performance.

Then there would be a transfer market were players can be purchsed. I dont think this should be auction format with live bidders but we would have to buy from the AI at a fixed price and then later be able to sell the payer back to the AI at a lower or higher price depending on the performance of that player.

Teams will have to work their way through the different divisios perhaps aroun 5 divisions.

Your thoughts?

So i was thinking it would be cool if there was a Fifa style ultimate team format i the next edition of DBC.

You would start out with a random low qaulity sqaud and earn coins for each game based on performance.

Then there would be a transfer market were players can be purchsed. I dont think this should be auction format with live bidders but we would have to buy from the AI at a fixed price and then later be able to sell the payer back to the AI at a lower or higher price depending on the performance of that player.

Teams will have to work their way through the different divisios perhaps aroun 5 divisions.

Your thoughts?

I don't see any reason why you couldn't set this up yourself.

Your thoughts?
From memory, @Ross mentioned in the twistie3 livestream that they would have to wait and get licenses before they could do an ultimate team format.

1.) different teams for odi/fc/t20 in career mod, and the ability to change em.

You can have the 1st part of this. If you go into the academy and edit the domestic and international sides you're going to represent before you start the career you can set a line up for each format. It only takes effect for careers started after the change though.

I don't see any reason why you couldn't set this up yourself.

How so?

----------

From memory, @Ross mentioned in the twistie3 livestream that they would have to wait and get licenses before they could do an ultimate team format.

Hmmm..You bloody need a licence for everything these days. :mad

BigAnt could possibly profit from doing something like this, if they offer coins for sale similar to Fifa Points.

I just want to see smart, competitive AI. No more. If they can achieve this holy grail of cricket games then it can be stick figures and Ill be happy.

Is it unachievable?

How so?

----------

Hmmm..You bloody need a licence for everything these days. :mad

BigAnt could possibly profit from doing something like this, if they offer coins for sale similar to Fifa Points.

Create a team in the cricket academy, decide what is required to get a coin and how many coins specific things are worth, then play tours against other created club teams and eventually work your way up (both as a team and individual players) until you have enough coins/points to play against the on disk test teams. Not that difficult.

The only thing wrong with the mechanics behind career mode to me is the fixed teams. The fact that you come in, say, as a number 9 batsman in every team isn't a good thing - I've noticed that when I get to England, I'm going to kick Out either Broad or Anderson, which isn't what should happen, I should instead replace Tredwell/Panesar, or the third seamer if its a spinners paradise.

The way that I would do this is perhaps rather than have a precise number, have a general area that you prefer to bat in. Selection should be dynamic: openers shouldn't debut at higher levels at 1/2 but lower down (think Joe Root on the 2012/13 India and both New Zealand tours). It should also depend on the location of the tour and the pitch that you play on - as a spinner, your debut should be as second spinner on spinning wickets and you should have to prove that you should be sole spinner.

I'd personally add a second xi level to the bottom with randomly generated younger players, and make this the lowest level that you can drop to, and have the game move you based on performance. You can move up to the firsts and to international cricket; but it should be performance based and if you start playing shite, then you get demoted. Not based on one game mind, on longer term trends.

An example that comes to mind is Road to the Show in MLB the show. I'm not sure how 14 handles it: but in 13 you start as a starter Double A level (the third tier in Baseball, but there's no international stuff to worry about) and that's the lowest that you can slip to. You go up and down based on meeting goals (two of them are based on investing points in your stats which I don't like, but two are based on batting/pitching performance; they're generally pretty easy). The batting order is dynamic; my 1B power hitter started out at 8 and ended up at 4 which is pretty good for a power guy. Now, cricket is more dynamic and has more options (multiple bowlers and types of bowlers, the pitch plays a role etc), but having some AI when selecting teams is something that other sports games have done for years in franchise style mode, and it would make career mode a lot more immersive. It'd also add a layer if injuries became a factor - you might get a chance just because a key player is out...

Player evolution and retirements/regens would also be pretty nice as well: I can't see Jimmy Anderson playing for 20 more years... The academy gives you an option to make this easy: if you don't randomly generate, perhaps randomly select unlinked, fictional academy players?

Certainly agree about the first part. As an off spinning allrounder I just got called up to the test team, and replaced Matt Prior! Ian Bell has had to take the gloves. That's just silly.

This is possibly one of the best suggestions concerning the game I've ever read.

I just want to see smart, competitive AI. No more. If they can achieve this holy grail of cricket games then it can be stick figures and Ill be happy.

Is it unachievable?

IC10 review

Very good but we want more. We want stat tracking, we want depth, we want bouncers that don?t get hit off the front foot for 6, we want better AI pacing and situational assessment, we want players to take fewer than 10 seconds to turn back when you cancel a run and, most of all, we want to feel like we?re playing a real simulation of a cricket match. Is that asking too much? Probably.

Users who are viewing this thread