FOOTBALL Fifa 11

Will you buy FIFA 11?

• Total voters
I think the game is fantastic. Although it's almost unplayable on manual.

Yeah, I used to think that, but it just takes time getting used to - at least that was my experience. Game is great though - even the PC version for a change and if they are bringing back Football Fusion, that'll put the icing on what is already a very nice cake!

I'm currently trying to drag Charlton out of League One. :)

I played a lot of games with Napoli on manual, but I had to have it on professional. I only conceeded 6 goals because I found defending too easy but I only scored 9 because attack on manual was too hard for me! (this was after 16 or so games). Changed to fully assisted and pumped it up to world class and i'm getting more realistic results for myself.

Although manual may work for others, as much as I tried, I couldn't get a realistic scores with it.

How about these for two cracking goals. Both in the same game; ended up beating my mate 5-1. Just had to upload them, even if it goes under my mates account.

Cahill Volley

Arteta Freekick

Thoroughly enjoyed playing it, although I never played a game against the CPU. It's good to see the new version still allows me to be top dog when it comes to playing my mate.

How about these for two cracking goals. Both in the same game; ended up beating my mate 5-1. Just had to upload them, even if it goes under my mates account.

Cahill Volley

Arteta Freekick

Thoroughly enjoyed playing it, although I never played a game against the CPU. It's good to see the new version still allows me to be top dog when it comes to playing my mate.

Nice goal by Cahill there. Looks similar to the goal that Van Persie scored against Charlton a few years ago.

After playing this game for a week and a half, I think its about time I changed my avvy.:D

Just finished my first season with Napoli. Min aim was 4th. I finished 5th on 72 points and Roma finished 4th on 72 points. Because we had the same points the board were competent that I achieved min aim.

Got offered to stay at Napoli with min aim top 2. Fiorentina offered me a job, as did Juve. I decided to take the Juventus job. And I suggest everyone plays with Juventus. So amazing playing with them in this version. Krasic is superb.

Well I went out today and bought...

PES2010 for a fiver.

Considered both FIFA 10 and 11 but wasn't prepared to pay ?40 for 11 and didn't see the point buying 10 when I have 9.

After playing this game for a week and a half, I think its about time I changed my avvy.:D

Indeed. :laugh

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 30 Seconds later...

Well I went out today and bought...

PES2010 for a fiver.

Considered both FIFA 10 and 11 but wasn't prepared to pay ?40 for 11 and didn't see the point buying 10 when I have 9.

PES 10 for ?5 - not a bad result. :)

Just finished the Premier League with Chelsea in Tournament Mode. I finished first with Manchester United getting second. Spurs and of all teams, Sunderland completing the top 4. On the other hand, Arsenal finished in 9th while Liverpool ended up in 17th after being in mid table after 19 games.

The one good thing is that the stamina has its effect this time around when playing the Premier League in the Tournament Mode. This wasn't the case in FIFA 10.

However, I noticed a few pathetic problems when going through the season. The first one would be the player's name bar showing the wrong player's name after making a substitution at half time. I started with Sturridge in a league game against Blackburn. At half time, I decided to bring him off for Milner. Then, whenever Milner have the ball in the second half, the name in bar displays Sturridge's name.

The next one is the fans. Whenever I'm playing a Home game and winning at half time, there will be boos when the first half ends. FIFA 10 wasn't like that. Then, whenever I'm winning an Away game at half time, I will not hear any boos from the opposition's home fans as compared to FIFA 10. This situation is rather annoying as the performances, whether you are playing badly or not will not have effect on the fans' in this game. This somewhat also applies at full time in a match and hearing the boos at the end of the game even if I win feels rather annoying.

The third point is related to the previous one which is the players' reaction at half time. Even if my team is winning at half time, they are behaving like as if they are losing. On the other hand, the opposition will be behaving like they are winning at half time. Again, this wasn't the case in FIFA 10.

Although I'm coming to terms with those problems as I play more but overall, it's rather disappointing this problems occurred when FIFA 10 did not have them. :facepalm

Last edited:
Got this on the PS3 and lost my first game last night after getting back from my trip to England. Started playing again this morning, whilst I should be working, and commenced a tournament mode with Manchester United. Got bored cos I wanted a challenge so decided to do a Manager Mode with Blackpool.

Started off well, although I almost had Wilshere on loan but cocked that up. I bought in Habib Beye to add in some experience, he cost me just under 2 mill. Then got Macheda and Boyata on loan. Won all 3 of my friendlies against Piacenza (3-2), Sporting Lisbon (1-0) and then S.C Olhanense (1-0).

The start to my Premier League campaign begins Man Utd (a), Man City (h), Liverpool (a), Everton (h) & then Chelsea (a). What a bitch of a start! Will be lucky if I come out with any points!

FIFA 11 is somewhat costly.

Bought PS3 version today but will have no time till Saturday to open the seal :P

Users who are viewing this thread