FOOTBALL Fifa 11

Will you buy FIFA 11?

• Total voters
Yeah gas what is career mode like from what they've said it seems like you can only control one player or some bs?

screw that i want to play with all 11 boys :spy

Got my copy this morning.

It looks so much better with high amounts of aa + af.

Started a manager mode with bristol rovers.

Finding it hard to break the defence down on world class. All 11 of their players sit outside the penalty area lol.

Think i need a lot of practice to score with anyone other than a striker 1 on 1.

You like it? For me, the main annoyance is the frequency of rainy matches in England - especially as the rain seems to have been of the torrential variety - the ball acts like the pitch is waterlogged in places. The modders will sort that out though - I think they're already on it.

If you're finding that the AI press too much, giving you no time on the ball, I found that playing on slow speed improves that a bit - while having no real effect on the actual speed of the game (?)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

oh and gas how many goal net types are there btw?

On PC? I've only seen one net shape, but I have seen a blue/white striped net as well as white, so there may well be many net colours in the game.

You like it? For me, the main annoyance is the frequency of rainy matches in England - especially as the rain seems to have been of the torrential variety - the ball acts like the pitch is waterlogged in places. The modders will sort that out though - I think they're already on it.

If you're finding that the AI press too much, giving you no time on the ball, I found that playing on slow speed improves that a bit - while having no real effect on the actual speed of the game (?)

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

On PC? I've only seen one net shape, but I have seen a blue/white striped net as well as white, so there may well be many net colours in the game.

If you go in visual settings you they have net sheep and tension settings (but i didn't see these in the PC version)

Also there are a lot of things in the 360/PS3 version that aren't in the PC one like the penalty system etc, is FIFA on pc basically FIFA 10 upgraded? this is what i'm hearing

If you go in visual settings you they have net sheep and tension settings (but i didn't see these in the PC version)

Also there are a lot of things in the 360/PS3 version that aren't in the PC one like the penalty system etc, is FIFA on pc basically FIFA 10 upgraded? this is what i'm hearing

I suppose it is, but it feels quite a bit better than Fifa 10 'NG' and light years ahead of Fifa 10 PC, of course. ;)

The game is such an improvement on 2010. Playing as Napoli on fully manual and professional. It feels so rewarding when I score as its so hard to break down the defence and extremely hard on manual.

Any chance of some tips regarding heading, and crossing.

No matter where or when i cross it always seems to end up out of reach of my players or in the keepers hands.

Also i dont think i have managed to win one header in the attacking half yet.
I try to jostle but it never works. As for jostling on crosses, i just dont have enough time so end up losing every header.

Its very frustrating. :facepalm

Thinking of picking this up later for Xbox 360 wondered whether i should bother. The last Fifa i bought was 09 on PS3 but my brother bought the WC game a few months ago. So should i get this or stick with playing on the WC game?

Last edited:
Just got the FIFA 11 PS 2 version two days ago. Started straight away with Legendary difficulty and I have to say the opposition are defending much better than before which is a good thing although it is frustrating at times. Also, the field looks a bit patchy when the camera is close to it. Like some of the new stadiums that were added in.

got it this morning and have to say, very impressed. The Ai is much better not only shutting down quicker but also making more of their chances. In previous games the attacking intent just wasnt there however now they create more chances and actually score them. Had the usual friendly first off to try it out winning 2-0 as Arsenal against Chelsea. After a game of be a keeper a started a manager mode with Leeds United. played 2 friendlies drawing 1-1 with stuttgart then beating Chicago Fire 2-1. Very good game so far very impressed with where they've gone with it.

Fifa 11 is broke, EA have broke it. Me and my mates can never find a game of Pro Clubs and EA are never the sort of people to fix things in their games; they've got their money already so they aren't going to break a sweat and bring an update out. Tossers.

I might be that unlike alot of people I couldn't give a ████ about online play. Games like Fifa weren't created to be online only and so a messed up online 2days after release doesn't bother me like others. The game is solid offline and so it is a good game.

Yeah it is solid, but it's not great. It's just a rehashed FIFA 10 with unbeatable defenders.

The defence isn't unbeatable, you just have to work at it more. You have to push them off and use the shield button. Not sure which version you're playing, but setting PC version on slow seemed to help with the AI pressure issue which could definitely do with being toned down a bit.

As for patches, the PC producer, who has been a frequent presence on the forums, has already said they're looking into a patch for the PC issues. He is easily the most helpful producer I've seen for any game.

Users who are viewing this thread