FOOTBALL Fifa 11

Will you buy FIFA 11?

• Total voters
Had a good play with this one, and I just didn't like it. Part of the problem I have with FIFA this year are the difficulties. In world class, the defence shut me down way too fast, but on professional it was just too easy. I was getting so many 0-0 draws. The changes to defence were made to make the game more authentic, but I just find them incredibly frustrating.

On the whole though, it played very similarly to FIFA 10 and I didn't like it much, plus there has been no word about fixing the manager mode. In FIFA 09, I played so much manager mode, and loved it because I could build my dream team whilst still playing games, but FIFA 10 made that impossible with the wage cap, plus it was buggy and boring.

Mind you, Be a Goalkeeper is outstanding. I hate Be a Pro, this is so much better.

Definitely not buying this one though. I may switch sides to PES, or I may give football a miss this year.

I've been playing this on PC because I don't have a TV with me at uni. I've been impressed but I have a bad feeling that this is going to get way too easy. I am already winning by hugeee margins on 'uber' difficulty. I just beat Juventus 8-1 with Leverkusen. Will buy the PS3 version later on though.

Had a good play with this one, and I just didn't like it. Part of the problem I have with FIFA this year are the difficulties. In world class, the defence shut me down way too fast, but on professional it was just too easy. I was getting so many 0-0 draws. The changes to defence were made to make the game more authentic, but I just find them incredibly frustrating.

On the whole though, it played very similarly to FIFA 10 and I didn't like it much, plus there has been no word about fixing the manager mode. In FIFA 09, I played so much manager mode, and loved it because I could build my dream team whilst still playing games, but FIFA 10 made that impossible with the wage cap, plus it was buggy and boring.

Mind you, Be a Goalkeeper is outstanding. I hate Be a Pro, this is so much better.

Definitely not buying this one though. I may switch sides to PES, or I may give football a miss this year.

I've been playing this on PC because I don't have a TV with me at uni. I've been impressed but I have a bad feeling that this is going to get way too easy. I am already winning by hugeee margins on 'uber' difficulty. I just beat Juventus 8-1 with Leverkusen. Will buy the PS3 version later on though.

Are you guys using manual passing? If you can thrash the AI 8-1 with full manual, then you must be one heck of a gamer. :yes

For me, Professional + Manual is providing a good challenge - maybe I'm just rubbish at the game, but I'm loving it all the same. :laugh

Edit: How the heck did you get 'Uber' difficulty?

I thought all the assisted settings and legendary was realistic this year. Last year I played on semi controls but the demo was good on assisted. Will have to make the deicsion when I get the full game though.

I thought all the assisted settings and legendary was realistic this year. Last year I played on semi controls but the demo was good on assisted. Will have to make the deicsion when I get the full game though.

I'm loving Fifa 11 PC demo on full manual passing, but full manual shooting is just too fiddly - you have to be so precise! So I'll go with manual everything except shooting - that's going on semi; it's still possible to make a mess of an easy chance on semi, so it's a good compromise.

I might try that when I play it next on the 360 and see how it goes. Hopefully I can get a good balance now so I can use it right away when it comes out haha.

I'll be smart and wait 'till after Xmas to get this I reckon. For now I'm happy trying to guide Everton to glory in MM.

I'm getting a fair amount of juddering with the demo - I have tried many combinations of settings, defrag, virus scan, CCleaner, demo reinstall and even changing the .exe's priority to normal (which helped a lot of people). There are quite a few people having the same problem. Two years in the making for this engine apparently as well - at least that's why they said we didn't have 'NG' last year. :facepalm

Strange - I'm not getting any problems with all settings maxed out.

Strange - I'm not getting any problems with all settings maxed out.

It is strange, but there are lots of people over in EA Land having the same problem. Luckily, I can play in Win XP where it's silky smooth - good thing I didn't uninstall it.

Got my copy this morning.

It looks so much better with high amounts of aa + af.

Started a manager mode with bristol rovers.

Finding it hard to break the defence down on world class. All 11 of their players sit outside the penalty area lol.

Think i need a lot of practice to score with anyone other than a striker 1 on 1.

Is career mode for ps2?:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread