FOOTBALL Fifa 11

Will you buy FIFA 11?

• Total voters
Well i just played Fifa 11 demo on the pc, and i have to say i think ill be cancelling my xbox fifa 11 order.

I run ridiculously high amounts of AA/AF on my Ati 5850 on fifa, making the graphics so smooth, i think id rather have that than the xbox jaggies.

Gameplay felt similar to fifa 10 on the xbox, but definitely improved from what i could tell in my limited game time.

So i go to shopto.net and play.com, and fifa 11 pc isn't even on their websites. Lol wut? :facepalm

It's at play.com mate, I just checked.

I'm getting a fair amount of juddering with the demo - I have tried many combinations of settings, defrag, virus scan, CCleaner, demo reinstall and even changing the .exe's priority to normal (which helped a lot of people). There are quite a few people having the same problem. Two years in the making for this engine apparently as well - at least that's why they said we didn't have 'NG' last year. :facepalm

The game is excellent though - try the demo extender, Gas!

I've decided I won't be buying it. Too much money considering I will now be having ?60 a week to live off and I may not even have a TV to play my PS3, so it becomes pointless anyway.

ah damn trev, we won't be able to have some classic online games.

So far it looks miles better than FIFA 10. The animations are much, much better. There are so many more options when attacking now - not just the same passes everytime. Goals from crosses are way more frequent, and heading is a lot better. The new be a goalkeeper looks pretty fun, but it's really hard. What are the actual controls for it lol? I'm just guessing at the moment.

The 3 minute halfs are the only negative about this demo. Once I'm into the game, the match is finished, and there are too many boring penalty shootouts. But at least they added the rematch option on the demo, and you can play as Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus, Lyon and Leverkusen! So you can't complain too much.

I've decided I won't be buying it. Too much money considering I will now be having ?60 a week to live off and I may not even have a TV to play my PS3, so it becomes pointless anyway.

No TV? You must be in some financial predicament; good luck with it all, hope you get it sorted out. :)

ah damn trev, we won't be able to have some classic online games.

So far it looks miles better than FIFA 10. The animations are much, much better. There are so many more options when attacking now - not just the same passes everytime. Goals from crosses are way more frequent, and heading is a lot better. The new be a goalkeeper looks pretty fun, but it's really hard. What are the actual controls for it lol? I'm just guessing at the moment.

The 3 minute halfs are the only negative about this demo. Once I'm into the game, the match is finished, and there are too many boring penalty shootouts. But at least they added the rematch option on the demo, and you can play as Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, Arsenal, Juventus, Lyon and Leverkusen! So you can't complain too much.

I played about 10 games today. Found some stuff I enjoyed in almost every one. The biggest bonuses are finishing and AI goalkeepers are so much more balanced - but it is harder to get in shots because the AI defence appears better. So pleased.

I much agree with you Mani. Animations look superb, passing is way better. The realism was amazing when I played a ball along the ground from my defence to my striker who ran towards it like they do irl, with the defender right running right next to him, making it hard to control the ball on the firsttouch. Unlike in FIFA 10 where the striker will stand there and the defender just goes in front of him and takes it (that is if it isnt intercepted before then)

It's at play.com mate, I just checked.

I'm getting a fair amount of juddering with the demo - I have tried many combinations of settings, defrag, virus scan, CCleaner, demo reinstall and even changing the .exe's priority to normal (which helped a lot of people). There are quite a few people having the same problem. Two years in the making for this engine apparently as well - at least that's why they said we didn't have 'NG' last year. :facepalm

The game is excellent though - try the demo extender, Gas!

Thanks Master will do.

I must be going blind, ill go look again.

I played about 10 games today. Found some stuff I enjoyed in almost every one. The biggest bonuses are finishing and AI goalkeepers are so much more balanced - but it is harder to get in shots because the AI defence appears better. So pleased.

I much agree with you Mani. Animations look superb, passing is way better. The realism was amazing when I played a ball along the ground from my defence to my striker who ran towards it like they do irl, with the defender right running right next to him, making it hard to control the ball on the firsttouch. Unlike in FIFA 10 where the striker will stand there and the defender just goes in front of him and takes it (that is if it isnt intercepted before then)

Playing on world class, I think that the AI defence is too hard and the AI attack is too crap. When attacking they really take it easy, like it's a lower level. It needs to be more balanced I think. I've actually moved down to professional now because on world class the defence is too good, and I keep getting bore 0-0's.

No TV? You must be in some financial predicament; good luck with it all, hope you get it sorted out. :)

That's uni for you. I have to get a TV License if I want a TV in my room, which is ?145.50 a year. Pretty annoying when you think of the amount of money spent on getting a PS3 and all my games. Ahh well, hopefully I'll be drunk enough not to notice ;)

That's uni for you. I have to get a TV License if I want a TV in my room, which is ?145.50 a year. Pretty annoying when you think of the amount of money spent on getting a PS3 and all my games. Ahh well, hopefully I'll be drunk enough not to notice ;)

You don't need a TV license unless you watch live TV on the tele - when I was at Uni we found a TV abandoned on our stairs, we took it into our kitchen and hooked up a battered old N64. Happy days.

So yeah, you can take it for games if you want, just don't plug it into an aerial.

Oh - you're at Uni! That's different - I thought you'd got yourself into a 'Beat the Bailiff' worthy financial mess. ::)

Playing on world class, I think that the AI defence is too hard and the AI attack is too crap. When attacking they really take it easy, like it's a lower level. It needs to be more balanced I think. I've actually moved down to professional now because on world class the defence is too good, and I keep getting bore 0-0's.

The defence needs to be broken down. After playing more games I agree the AI attack is probably a little poor. But the games are way to short to get a proper judgement. I had a 2-0 win as Arsenal over Chelsea, after losing the two games before 1-0. Everything is just so much more realistic. The attacking moves I make, the passes, the saves, the goals. I love it. Dead-set love it.

You don't need a TV license unless you watch live TV on the tele - when I was at Uni we found a TV abandoned on our stairs, we took it into our kitchen and hooked up a battered old N64. Happy days.

So yeah, you can take it for games if you want, just don't plug it into an aerial.

Well apparently I need to bring a TV license with me when I move in tomorrow if I take a TV. I'll have to query them about it and see whether I can just have one for playing the PlayStation on. I guess the thing is they can't really be sure you aren't plugging it into the aerial.

Found it yet?

I did find it on play under pc games. However a general search of fifa 11 didn't bring it up on play for some reason. Buggy search engine i guess.

Play take too long to delivery, 3-5 working days here, so i won't be ordering from play.

This demo is pretty fun. I started off losing on Semi-Pro but I've improved a bit in the last day and I win about 50% of my games on World Class. I played about 2 hours straight of Real Madrid (me) vs Barcelona yesterday, most of the games finished 1-0. Too bad I wont have any money to buy it when it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread