FOOTBALL Fifa 11

Will you buy FIFA 11?

• Total voters
You play the PC version? They're pretty much entirely different games.

The 360 version is messed up, FIFA 10 was absolutely brilliant and yet EA have once again let the public down with another average and unambitious release.

And yeah EA rarely fix bugs for their 360 titles. All they care about is money so they couldn't care less how buggy and unplayable the game is once it's released; FIFA 10 was full of online bugs that never got fixed because EA couldn't care less.

Last edited:
Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
The "just holding down x to pressure the opposition and take out the player" is pissing me off. The physical side of the game is so exaggerated it's ridiculous.

admittedly the defence is pretty solid this time out. Have struggled since in my manager mode loosing 3rd friendly 2-0 to Bradford and got hammered by Sheffield United opening game 4-0. Also lost to Middlesborough on penalties in League Cup. It's an improvement on previous versions where playing Professional was too easy. This time round its proving a challenge and I'm enjoying it. At the end of the day its a game and is never going to play exactly like real football.

Just started playing the Premier League in the Tournament Mode. Playing as Chelsea and I was absolutely shocked when I saw the fixtures. It was Away, Home, Home, Away, Home, Home, Away etc. So, I'm basically playing 2 home games right after an Away game making me playing 12 Home games in the first 19 games. Then after that, I will be playing 12 Away games in the remaining 19 games. How pathetic!

You play the PC version? They're pretty much entirely different games.

The 360 version is messed up, FIFA 10 was absolutely brilliant and yet EA have once again let the public down with another average and unambitious release.

And yeah EA rarely fix bugs for their 360 titles. All they care about is money so they couldn't care less how buggy and unplayable the game is once it's released; FIFA 10 was full of online bugs that never got fixed because EA couldn't care less.

Not this year it isn't, that nonsense is over with. I've played 'NG' console and PC versions of Fifa 11 and for me, there's not much in it. If it was another recycled Fifa 04, I wouldn't have wasted my money on it!

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 26 Seconds later...

Just started playing the Premier League in the Tournament Mode. Playing as Chelsea and I was absolutely shocked when I saw the fixtures. It was Away, Home, Home, Away, Home, Home, Away etc. So, I'm basically playing 2 home games right after an Away game making me playing 12 Home games in the first 19 games. Then after that, I will be playing 12 Away games in the remaining 19 games. How pathetic!

Weird - that doesn't seem to be happening in MM - the home/away ratio seems realistic, as does the table. No more Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool etc struggling midtable after twenty games.

MasterBlaster76 added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later...

admittedly the defence is pretty solid this time out. Have struggled since in my manager mode loosing 3rd friendly 2-0 to Bradford and got hammered by Sheffield United opening game 4-0. Also lost to Middlesborough on penalties in League Cup. It's an improvement on previous versions where playing Professional was too easy. This time round its proving a challenge and I'm enjoying it. At the end of the day its a game and is never going to play exactly like real football.

Yep, Pro this year is a solid challenge, especially with manual passing - I had a brief look at Legendary and it's going to be a while before I'm at that sort of level!!

As you said, it's never going to play exactly like real football and that's a good thing. Think about it: if it played exactly like real football, you'd need to play 90min matches most of the time to get any goals!! What it needs to be is a sort of 'heightened realism' football, and that it achieves for me.

I have to agree with you there good sir it does for me too. There are little subtle parts of the game that give it that 'heightened realism' you mentioned, such as player movements, the way they make a touch, passing etc. that make this game good. PES has a more simulation of football feel, solid game engine but a little robotic for me. Don't get me wrong they are both solid football games but FIFA has that edge to it that I am loving.

Weird - that doesn't seem to be happening in MM - the home/away ratio seems realistic, as does the table. No more Chelsea/Man Utd/Liverpool etc struggling midtable after twenty games.

I don't really think that happens in Manager Mode. In the previous FIFA, the fixture in the first season that you start is basically the same as the current season in reality and from what I remember, even the seasons after that will have a balance Home/Away games ratio. But I have no idea why the Premier League fixtures in the Tournament Mode is like how I said earlier. This was not the case when I played it in FIFA 10's Tournament Mode. The fixtures was relatively balance.

Did any of you guys play Fifa 05/ Total Club Manager 05 (on PC?) If so, you might remember a feature called 'Football Fusion'. Well, if you loved that as much as I did, it looks like it's making a return for Fifa Manager 11! :happy :happy

For those who didn't play it, it basically mixed the Fifa of that year with the Management game, and included tons of leagues, including the Conference, much more in depth management options of course, and best of all for me - International Management. Sounds good, huh? :D

News: FIFA Manager 11 announced, detailed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

I really hope I'm not getting ahead of myself, but isn't that what a player/manager does?

11's set to feature the FIFA 3D engine, more than 13,000 original player pictures, a player manager mode and a separate national team manager mode, the publisher adds.

As long as it's the Fifa 11 engine, eh? If not then they can keep it.

As I was saying. :(

standard_FIFAM11pcSCRNOffline3DMatch1ENG.jpg

It's Fifa 10 PC, isn't it? No good then.

Last edited:
Is it just me, or is it that everyone is finding it difficult to score in Be a Pro?

Be a pro is crap because your team mates have no brain whatsoever. They'll get the ball and run diagonally and straight into the opposition defender. The only way you can properly attack is if you call for the ball every 2 seconds and make a proper pass.

Be a pro is crap because your team mates have no brain whatsoever. They'll get the ball and run diagonally and straight into the opposition defender. The only way you can properly attack is if you call for the ball every 2 seconds and make a proper pass.

Hmm. I'll see what people say about BaL in PES then, for that side of things. BaL last year had better AI than what you've just described there. :facepalm

that's why i prefer to play as whole team in player career mode much better to play personally.

Did any of you guys play Fifa 05/ Total Club Manager 05 (on PC?) If so, you might remember a feature called 'Football Fusion'. Well, if you loved that as much as I did, it looks like it's making a return for Fifa Manager 11! :happy :happy

For those who didn't play it, it basically mixed the Fifa of that year with the Management game, and included tons of leagues, including the Conference, much more in depth management options of course, and best of all for me - International Management. Sounds good, huh? :D

News: FIFA Manager 11 announced, detailed - ComputerAndVideoGames.com

I really hope I'm not getting ahead of myself, but isn't that what a player/manager does?

As long as it's the Fifa 11 engine, eh? If not then they can keep it.

As I was saying. :(

standard_FIFAM11pcSCRNOffline3DMatch1ENG.jpg

It's Fifa 10 PC, isn't it? No good then.

OK, now it looks like that's Fifa 11 Manager's engine in action, if you just want to manage - but according to this guy:

Soccer Gaming Forums - View Single Post - Football Fusion Returns!!!!!!

there will be the option to play the match yourself with Fifa 11 PC - assuming you have it, of course. He usually knows what he's on about - I think he's a guy who gets inside info on EA Sports games. :spy

Users who are viewing this thread