FIFA WC 2014 Quarter Finals

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Big match experience won if for Gerry.Crowd won it or Brazil. Colombia never got out of 1st gear, Hames had no space & Cuadradro never got to run at Marcelo.

So great tactics by Scolari, since i was giving Colo the edge since i wasn't sure how he was going to deal with that.

This game makes me thing, whether after a year if Scolari has placed too much importance on Gustavo? Fernandinho/Pauliho did a brilliant job as a box 2 box duo.

I wonder now if he'd be brave enough to take the hand breaks off totally now & play Hulk up top & bring in Willian. All the pace + plus home crowd, i dont see anyone beating them unless Argentina actually step up.

However if word in next few days that Neymar is out - that will be the end of it BRA.

For aforementioned reasons, gotta give Arg the clear edge of Belgium now too. Won't be surprised if all the misfiring strikers for Arg step up 2moro..

War

Chairman of Selectors
Hmm early tweets i seeing from BBC and the journalist in BRAZ, quoting Scolari saying Neymar won't be able to play in semi-final.

1iram1

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Goal reporting he's out of the wc

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Scolari saying info coming out of hospital is that Neymar won't be fit for semi-final v Germany on Tuesday

Dan Roan (BBC)

hope everyone reminds him that, with the way he got his players to target James Rodriguez, it's pretty fitting they've lost their talisman.

anyway, that solves that @Simon, no way will brazil win the world cup now.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
That's a shame for Brazil, if they don't win the thing now there will always be the what could have been.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Germany by virtue of having the best squad in the world, with the best depth and players at their peak probably does deserve to win this cup.

Spain probably on par, but we haven't seen their exciting new generation players form a team yet and play.

Gash

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Even if Neymar was there, I am quite sure Brazil would not have beaten Germany. If they do so, they will outdo my predictions which shouldn't happen. Germany is a more balanced side, so they should reach finals IMO.

War

Chairman of Selectors
BrynUhdCAAEYkuX.png

ARG looking more direct today with Di Maria & Lavezzi seemingly set to play as wingers. Could potentially be a useful tactic vs the two Belgium full-backs who are naturally center backs.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Interesting stat: Argentina is unbeaten in 38 straight World Cup games when scoring first. Last loss was in 1958

Gash

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The goal which took Argentines to the semis:

859280872.gif

..and has perhaps shattered my predictions.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Brzc4a_CYAAdtRo.png:large

Depay @ wing-back? Hmm ha will be interesting to see if this is how the Dutch really line up.

Users who are viewing this thread