Fifa world cup draw

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you beat us I will never watch a Serbia game again. We finished 1st in our group ahead of France

FFS Ireland just about defeated France and we made Ireland look like a bunch of school girls. Plus your group was one of the easiest.

But I'd prefer if people/the media keep underestimating Australia. We aren't easy beats, just ask Holland lol. We may not have stars, but we are a tight team, unlike rables like England. I'm looking at your Mr Lampard.

But it'd be quite an achievement if we advance out of the group.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Hey its SA so you never know, the top teams could all collapse. They might spread their disease around...

Oh btw Australia > England ;)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Australia are by no means better than anyone in their group. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost all their games. Ghana and Germany will definitely beat them, and Serbia are a quality side.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
We were also the "worst team" in 2006 but yet advanced out of the group. Our only loss being Brazil but if you watch the game we easily could have won.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
FFS Ireland just about defeated France and we made Ireland look like a bunch of school girls. Plus your group was one of the easiest.

Easier then the group Australia had in their qualifiers?
This is probably the best Serbian team I have seen since the one that went to the 98 WC. Good mix of young and old, the majority of the players are playing in top European leagues. The only concern I have is the goalkeeper.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Australia are by no means better than anyone in their group. I wouldn't be surprised if they lost all their games. Ghana and Germany will definitely beat them, and Serbia are a quality side.

Not sure about Ghana, but I can't see the Aussies getting anything from Germany or Serbia.

Serbia will tear the Aussies a new one, I'm afraid. :noway

Quite possibly.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
BTW I am in no way saying the Aussies are crap, they have come a long way in such a short time.
This group is a really hard one, Germany are top 5 in the world, Ghana are probably the 2nd best team from Africa and a team with some quality players, my favorite team in the last world cup. Serbia has a solid defense with Vidic and Ivanovic a midfield with a mix of young and old, Stankovic, Jovanovic, Krasic and some experience forwards like Zigic and Pantelic.
Australia has a good number of players playing in England and other countries and anyone underestimating them will run into trouble.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
I totally agree that our qualifying is much easier. But its in some ways tougher then our old Oceana conference. Plus playing Asian teams on their home pitches mixed with theie weather really isn't easy at all.

I've been looking up games that Ghana and Serbia have played. Quite frankly i have underestimated Serbia, very slick side. Hopefully we can come away with a point.

Ghana on the other hand is our must win game. We beat them last year, even though they lacked 1 or 2 players, yet so did we. So should be a cracker! Bloody tough group though, anyone can go through.

I'm concerned with the Socceroos though. We really are lacking new young fresh talent like what we had in the late 90's and earlier this decade. With this World Cup being a majority of the players last, it could be the last one for Australia for some time :(

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
This is what's gonna happen.

V.S Germany: lose 1-0 despite a brave effort
V.S Ghana: Win 4-3 after been down 2 goals thanks to the ref
V.S Serbia: 2-2 we think we win it but they score with 1 minute left

With those results it could come down to goal difference.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
4-3?, 2-2? wtf?

vs Germany - 3-1 lose.
vs Ghana - 1-0 win, 1-1, or 2-1 win.
vs Serbia - 1-1 draw, maybe 0-0 draw.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
I expect us to go 1 goal down everygame but us to come back and draw or win every game. We seem to play better when we are behind.

Users who are viewing this thread