Fifa world cup draw

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Possibly. I think I should probably change my predictions though. I can see us losing to Ghana. Idk, its a tough group. We could easily finish last - but just as easily finish 2nd. I can see us beating Ghana and Serbia, but I can also see us getting hammered.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Remember the Croatia game people. And the Japan game. and we dominated possession against Italy, and were quality versus the Brazilians.

Don't write us off. And @the Poms, you haven't beaten us in 10 years. And we beat you in our last encounter :p

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah but heres the difference Gazza.

Older squad.
Not as good manager.

The squad is still good, possibly stronger in terms of bonding and skill, and the manager is still class, just not as good as Gus Hiddink. This isn't to say we'll play better or worse, it's just an older squad = less fitness. We were fit against Italy. Very fit. We unleashed counter attack after counter attack but the final finish was just never there (This is using my memory of a game more then 3 years ago where I was up tired as watching it. Not to mention my memory sucks. My version of events may be different to what really happened. xD) Croatia game was back and forth too. I'm just not sure how we will be able to do that in South Africa. Just look at our match against South Korea not long ago.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
And our team defo isn't as strong or experienced as it was last time. No Viduka, no Schwarzer and who knows whether Harry Kewell will be fit enough to play!

And Aloisi has lost his touch.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
No Schwarzer? What?

Kewell is probably going to go into that front man role, or so I've heard. Melikey. Hate Kennedy up front, unless he's got a partner - which is rare. He's normally the only one up their and hence we feel obliged to just boot the ball up top him because of his massive height. It's garbage.

4-1-3-1-1 would be my detailed formation. Pree much a 4-5-1, but Cahill should be given a license to push up and if need be, ultimately change it to a 4-4-2.

Cricketdude

Chairman of Selectors
It's actually a 4-2-3-1 with Cahill in the middle so we can play long balls up in the box and hope the aerial strengths of Cahill and Kennedy have what it takes.

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
------------Schwarzer-----------------

Emerton---Moore---Neil----Chipperfield

----------Grella-----Culina-------------

Bresciano-----------------------Kewell
-----------------Cahill----------------
---------------Kennedy---------------

Most likely squad, identical to 2006 excluding Viduka. Although the biggest concern is the age. Very old defence, hopefully experience pays off.

Players I'd like to see given a go though:

DEF: Wilkshire, Kisnorbo, Williams

MIDS: Carney, Valeri, Jedinak, Carle

STK: Vidosic

I was gonna say good old Scotty McDonald, but the way he's going, he'l never score a goal for Australia!

Last edited:

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Rofl, my bad. Was thinking of those Asia games with 'He Lost The Toss' as keeper.

@Sean, haven't really got into that show yet.

Is Schwarzer any good now? Those saves he made against Uruguay were incredible...

TumTum

International Cricketer
Thank god we don't have Viduka anymore. He just grabs the ball and plays keepers off from the defenders by chesting them.

Of course we need a bit of CAAAAHHHIIIIILLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

TumTum

International Cricketer
No matter how good the Bresciano, Kennedy and the others are, only Aloisi and Cahill can produce match winning goals in international matches.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Aloisi won't play. ffs I cant remember jack ████ about our recent squads. Having a mind blank over the players.

Users who are viewing this thread