IPL Final Match: Royal Challengers Banglore vs Deccan Charges

YAY :happy YAY :happy YAY :happy YAY :happy

Gilly has scored duck today but got 100 points as a captain :banana2

very well defended 143 :banana2

Roy started putting pressure on Pandey from the begining as well :p Shame shame Roy :D but as a professional ... great job buddy :banana2

DECCAN CHARGERS WINNER OF IPL 2009

Oh no.... This shouldnt have happened! Its fitting that I went to sleep before the Bangalore innings started (even though it was 12:30pm in the afternoon here, since tomorrow is Memorial Day holiday here in the US).

great win for deccan.. this tournament, my predictions have come horribly wrong! anyways, what a spectacle. inspite of all those who wanted the IPL to be a flop, it has became a raging success 2nd time in a row and has been changing world cricket in a great way. Other formats, if you are good enough, SURVIVE AT YOUR OWN STRENGTHS! Twenty20 is here for a 'fight to rule'.

The final presentation is spectacular.... WOW! Its like the ICC World Cup final ceremony. India and its money can make such spectacular events. WOW!

Its Awesome!!!!

DC WINNING IPL 2009!:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2

cant wait to see them lift the trophy!:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2:banana2

ALL HAIL GILCHRIST:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

Lol, no offense to South Africans but your president seems a little braindead.

:banana2:banana2:banana2
THE IPL IS FINALLY OVER!!!

:p

End of a farce, :)

No more of these tactical time-outs, DLF Maximums, and who knows what other crap.

EDIT: Citi Moment of Success ?

Yeah... enough said.

Hey, there was quality cricket all around. The second half of the IPL was absolutely brilliant. Not a farce to me, the Indians, and South Africans at least. And I know that there was more interest in England and Australia too. I enjoyed it, but i'm ready for some ODIs now. Not looking forward to the T20 WC personally.

Hey, there was quality cricket all around. The second half of the IPL was absolutely brilliant. Not a farce to me, the Indians, and South Africans at least. And I know that there was more interest in England and Australia too. I enjoyed it, but i'm ready for some ODIs now. Not looking forward to the T20 WC personally.

Some people consider it a farce because deep in them, they are sulking that none from their country played in the IPL. We saw that the IPL captured the interest of every other cricketing nation. It ruffled feathers when a current cricket captain said that he wouldnt mind if test cricket was overshadowed by T20 cricket (this guy goes late for international duty to accomodate more days for IPL). We have seen international overseas players celebrate wins as if they are playing for their country. The passion that the IPL has generated is tremendous!

Its possibly the world's biggest domestic cricketing success. Dont care if some consider it a farce. As you said, the second half of the
IPL was brilliant (kept me hooked although I felt some games looked like fixed to keep the interest quotient up).

Edit: This final closing ceremony is going too long. Has the main presentation ceremony been done with or is it going to come after this? I am waiting to see Gilly lift that IPL trophy.

Some people consider it a farce because deep in them, they are sulking that none from their country played in the IPL. We saw that the IPL captured the interest of every other cricketing nation. It ruffled feathers when a current cricket captain said that he wouldnt mind if test cricket was overshadowed by T20 cricket (this guy goes late for international duty to accomodate more days for IPL). We have seen international overseas players celebrate wins as if they are playing for their country. The passion that the IPL has generated is tremendous!

That's not a good thing...

Lol, no offense to South Africans but your president seems a little braindead.

Don't worry, we know that.

Great game and great bowling by Deccan. Ojha bowled beautifully and Harmeet Sighn did far better than I expected. Gibbsy showed once again that their needs to be a player who will bat through the innings and that was probably the biggest difference. The last 10 over of RCB's inning was poor to say the least.

but saisrini seems to be very proud of it ^ :rolleyes:

Oh yes Oh yes! I dont care if test cricket died. If the format is strong enough and great enough, it should survive on its own merit. Twenty20 is a platform for business using cricket. You cant stop people from trying out new areas of business. If test/ODI cricket cant survive, its the problem of those formats.

I enjoy T20 cricket more than any format right now. A good tight test match still wins for me, but those are rarities (in T20, even games between unequal teamss bring up tight situations which I love).

I'm kinda glad it's over. It was dragging on to say the least and I pretty much getting sick of it. But I'm really looking forward to the T20 WC here in England.

Well done Deccan.

Bowlers win you matches. The other IPL teams (Chennai, I'm looking at you) need to take note.

Users who are viewing this thread