First Screenshots Released

Gurjot95

National Board President
Indeed, thanks for that comparison, Biggs. AC09 looks like a joke comparing to AC13 now.. also we could barely see the arm guard in that AC09 screenshot. The pads and ball still looks better in AC09 though but the bat size have been wrong in both games (or atleast how it looks from the available screens). Overall, if these bugs can be fixed and player models can be improved slightly then this could well be one of the better looking sports title to be released this year. Now only if devs had posted this earlier and had time to improve it from users feedback...

I also believe that most of the negative criticism that is coming in this thread about graphics is only because of player models since it's almost impossible for anyone to hate on the amazing grass and pitch texture this game have.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As I've been saying for pages now... clearly a huge improvement graphically from previous titles, you can't make out any of the player-faces in any of the supplied AC13 images because they're too far away, all the player-faces in AC09 in-game (not cut-scene) looked comic-like and even in the cut-scene stuff that were all often 'closer-in' view of player faces they often looked "off". I always struggled to find "nice" looking faces when I was making splash-images for my mods. Not saying AC09 was a bad game (in it's time, it was great and much better than it gets credit for) but if you think these graphics are 'the same' or 'worse' than AC09/IC10 you would be unequivocally wrong. Huge improvement... and the ground/stadium and pitch textures alone are vastly more realistic.

It's all new, as we've been getting told now by Chief. After playing both titles today (IC10 and AC09) I do not doubt it.

...and as I said on like, page two... the only about-the-same looking thing is the variety in the crowd. Small thing, but worth pointing out. The crowd 'aesthetic' seems ...repetitive.

Last edited:
I'm still playing (and enjoying) AC09. When playing as England in the limited overs version of the game, they are in red strips....and I can't for the life of me remember them ever playing in red. My jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw ENG v NZ one dayer at Lords today...and England playing in red!!

The 2013 version of the game must be worth a punt at around ?36 for the game. Even without seeing any gameplay vids yet.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That defense looks very close to real one..still not Dravid the wall one.
Awesome work on that comparison Biggs !

It is not a Dravid defense, cause it is designed as a generic so it can be used by all players.

Great work on the comparisons. have you seen any cover shots. Going on Cricket 07, the shot looks so weird and nothing like real cricket.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Just read on cricketgaming, they say the first trailer will be released next week. Still I don't believe what they say but it would make sense to release say next Friday as champions trophy will be on, ashes likes Friday for news also. Hope it's true.:spy

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just read on cricketgaming, they say the first trailer will be released next week. Still I don't believe what they say but it would make sense to release say next Friday as champions trophy will be on, ashes likes Friday for news also. Hope it's true.:spy

It long delayed already. Its about time the marketing campaign got into full swing.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
It long delayed already. Its about time the marketing campaign got into full swing.

Last 2 weeks there has been some news, so a trailer next Friday would make sense, my guess is a short 1 and half min trailer with a longer one just before release. The rumour for a delay still will not go away but I have a feeling the game will be released on the 21st of june.:spy

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just read on cricketgaming, they say the first trailer will be released next week. Still I don't believe what they say but it would make sense to release say next Friday as champions trophy will be on, ashes likes Friday for news also. Hope it's true.
I've not heard anything regarding dates for gameplay videos - but considering there's three weeks left until the release date, it's far enough to assume you won't get the zonk going with door 1.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
The rumour for a delay still will not go away...

...worth remembering that rumor has only been generated by the competition for weeks now. Whether it's real or not, you guys need to sprinkle some salt on that.

Regardless of delays, I reckon we'll start seeing more and more images over the next few weeks and a timeline for a video looks to be about as the NZ/ENG series winds down.

Couple more comparisons for you, just purely for interests sake... Again, these are unedited examples from AC09:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I think the contrast/resolution of the supplied images is a bit too high, which is blowing out the colours of the members end a bit... but it certainly looks more detailed. Media Centre windows are correct in the old version, with that darker hue, except it's totally the wrong shape!... Overall, there's a clear graphic improvement in AC13... I especially prefer the brighter, nicer looking pitch and grass in the new screens, which is more consistent with how Lords actually looks.

Attachments

• Lords Comparison 1.png
    Lords Comparison 1.png
    152.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Lords Comparison 2.png
    Lords Comparison 2.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:

Lionden

Club Captain
Couple more comparisons for you, just purely for interests sake... Again, these are unedited examples from AC09:

The major difference between those screenshots is a result of AA which Ashes 13 lacks. Aside from that, AC09 also has more depth of field and better lightening.

Last edited by a moderator:

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
You probably don't need to quote all the images again...

Both shots are taken on a clear day, there was no lightening :p

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Can I point out to people who don't know, the
viewpost.gif
button next to the Originally Posted by line takes you back to the original post, provided you have quoted either using the select based quick quote or clicked the Quote button.

Just snip quotes back to just the bits you are replying to, or the first line so people can just refer back to the post you're talking about.

Users who are viewing this thread